Bootylicious!!

It's snowing here right now!

33 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Well, we got it way before you did. It was snowing last week here in southeast MN...

Me- Indonesia & hubby - US

married in Vancouver, Canada

USCIS-free for 10 years !

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the North suxs

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Other Timeline

we had frost this morning here in the NC foothills, and apparently there was snow up in the mountains yesterday and over night. They're calling for snow here possibly tonight or tomorrow too.

Which is fine, I haven't seen "winter" here yet since I moved, and they keep tellin' me it happens :P

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Not snowing here in California thats for sure lol it going to be in the 80sf till Thurs from what the weather says.

Citizenship

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

CIS Office : San Francisco CA

Date Filed : 2008-06-11

NOA Date : 2008-06-18

Bio. Appt. : 2008-07-08

Citizenship Interview

USCIS San Francisco Field Office

Wednesday, September 10,2008

Time 2:35PM

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Oh NOOOOOOOOO snowing!!! when i have my visa, hopefully in the next 2-5 weeks, am movin to NC and up in the mountains too, gawd i thot my hubby was kidding me when he told me this mornin it was snowing :crying:

Where in NC are ya?

Separated!!

Snow here in London this morning. Had to pick up husband (he works night shift) at 7:30 a.m. and the car was covered. Icy roads too, glad I got new tires before I got here!

Married 12-30-05

Started our visa journey Jan 06.

01-06 - I-130, K3 shortly after

04-06 - switched to Canada Immigration

07-06 - Moved to Canada (PR almost complete)

07-06 - Changed again, back to US imm.

09-06 - Landed as Canadian PR

10-06 - DCF Toronto, Approved in 1.5 hrs!

11-06 - Interview Montreal (success!)

I-130

10-05-06 DCF in Toronto - Approved

10-19-06 Packet 3 received & sent back

10-20-06 Montreal receives P3

11-03-06 Packet 4 received

11-06-06 Medical

11-22-06 Interview / Visa approved

11-26-06 heading home, 6 day drive, my oh my

HOME SWEET HOME

10.24.08 - Mailed I-751 to CSC

Delivered at 9:03 AM on October 25, 2008

10.29.08 NOA1

10.30.08 Check cashed

12.06.08 Biometrics Appt.

12.19.08 Received new Drivers License extended to 2011

03.12.09 Received CONGRATULATIONS letter - Card on the way!!

03.20.09 Received his SHINY new card. WOO HOOOOOOO

YAY!! We can take a break from this madness until Citizenship.

Filed: Timeline

We were like in the 50's this morning. It was brutal. Then it stayed chilly all day - didn't make it past 72F today. Man, here I moved to Florida and now it looks like I gotta dig up them long johns again.

Jokes aside, I saw people at work that actually showed up with jackets this morning. One dude even brought a scarf. And that guy (although of Indian decent) was born and raised in Toronto. He's only been in Tampa for 6 years but can't seem to tolerate a crisp 55F morning anymore. I clearly stick out as a new-comer running around in short sleeves this morning. :huh:

We were like in the 50's this morning. It was brutal. Then it stayed chilly all day - didn't make it past 72F today. Man, here I moved to Florida and now it looks like I gotta dig up them long johns again.

Jokes aside, I saw people at work that actually showed up with jackets this morning. One dude even brought a scarf. And that guy (although of Indian decent) was born and raised in Toronto. He's only been in Tampa for 6 years but can't seem to tolerate a crisp 55F morning anymore. I clearly stick out as a new-comer running around in short sleeves this morning. :huh:

Crickey, I would freeze to death.

55F, that's winter.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.......

55F, that's winter.

That's what I've been told. If that's winter, I say: Bring It On! B)

Remember, I spent the last winter in Cincinnati...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We had frost this morning and the temperature was in the low 30s - that is way early for us. We had to bring the outside plants in last night so they wouldn't die and find a place for them inside to winter over - last year I didn't need to bring them in until mid-November. It got up into the high 50s today but frost warnings are out again for tonight. We are south of Atlanta so I suspect they got a good hard freeze in the mountains north of the city. Winter here isn't really winter in Canadian terms - last 2 years we haven't had to turn the furnace on until the near the end of December and by the end of February the trees are beginning to bloom and flower again. The camellia bushes are in bloom all winter long. Still, I see kids going to school in snow jackets, wool hats and mittens while I haven't had to wear more than a light spring jacket since I got here. I gave my winter coats away when I moved south and haven't needed them. Still, I must be getting acclimatized - it felt cold this morning. :D

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Still, I must be getting acclimatized - it felt cold this morning. :D

That'll happen. You'll also learn to not only tolerate but actually like the sticky hot summers. The south kind of grows on you like that. It did on me anyways. I remember my first time back south from Cincinnati (not exactly the north either) this spring. The stop in ATL on the way to Tampa was awesome. Hot, sticky, southern air. It's the Best! :yes:

Edited by ET-US2004

Its a balmy 60 degrees here in southern California. I did get a letter from my sister and she said there was enough snow on Grand Mesa on the western slope of Colorado to open up Powerhorn if the forest service would let them do it.

Jasman.....we live on the edge of Grand Mesa, CO but right now we are working in nice warm California (probably up 'til Christmas) and Hubby says he misses the snow in Colorado :wacko: I'm not so sure though, I haven't had to deal with much of the white stuff having lived in London all my life!

Edited by ladybird216

Removing of Conditions Timeline

05/29/2007 - Sent package to NSC

05/31/2007 - Package received by NSC

06/01/2007 - Date on NOA (1 day after they received our package!)

06/11/2007 - NOA and Biometrics notice received via snail-mail

06/21/2007 - Biometrics taken

04/03/2008 - Transferred to CSC

05/14/2008 - Approved (notified via email)

05/21/2008 - Card received

55F, that's winter.

55F? Blimey that is warm for here now. It won't get anywhere near that in the day until about April. If we're lucky...

I've already moved on to my early winter coat, gloves and hat. Brrr :(

Met the ole man in January 1998

Jan. 2004: K1 visa issued ~ April 2004: Got on a plane ~ Nov. 2004: GC in my mucky hands ~ Dec. 2006: Received 10 YR GC

September 2008 - US passport delivered!

Damn, I really miss the cold winters :cry:

I had so much fun in the UK....snowball fights, angels in the snow, snowmen, scrubbin your friend with a monster snowball, hell, I even talked my friends into droppin their pants for an azz print in the snow....then we compared which one was biggest,....thankfully it wasn't mine, lol!!!

We've even been snowed in at the pub...what a shame, eh?

We had snow flurries on Monday, I think. Was either Sunday or Monday. When I left work today (7:30am), it was 24° and my truck was covered in frost.

It is WAY too early for winter. I know mags is all excited about it, but I'm not. Keep in mind that I don't have a ceiling or 2 walls in the master bedroom yet.... it gets damn cold in here. I was REALLY not counting on it getting this cold this early.

I think this is the best year for fall foliage we've had in a while, though. All of the maples are gorgeous.... lots of maples with leaves that are both red and yellow. I need to go out and get some pictures of a few before the leaves fall.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.