MoTiff

Interview questions!!!

14 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hi all

Please I need your help people in this matter.

Today I had a very hot discussion between me and my wife about the interview questions, first of all she is refusing to agree on the answers (The real answers of course) but my problem is that she keep forgetting a lot of stuff, and I told her we have to agree on the answers first, but she said she will never lie and so on (Of course I wasn't asking her to lie, all what I was asking for is to agree on the common question's answers). Can anyone explain to us clearly what will happened if any of our answers didn't match, thank you.

The second issue is that, she tied her tubes, which mean she can't get pregnant any more, and according to the interviews questions I've been reading, there are a couple of questions that is asking about if the couple had sex or not, and if they used condoms, or birth control pills. So I asked her, please, say that you used birth control pills, because I'm afraid if she said she got her tubes fixed (and this is the only thing I'm asking her to lie about), they will reject us all together, so can anyone help us in this and confirm if that will affect there decision or not, please!!! Thank you very much in advance.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi all

Please I need your help people in this matter.

Today I had a very hot discussion between me and my wife about the interview questions, first of all she is refusing to agree on the answers (The real answers of course) but my problem is that she keep forgetting a lot of stuff, and I told her we have to agree on the answers first, but she said she will never lie and so on (Of course I wasn't asking her to lie, all what I was asking for is to agree on the common question's answers). Can anyone explain to us clearly what will happened if any of our answers didn't match, thank you.

The second issue is that, she tied her tubes, which mean she can't get pregnant any more, and according to the interviews questions I've been reading, there are a couple of questions that is asking about if the couple had sex or not, and if they used condoms, or birth control pills. So I asked her, please, say that you used birth control pills, because I'm afraid if she said she got her tubes fixed (and this is the only thing I'm asking her to lie about), they will reject us all together, so can anyone help us in this and confirm if that will affect there decision or not, please!!! Thank you very much in advance.

Why would you even have to bring up tubes tied unless they specifically asked are your tubes tied. Even if they ask her "can you have children" she can have a very expensive operation to untie her tubes. But to lie no dear never ever. You have to realize each interview is about them. That peson may have been asked about sex for a specific reason.

You always want to answer honestly.

So may I ask who is the Petitioner? In Jordan do you both have to attend or something? Why do you say "answers have to match"? Most of the questioing is pulled right from the evidence you gave. If you submitted emails where you talked about tubes tied and all that and they asked are your tubes tied don;t you think it best she be honest. You don't want a lie to come and bite ya dear.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

Thank you for your reply

I didn't submit any e-mail nor chat, I only submitted papers from her family certifying that we are together. About the questions, I'm only reading other people interviews, and its showing that they meet them in pairs, I have no idea what is the nature of the interviews, how, where, or anything about them, other than reading other people posts.

And nope, she is in the states, and I'm in a different country. And from what I'm understanding from what you said, that unless she is with me in the same country, then they will not be interviewing her, right?

And about her bringing up the tied tube, its not only about that, she is even refuse to agree on the answers of any common questions I've read on-line. Although, she almost don't remember anything about the details of any of our entire story (Very romantic...:P), I'm just worried, and that's why I shared this question.

But please confirm if what I read is true or not....if she is in the states, and I'm in any other country, is the interview going to be for me alone, or for both of us?

Timeline

Thank you for your reply

I didn't submit any e-mail nor chat, I only submitted papers from her family certifying that we are together. About the questions, I'm only reading other people interviews, and its showing that they meet them in pairs, I have no idea what is the nature of the interviews, how, where, or anything about them, other than reading other people posts.

And nope, she is in the states, and I'm in a different country. And from what I'm understanding from what you said, that unless she is with me in the same country, then they will not be interviewing her, right?

And about her bringing up the tied tube, its not only about that, she is even refuse to agree on the answers of any common questions I've read on-line. Although, she almost don't remember anything about the details of any of our entire story (Very romantic...:P), I'm just worried, and that's why I shared this question.

But please confirm if what I read is true or not....if she is in the states, and I'm in any other country, is the interview going to be for me alone, or for both of us?

Goodness I ws thinking she was the Beneficiary being interviewed. I don't think your country requires spouses at interview or even in the embassy during interview. What does it matter her responses. You are the pne going for interview. You are going back to Jordan to interview or are you interviewing in the country you are in now.

But no they aren't interviewing her its u who is going for the visa dear.

