6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello all,

My fiance arrived to the states on June 7 at the JFK. Upon arrival, the officer wrote on her passport the ALIEN#.

It is a little confusing the fact that we never recieved a NOA2 via mail with that ALIEN# before.

Our question is, we're getting ready to apply for the green card, and on the application it asks me for the ALIEN#. Should i write down the number the officer at the airport wrote down, or should i leave it blank since we never recieved a hard copy of that number before.

I wan't even aware that people on K1 visa get a ALIEN# right away, so if anyone can clear me uo from these confusions i would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you

She should have an A# already. It is on the NOA2. The officer can look up the number and he wrote it in the passport. The thing it, he might have mixed up the numbers (human error), so people here recommend to go by the number in the NOA2. You got a NOA2, right? Use the A# found there. If you didn't get a NOA2, you need it for AOS.

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

What Harpa said + the A# is also written on the visa itself... so you can corroborate whatever the CBP officer wrote, with the number at the bottom left corner of the visa. good.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

thanx so much, guys, but the point is that I never recieved a NOA2. But she has this number, which starts A and all bunch of numbers, on her visa and on her I-94 card, so I guess that's the alien number!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

thanx so much, guys, but the point is that I never recieved a NOA2.

What you state above as an innocent comment, is in fact quite a bit of an issue. See:

If you didn't get a NOA2, you need it for AOS.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

What you state above as an innocent comment, is in fact quite a bit of an issue. See:

It is possible to file for AOS without paying for a replacement NOA2. Several people have done it.

OP> See this thread for what you can do and send for AOS without an NOA2: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/353607-no-noa2-to-send-with-aos/

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.