AL+ ALENA FOREVER

AOS - CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I do not feel we are asking for anything for free - If we are unhappy with the process then how can the process be improved if we do not complain??

I do feel that the only way to make the process better is to let people know when we are not happy with the process. If the process that is in place is bad then it should be improved.

I am not saying I have all the answers but to me some things are clear.

1. All cases should be adjudicated 1st in 1st out.

2. If we have full filled the requirements of getting married with in the 1st 90 days and we make enough money to support our spouse then there should be very little else that they should be concerned about.

I not only want our case to be adjudicated in a timely matter I want everyone's case to be adjudicated in a timely matter. I feel 8 plus months is way to long to wait.

mFiFxsxhBLkM.jpgmFiFm5.png?xsxhBLkM

I do not feel we are asking for anything for free - If we are unhappy with the process then how can the process be improved if we do not complain??

I do feel that the only way to make the process better is to let people know when we are not happy with the process. If the process that is in place is bad then it should be improved.

I am not saying I have all the answers but to me some things are clear.

1. All cases should be adjudicated 1st in 1st out.

2. If we have full filled the requirements of getting married with in the 1st 90 days and we make enough money to support our spouse then there should be very little else that they should be concerned about.

I not only want our case to be adjudicated in a timely matter I want everyone's case to be adjudicated in a timely matter. I feel 8 plus months is way to long to wait.

You might want to forward your suggestions/comments to your senator and congressman who can perhaps assist you.

1) I did want to clarify something. Working in disability has afforded me some first hand experience when it comes to angry people and claim adjudication. While it would be nice to process in a "first come first serve manner" you also assume that all cases are equal and complete. We well know that not everyone includes all the information needed and at times a request has to be sent for additional information. The "first come first serve" works well in some settings like a fast food drive thru, but not all (like applying for benefits or residency). I personally don't know that I'd want my case to be treated just like everyone else. That opens the door to more scrutiny and long wait times (i.e. consider your case being comparable to that of a country that's under the close eye of the government).

2) I do agree with this, but have to reference you back to #1. While at times I feel the government does process just to do process, I believe there to be a reason for process for the most part.

Total elapsed time between filing I-129F to GC in hand 569 days or 1 Year, 6 months, 22 days.

Timeline

Here are the latest updates

I mailed a letter to my congressman late on Tue AUG 14th about 8PM

On Thursday AUG 16th at 5PM I received a call from someone from my congressman's office telling me that everything should be completed within 30 days.

On Friday Aug 17th I received an email stating ....

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production

On August 17, 2012, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

This step applies to applications that result in an applicant receiving a card (such as a "green card") or other document (such as a naturalization certificate, employment authorization document, travel document, or advance parole). Applications will be in this step from the time the order to produce the card/document is given until the card/document is produced and mailed to the applicant. You can expect to receive your card/document within 30 days of the approval of your application.

If you do not receive your document, please contact our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results

listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current

processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Check Processing Times.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

On Sat Aug 18th 12:01 AM I received an email stating ....

On August 17, 2012, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before receiving your card, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

During this step the formal decision (approved/denied) is written and the decision notice is mailed and/or emailed to the applicant/petitioner. You can use our current processing time to gauge when you can expect to receive a final decision.

Everything is now moving forward

I suspect that we will have the our AOS completed within a couple of weeks

I am happy that it is finally near the end

Yay! So happy for you!! You should get your card any day now. I don't think it takes the whole 30 days to receive it.

Total elapsed time between filing I-129F to GC in hand 569 days or 1 Year, 6 months, 22 days.

Timeline

We received Lena's PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD 7 calendar days after we contacted our US Congressman - This is 8 plus months since we filed for Lena's AOS. I am so very happy that this process is completed. It took just under 9 months for the US Government to give birth to Lena's PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD.

I like that they stamp the card that Lena has been permanent resident since 8/15/2012 one day before they were contacted by our US Congressman's office.

I like their time line!!!!

I was never worried about her approval - The paperwork that we submitted left no room for anyone to question anything. We over documented everything.

It looks like the USCIS does not like being contacted by Representatives or Senators.

I will now write a thank you letter to our US Congressman - His office got the job done.

I would advice everyone who's process is outside the normal time line to contact their Representative or Senator.

It worked wonders for us!!!!

Edited by AL+ ALENA FOREVER

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

We received Lena's PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD 7 calendar days after we contacted our US Congressman - This is 8 plus months since we filed for Lena's AOS. I am so very happy that this process is completed. It took just under 9 months for the US Government to give birth to Lena's PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD.

I like that they stamp the card that Lena has been permanent resident since 8/15/2012 one day before they were contacted by our US Congressman's office.

I like their time line!!!!

I was never worried about her approval - The paperwork that we submitted left no room for anyone to question anything. We over documented everything.

It looks like the USCIS does not like being contacted by Representatives or Senators.

I will now write a thank you letter to our US Congressman - His office got the job done.

I would advice everyone who's process is outside the normal time line to contact their Representative or Senator.

It worked wonders for us!!!!

Congrats on the success! We are a little behind you, but still frusterated by waiting so looooong! I am preparing to contact my congressman and wondering - What did you say to plead your case? Did you just focus on wait time? Or did you talk about other reason why you needed it quickly? Thanks!

Timeline

Below is what I sent to our congressman

Privacy Act Release Form

I am aware that the Privacy Act of 1974 (P.L. 93-579) prohibits the release of

information without my approval. I request Congressman Randy Neugebauer to inquire

in my behalf and do hereby give my permission for the appropriate information in my file

be released to him and/or his staff.

NAME XX XXXXXXXX __________________CELL PHONE 999-999-9999

ADDRESS XXXXXXXXXXXXX ______________WK PHONE PLEASE CALL MYCELL #

CITY XXXXXXXXX _________________________ZIP CODE XXXXX-XXXX

SOCIAL SECURITY NO XXX-XX-XXXX

OTHER AGENCY FILE NO. (ifapplicable)___________________________________

NATURE OF THE PROBLEM (Please describe the problem below and be specific as

to the type of assistance you are requesting from theCongressman):

Representative Neugebauer we are asking for your help. My name is AL Rautbort my wife's name is Elena Rautbort. We filed an I-485(APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS) Dec 6, 2011. We then received an I-797C Notice of Action dated Dec 13, 2011 stating that they received our I-485 on Dec 12, 2011.

On we received an I-797C Notice of Action dated Jan 5, 2012stating that they transferred our case to the California Service Center.

On March 21, 2012 we received an appointment letter to havebiometrics taken for Elena on April 16, 2012.

We had the biometrics done in Lubbock on April 16, 2012.

We have called in and placed several service requests and we still get no real results. All they say is that we know that your case is outside the normal processing time. This is going on 8 plus months.

Our MCS number is MSC999999999999 for our I-485

Our last service request number is X9X9X9X9X9X9X9X9X

My email address is axxxxxxxx@xxxxx.com

My cell number is 999-999-9999

Please let me know if you can help us.

AL Rautbort

Date Signature

The form was on our congressman's web site - I just added our details - I blocked out all our personal information

I still cannot believe how fast the process completed after we sent the letter to our congressman. We received Lena's Permanent Resident Card in our mail box 7 days after our congressman received our request for help. It still bothers me that they do not process all applications 1st in 1st out. When an application if clearly detailed (No requests for more information) with everything completed and no missing information I feel they should be fast tracked. 8 months is not fast.

I hope you have a speedy adjudication

GOOD LUCK

Edited by AL+ ALENA FOREVER

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.