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline

Thank you very much for clarifying this point to me, it was a huge burden, because I felt it will be the point where she will really ruin it for us...:(

Anyway, I'm currently in Malaysia, is she suppose to be here in Malaysia, or its the same as Jordan?, and where to find more instructions and informations about the nature of the interview itself, because I'm really scared to death about this interview thing.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Your statements of telling a story, not telling the telling the truth, answers not matching has me concerned. What types of questions are you refering to? I have never heard of a qurstion being asked about tubes being tied. Maybe some examples of the questions you two are having problems agreeing on would be helpful. And remember, the interview is with an american consulate person. And you need to interview wherever you applied at.

27 January 2012: Mailed I-129F

03 February 2012: NOA1( e-mail & Text)

03 February 2012: Check Cashed

NO RFE'S

22 June 2012 : NOA2 (e-mail & Text)

16 July 2012: Manila Case Number(by phone)

17 July 2012: Interview paid at BPI

19 July 2012: Set interview for Mid-Aug

23-24 July 2012: Medical St. Lukes(passed)

24 July 2012: CFO Seminar(had to go next morning for landline #)- PASSED

02 Aug 2012: Received e-mail from USEM our case is there.

15 Aug 2012: Interview at USEM - APPROVED

13 SEP 2012: POE Minneapolis, MN

27 OCT 2012: Married

19 NOV 2012: AOS package sent

05 DEC 2012: NOA's I-765, I-131, I-485

14 DEC 2012: Biometrics appointment finished(Walk-in..Was scheduled Jan 04 2013)

02 FEB 2013: I-131 and I-765 Approved

07 FEB 2013: USPS Picked up the combo-card

11 FEB 2013: Received Combo-card

21 FEB 2013: Transit Visa picked up in Chicago for Japan

Timeline

Your statements of telling a story, not telling the telling the truth, answers not matching has me concerned. What types of questions are you refering to? I have never heard of a qurstion being asked about tubes being tied. Maybe some examples of the questions you two are having problems agreeing on would be helpful. And remember, the interview is with an american consulate person. And you need to interview wherever you applied at.

Hi there

To be honest with you, I had to read your reply a couple of times to understand what you want.......My initial question was about one thing, we were initially looking on other people Q and A's, and I was so surprised that they are asking about everything, including the SEX you had with your spouse, how many times, where, how, when and so on...and two of the questions there were......

1- DID YOU USE PROTECTION (CONDOM)?

2- DID YOU USE BIRTH CONTROL?

So I said to my wife, please if they asked such a question, try to avoid mentioning your tubes being tied, and just say that you used to birth control, to avoid any unnecessary doubts about our marriage and relation, since that might infer from some prospective to the fact that we don't want to initiate a family (have kids), and that might affect our VISA, so please don't mention it.....

So as simple as this, she reject my suggestion, and she insist she will tell them that she tied her tubes even if they didn't ask. Since (according to her), thing s are different over there, and the immigration people won't care about that (LOL, they are asking you about your sex life, and you are telling me they don't care about the ability of having babies and initiate a family)

At the same time, she is refusing to even review any kind of other people interview's questions, and refuse to agree on the answers (TELLING THE TRUTH ONLY), since she is saying she won't remember them....and at the same time, she don't remember the real thing itself!!!!

I hope MY story didn't bother you again, I just explained again, hoping I will be clearer now about my point.....so my questions are:

1- IS her mentioning her tubes tied will affect our VISA thing?

2- Shouldn't we like all what other people saying in their stories saying, just agree on the common questions answers, since according to some posts, if they found a mismatch between both of the spouses answers, that might usually lead to a denial or delay for the VISA.

Thank you for reading my story again.

Timeline

Hi there

To be honest with you, I had to read your reply a couple of times to understand what you want.......My initial question was about one thing, we were initially looking on other people Q and A's, and I was so surprised that they are asking about everything, including the SEX you had with your spouse, how many times, where, how, when and so on...and two of the questions there were......

So I said to my wife, please if they asked such a question, try to avoid mentioning your tubes being tied, and just say that you used to birth control, to avoid any unnecessary doubts about our marriage and relation, since that might infer from some prospective to the fact that we don't want to initiate a family (have kids), and that might affect our VISA, so please don't mention it.....

So as simple as this, she reject my suggestion, and she insist she will tell them that she tied her tubes even if they didn't ask. Since (according to her), thing s are different over there, and the immigration people won't care about that (LOL, they are asking you about your sex life, and you are telling me they don't care about the ability of having babies and initiate a family)

At the same time, she is refusing to even review any kind of other people interview's questions, and refuse to agree on the answers (TELLING THE TRUTH ONLY), since she is saying she won't remember them....and at the same time, she don't remember the real thing itself!!!!

I hope MY story didn't bother you again, I just explained again, hoping I will be clearer now about my point.....so my questions are:

1- IS her mentioning her tubes tied will affect our VISA thing?

