Rodney

CSC, what a cluster ----

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I called CSC today. I give my petiton number and wanted to know the status of shipment to NVC. The response I got was that it is still in the mailroom. The lady said they are waiting for enough petitions to build up to mail. She did not have an expected departure date.

What utter bullshit.

I just finished writing a letter to my Congressman and faxing it to his office. I will update this thread if this should happen to make any difference. Patience ran out today.

Rodney

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

I'm right there with you. I think I will write a letter to my congressman tonight as well and send it on over. CSC is just so unorganized.

Consulate : Madrid, Spain

I-129F Sent : 2006-06-05

I-129F NOA1 : 2006-06-21

Touched! : 2006-09-13

Touched again: 2006-09-14

RFE Email : 2006-09-15

Touched : 2006-09-17

IMBRA RFE Received: 2006-09-20

IMBRA Sent Overnight : 2006-09-21

IMBRA RFE Received by CSC : 2006-09-26

Touched - 2006-09-27

Touched AND APPROVAL - 2006-09-28 (2006-09-27 Packet Sent)

NVC Received Case and Case # Assigned - 2006-10-27

K1 Visa Approved - 2006-12-20

K1 Visa Received in Mail - 2006-12-21

Fiance arrival in US - 2007-01-15

Wedding Date - 2007-1-20

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
I called CSC today. I give my petiton number and wanted to know the status of shipment to NVC. The response I got was that it is still in the mailroom. The lady said they are waiting for enough petitions to build up to mail. She did not have an expected departure date.

What utter bullshit.

I just finished writing a letter to my Congressman and faxing it to his office. I will update this thread if this should happen to make any difference. Patience ran out today.

Rodney

Unfortunately this seems to be normal lately. Many of us waited between 3-5 weeks for cases to be forwarded. Not sure what writing your Congressman will do but worth a shot! Good Luck!

What utter bullshit.

Rodney

Yep, and i've been waiting a week longer than you. I don't even get that mailroom story. At least that would explain things.

No wonder nothing is happening......we are just sitting in the stupid mail room :(:(:(

My NOA was also 9/28.

I seen people go through NVC that were approved by CSC AFTER your NOA2 date...I think the mailroom story is a bogus excuse.

Jun 26, 06 - 129-F filed

Sep 27, 06 - NOA2

Nov 28, 06 - INTERVIEW SUCCESS!!!

Dec 12, 06 - VISA IN HAND

Dec 29, 06 - MARRIED!!

Jan 8, 07 - filed for AOS and EAD

Apr 3, 07 - EAD approved!!!

Apr 7, 07 - EAD card arrived!

May 10, 07 - Interview....APPROVED!!!

May 23, 07 - GC in hand

Feb 10, 09 - I-751 sent to CSC

Feb 12, 09 - NOA1

Apr 20, 09 - Approved!

Jun 12, 09 - Card Production Ordered

Jun 19, 09 - 10 year GC Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

The CSC mail room is a joke. I use to see a lot of Oct approved cases get to the NVC before mine.. What a messed up shipping system. One would think the CSC could ship cases in some sort of order.. ?? < Since this won't happen at least the CSC could learn from the Vermont Service Center on how to ship cases out in good time!!

I-751 10yr Green Card

01-07-10 Approval Letter for the 10yr Green Card

01-15-10 Production Email Regarding the Green Card from USCIS

01-28-10 Green Card received from USCIS

US Citizenship

10-19-10 Mailed N-400 packet to Texas via Priority Mail

10-22-10 Packet was delivered after being forwarded to Dallas

10-27-10 Check was finally cashed by USCIS

10-30-10 I-797C Notice of Action (NOA) Received

11-02-10 RFE Text Message, and Email Received (Must be the Biometrics)

11-08-10 Biometrics Letter Received for 11/17/2010

11-17-10 Biometrics was done with in five minutes of reaching at 8:00am

12-06-10 Testing, and Interview email status received via email from USCIS with information to expect a letter shortly with appoinment time.

1-13-11 Interview Passed with form N-652 checked [box A] with congrats you have been recommended for finally approval.

1-13-11 USCIS JAX officer said the Oath letter will come in two or three months.

2-23-11 Oath Ceremony Letter was received for March 17th for 9am in the GNV Federal Court House

3-17-11 Oath Certificate was received at the oath ceremony, and appointment made for US passport for Monday 3-21-11.

Timeline

I think the info and phone call was valid yesterday. I received an email from CSC and my status date changed on the CSC web page. Of course none of this amounts to anything since I'm still sitting in their mail room.

