AL+ ALENA FOREVER

AOS - CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

OK - I really do not understand

Here is my Story

I filed the I485 for my wife on Dec 6, 2011 - It was received on Dec 13, 2011.

On Jan 5, 2012 it was transferred to the CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER.

My latest service request reply was mailed to us on Aug 2, 2012 and we received it today Aug 7, 2012.

All it states is that they understand that the time for the I485 filed is outside normal processing times and that are making every effort to adjudicate our case in an expeditions fashion as soon as available under their resource constraints..

Tonight I looked at the processing time lines for the CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER and from what I can see they are processing applications for AOS received on January 14, 2011. - Unless I am wrong this means that they are taking almost 19 months to process AOS applications. Can this be true???

I really cannot understand why it is taking 19 months to process adjustment of status (I485) applications.

Is anyone else having the same problem?? Are people waiting 19 PLUS months to get their I485 - AOS application adjudicated??

Now I understand that everything takes time but we sent in over one thousand US dollars for the I765 & I485. To me that should be enough money for the USCIS to hire people to process the application in less time. There should be no tax dollars tied to this process being we sent big money for the application to be processed. We have already been married for over 1 year. I feel that the application for AOS should be very cut and dry.By being married living in the same household for over 1 year for have a valid relationship. I do not understand what I am missing here.

Please people tell me - Is this common for AOS to take so long??? What is the USCIS looking for that makes the processing times so long.

Thanks for all you input

mFiFxsxhBLkM.jpgmFiFm5.png?xsxhBLkM

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

They do not list the dates and processing time it takes for family-based I-485 applications. The processing date listed is for employment-based adjustment applications.

The ones being transferred to CSC are taking a long time as of late. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/131-adjustment-of-status-case-filing-and-progress-reports/

Edited by Jay-Kay

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Count me in and the rest of the people here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/364907-january-csc-transfers/

If you also check the date they last updated the timetable, it was May 31, 2012. They are supposed to update it every 15th of the month.

I still have to call them after I post this.

Call your US Senator or Congressman. I bet within 2 weeks of you contacting them and filling out their authorization form you will have an approval notice.

Depends on the Congressman/Senator really, but I agree. I know in our case (similar situation and timeline of OP actually) we contacted both senator and congressman and funny enough, USCIS all the sudden approved our case after not touching it for 6 months. Funny how that works. But hey, it could just be a flook and our application somehow weaved it's way out of the cesspool, but I'm betting the contact had something to do with it.

BTW, I didn't bother with a "non-service" request.

Total elapsed time between filing I-129F to GC in hand 569 days or 1 Year, 6 months, 22 days.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

pues yo creo que no tienes ningún problema; en el link del anterior comentario te lo ha dejado bien clarito. es igual en todos los sitios.

when replying, please use english. Doesn't help the OP at all.

To the OP: I think the fact that they acknowledged it is outside of their processing times is encouraging. Maybe this is a good time to start an inquiry from your elected official. It definitely is not going to hurt. But, as someone pointed out, it depends on the official. I read one post several months back where the congressman basically told them that they didn't care about their immigration process. I hope the one you contact is not like that.

Good luck.

My question is that since CSC doesn't post processing times for AOS family based petitions, how is there timeframe to be outside of?

Edited by Que Saudade

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

My question is that since CSC doesn't post processing times for AOS family based petitions, how is there timeframe to be outside of?

The time frame is given when you call them for an update. The automated system will likely tell you 180 days since the transfer for a decision (though it does keep changing). This is what most people are using as a current guideline for the family based AOS.

Edited by Thomas and Kristi

Total elapsed time between filing I-129F to GC in hand 569 days or 1 Year, 6 months, 22 days.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Thanks for all your help and advice - I feel that the process needs to be streamlined - There needs to be less red tape & less time line. With the amount of money that we pay to file we should have a quicker application processing time. There should be no reason for an AOS to take over 8 months. It is not like our income level is marginal.

We provided enough proof that the AOS should have been approved

I will make the contact to Senator & Congressman

I do hope to see some movement very soon

Thanks again for all your advice.

mFiFxsxhBLkM.jpgmFiFm5.png?xsxhBLkM

Timeline

Yeah, it seems that as K1 applicants, they have basically already adjudicated most of the process. Background checks etc... Now they just need to see that we married within the timeframe. What more do they need from the K1 being approved? We file the I-864, basically the I-134 again. We send in our marriage certificate. It should be quite straightforward for this adjustment of status. Then we have to remove conditions. Hell, at this rate, we will have been married 2 years before we get a green cardheadbonk.gif

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Yeah, it seems that as K1 applicants, they have basically already adjudicated most of the process. Background checks etc... Now they just need to see that we married within the timeframe. What more do they need from the K1 being approved? We file the I-864, basically the I-134 again. We send in our marriage certificate. It should be quite straightforward for this adjustment of status. Then we have to remove conditions. Hell, at this rate, we will have been married 2 years before we get a green cardheadbonk.gif

Getting mad at the government for being inefficient is like yelling at a Big Mac and demanding it to be fat free but still delicious. It's never going to happen, but I guess it makes us feel better for airing our woes. :P

Heck, I'd go picket the place if I could but I don't want to be shot. :lol:

Timeline

Oh I am to the point that I don't even get mad. I just raise questions. I try to remember if it is logical to me, then to the Gov't it must be the oppositerofl.gif

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Just a friendly reminder to you guys if you contact your Congressman or Senator for assistance to send them a formal thank you letter for their assistance afterwards. :thumbs:

Apparently you don't mess with Senator Corker. Got our approval 3 days after notifying them, Green card in hand 2 weeks later. I wrote a nice thank you to the Senator and mentioned the name of the Aide that actually assisted (hah) in the letter.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.