2- Shouldn't we like all what other people saying in their stories saying, just agree on the common questions answers, since according to some posts, if they found a mismatch between both of the spouses answers, that might usually lead to a denial or delay for the VISA.

I think you are confused . You are not both being interviewd. You and you alone dear. I don;t think your embassy even allows the Petitioner in the embassy area.

You are grilling her and you are the one who neds to answer. Or do I have this all wrong. Are you sure the questions that you reviewed (don't know where you got them) were from a Visa interview or a Adjustment of status or Removal of Conditions where it is here in the US and they may ask those questions since the couples are now together.

You really are stressin over something that isn't going to happen.

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline

Hi there

So I said to my wife, please if they asked such a question, try to avoid mentioning your tubes being tied, and just say that you used birth control pills, to avoid any unnecessary doubts about our marriage and relation, since that might be misunderstood by the immigration officers due to the fact that that might mean we don't want to initiate a family (have kids), and that might affect our VISA, so please don't mention it.....

So as simple as this, she reject my suggestion, and she insist she will tell them that she tied her tubes even if they didn't ask. Since (according to her), things are different over there, and the immigration people won't care about that (LOL, they are asking you about your sex life, and you are telling me they don't care about the ability of having babies and initiate a family)

1- Is her mentioning her tubes tied will affect our VISA thing?

2- Shouldn't we like all what other people saying in their stories, just agree on the common questions answers, since according to some posts, if they found a mismatch between both of the spouses answers, that might usually lead to a denial or delay for the VISA.

Edited by MoTiff

Timeline

WOW! Mo you need to be very careful! Will the fact that she can't have kids get your visa denied? NO! Lying? YES!!! Whatever you do, do not lie. Tell the truth if they ask that personal of a question "say birth control is not necessary for us" something along those lines.

As for the interview it is only for you to attend. Your wife can join you but they will be looking for you to answer all the questions correctly without her encouragement. If she is with you I have heard they have asked the spouse a question or two. You more than your wife need to make sure you know the answers to all potential questions to be successful at the interview.

Timeline

WOW! Mo you need to be very careful! Will the fact that she can't have kids get your visa denied? NO! Lying? YES!!! Whatever you do, do not lie. Tell the truth if they ask that personal of a question "say birth control is not necessary for us" something along those lines.

As for the interview it is only for you to attend. Your wife can join you but they will be looking for you to answer all the questions correctly without her encouragement. If she is with you I have heard they have asked the spouse a question or two. You more than your wife need to make sure you know the answers to all potential questions to be successful at the interview.

Thank you Moh & Tam, this is the answer I was looking for, I guess you understood me more than the rest of them since you have a husband from the same country, however, I'm a resident of Malaysia, so I don't know if this country have the same rules as Jordan, at the same time...they passed our time now, and we still don't know what to do, and I kept googling and looking for any hint in what to do about it, but I didn't manage to find any answer, other than waiting, so is there any advice about that?

Another thing, is there any place that anyone recommend where I can find a list of interview's questions? Since all of the questions I have been reading belong to couple interviews, and I'm really scared to death about the interview..:(

Thank you again :)

Edited by MoTiff

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

It's hard not to stress about the interview and you are right, not very romantic that your wife can't remember your story, but I would be more worried about the time passing. You may need to contact or have her contact an ombudsman - a person who helps you find out what it going on with your case. It really shouldn't matter to the US government if you can have children or not and I am a bit perturbed that they even ask questions of that personal an nature as did you use condoms... good grief that's a bit rude! :wow::huh:

I think their issue is just deciding if your relationship is real - not whether or not your remember every detail about it each other like that Green Card movie. Who can remember everything? With all the stresses of modern life I don't think too many people can and we don't all know every detail about our beloveds and what goes on in their minds either and could not unless we were mind readers.

Good luck and try not to be so nervous. I know it's difficult because right now I'm stressing about my fiance's interview coming up next week. B-)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Sometimes the embassy will call the spouse and have a telephone interview. It's rare but they do it sometimes. Never lie. Always tell the truth and if you don't know the answer don't try to guess.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hi Tamz, as you know I recently had my interview in Jordan. They did not ask questions about sex, but they did ask questions about wanting children. And as far as asking the spouse questions, I can tell you from experience, they ask the US spouse far more than a few questions. I attended the interview with my husband, he was asked about 5 general, easy questions, I as the US spouse was questioned for well over an hour, and it was many many questions, not just a few. For the OP the best that you and you spouse can do is answer all of the questions honestly. If you are both honest your answers will match. Do not lie. If you do not know the answer to any of the questions. just tell them you don't know.

Edited by mimolicious

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.