I am just at a loss for words on how stupid CSC and this process with them is.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

What utter bullshit.

Rodney

Do not worry everything in their system is a joke.I just call my fiancee to tell him that we are approved and he told me that he call VSC last night (5:30 pm - they work till 6pm) and they told him that we have to wait 30-60 more days and few hours later at 5am i got an e-mail saying we were approved yesterday.Isn't taht a joke?!

K1

AOS & EAD

03/24/2007- AOS package mailed

04/02/2007- NOA1

05/02/2007 AOS transfered to CSC

06/09/2007 Biometrics done

06/11/2007 EAD card production ordered

07/03/2007 AOS card production ordered

07/7/2007 GC in mail -date on card 6/28/2007

I-751

4/21/08 - I-751 package mailed- regular mail

4/28/09 - Check cashed

5/6/09 - NOA 1 received

7/28/09 - called 1- 800 -.... put in service request

7/31/0 - e-mail from CRIS - no biometrics needed

NOW WAITING......

Filed: Other Country: Netherlands
Timeline
Do not worry everything in their system is a joke.I just call my fiancee to tell him that we are approved and he told me that he call VSC last night (5:30 pm - they work till 6pm) and they told him that we have to wait 30-60 more days and few hours later at 5am i got an e-mail saying we were approved yesterday.Isn't taht a joke?!

There's a reason they call it the 'mis-information' line.

:whistle:

Our K-1 Visa/AOS/RoC timeline can be found here.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

yesterday I called CSC the person I spoke to was extremely nice but he had a very hard to understand accent. I think he said my was shipped out October 9. I called NVC nothing. Again today I called CSC the lady on the phone was very rude. After a while explaining the situation that I only want to have a confirmation when my package was sent to NVC. she told me the case always send out a day before it get approve. Browsing around VJ many case NVC received in less then 2 weeks. This is so frustrating.

Timeline

2006-07-10 : I-129F sent to TSC

2007-03-24 : Leave for Vietnam

2007-03-29 : Blue slip and then PINK

2007-04-03 : Picked Up Visa

2007-04-07 : POE in Chicago

2007-04-11 : Married In Court

2007-04-23 : SSN applications submit

2007-05-01 : SSN Recevied

2007-05-17 : AOS + EAD Sent

2007-05-29 : I-765 EAD NOA received

2007-05-31 : I-485 AOS NOA received

2007-08-01 : EAD received

2007-08-02 : Green Card AOS received

Life is good...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Just got an email back from NVC, still no information :(

Consulate : Madrid, Spain

I-129F Sent : 2006-06-05

I-129F NOA1 : 2006-06-21

Touched! : 2006-09-13

Touched again: 2006-09-14

RFE Email : 2006-09-15

Touched : 2006-09-17

IMBRA RFE Received: 2006-09-20

IMBRA Sent Overnight : 2006-09-21

IMBRA RFE Received by CSC : 2006-09-26

Touched - 2006-09-27

Touched AND APPROVAL - 2006-09-28 (2006-09-27 Packet Sent)

NVC Received Case and Case # Assigned - 2006-10-27

K1 Visa Approved - 2006-12-20

K1 Visa Received in Mail - 2006-12-21

Fiance arrival in US - 2007-01-15

Wedding Date - 2007-1-20

Timeline

Sort of an update. Still waiting on the Congressman's rep response.

Since the posting yesterday.

-I got a touch at CSC yesterday for case inquiry.

-Called the Congressman's office today to follow up on FAX from yesterday. The lady was very nice and is looking into my case. She did not give me any can response.

-Just now I got more touches from CSC.

So I will wait a day or so now and give them time to work. (so I don't piss them off)

At the least it appears that this did generate some response and hopefully action.

For those doubting responses from your Congressman. Remember it is election time.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

What utter bullshit.

I don't understand the reasoning in this thread.

It is a fact that the NVC uses diplomatic pouch or a substitute to send cases to post. They do not send them out one at a time; they wait until the 'bin' is full for a given post and send in bulk.

This is nothing new.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Timeline

The post is for those of us that do not have an NVC number, who went through CSC, and who call NVC and get told they do not have our papers.

CSC still has them and has not mailed them to NVC.

Process is CSC to NVC to said embassy.

I don't know the shipping method from CSC to NVC. I do however know you have to place it in some mail system to have it delivered. The lady at CSC said that my papers and others are still sitting in the CSC mailroom waiting for some quantity to build up before delivery would happen. It's been a month.

You are correct for the NVC to embassy. That is a diplomatic delivery via DHL.

Hopes this clears the confusion.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.