alebella

Help please! one quick question

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Argentina
Timeline

I am finally sending my I-864 packet today ( prority mail) so it can arrive soon. I don't know about the ds-230 form though. Does my husband receive that after the I-864 is approved or does he sent it already?

129.gif

"I believe that were there is great love,there always miracles"

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am finally sending my I-864 packet today ( prority mail) so it can arrive soon. I don't know about the ds-230 form though. Does my husband receive that after the I-864 is approved or does he sent it already?

No...he will not yet send the IV package until the IV bill is paid. Send the I-864 and DS-230 separate.

Timeline

no- you download the ds-230 after the 1-864.

Oh okay then thank you. I paid the IV bill already too. So I'll just wait until the i-864 is approved. thank you ever so much

No...he will not yet send the IV package until the IV bill is paid. Send the I-864 and DS-230 separate.

The IV bill is paid already so im confused now

129.gif

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Oh okay then thank you. I paid the IV bill already too. So I'll just wait until the i-864 is approved. thank you ever so much

The IV bill is paid already so im confused now

You are confused because you have been given incorrect information. Anytime after the IV fee bill is paid, the cover sheet can be downloaded and the DS230 and other civil documents can be sent. Do not send them in the same package as the affidavit of support.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

You are confused because you have been given incorrect information. Anytime after the IV fee bill is paid, the cover sheet can be downloaded and the DS230 and other civil documents can be sent. Do not send them in the same package as the affidavit of support.

Oh really? Great awesome I'm going to start preparing it right now. Since my spouse has to sign it, he has to send it correct?

129.gif

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

So where is the incorrect information....Mr Almighty???

Timeline

Oh really? Great awesome I'm going to start preparing it right now. Since my spouse has to sign it, he has to send it correct?

It doesn't matter who "mails" the documents. It matters who signs them.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

So where is the incorrect information....Mr Almighty???

no- you download the ds-230 after the 1-864.

It doesn't matter when you download the DS-230. Nothing wrong with having everything ready even before the petition is approved. Your answer was correct. Both answers together, is what confused the OP.

I should also clarify for the OP that NVC will not notify anybody the I-864 is approved. They WILL let you know if it is NOT satisfactory and tell you what they need.

Edited by pushbrk

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

It doesn't matter who "mails" the documents. It matters who signs them.

True but since he has to sign the forms, that means he has to send it sign I can't sign for him correct or do I leave it blank for him to sign at the interview

129.gif

Timeline

True but since he has to sign the forms, that means he has to send it sign I can't sign for him correct or do I leave it blank for him to sign at the interview

he has to sign it before it is sent in.

Petitioner LPR upgraded to USC June 22, 2012
August 22, 2012: case complete
October 18, 2012: Interview (APPROVED)
October 26, 2012: Picked up visa from DHL (delay caused by Sandy)
December 15, 2012: POE Atlanta....................became USC July 2016!!!!

Mothers' Journey (My sister is the petitioner)

September 10, 2013: Sent I-130 (UPS next day service)

September 12, 2013: Received text to confirm delivery

September 16, 2013: Received NOA 1

March 22, 2014: Received NOA 2

April 8, 2014: File Received by NVC

May 26, 2015: Interview (approved)..........now LPR (delays caused by 2 RFE)

Timeline

thank you I will have him sign it and send it from Argentina tomorrow.

"It" doesn't usually go in alone. The DS230 goes in with a package of civil documents. Again, it doesn't matter who does the "sending" as long as they use the applicable bar-coded cover sheet. Who has the original marriage and birth certificates, passport photos, police report and passport data page copy in their possession? They all go in with the DS230.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Just for any future senders reading this, I sent my DS forms before my wife even sent the I-864 forms. A month or two beforehand, actually (our I-864 co-sponsor was a lazy bones).

In fact, so much time had passed that not only did they send a "we have your DS form accepted" email, but also a "we got your DS form a while ago but you know you need to send a I-864 form too, right?" email. It was comical in a dark, bad kind of way.

Aug 20 2010 - NOA1 received.
Feb 08 2011 - NOA2 email received.
Apr 27 2011 - Interview attended at US Embassy, visa approved :D!
May 26 2011 - Arrived in the USA
Aug 02 2011 - Married!
Aug 24 2011 - Diagnosed with cancer
Aug 26 2011 - Applied for IR1/CR1 visa
Aug 31 2011 - NOA1!
Sep 03 2011 - Moved back to the UK
Feb 20 2012 - Wife flew back to the USA
Mar 03 2012 - NOA2!
Mar 23 2012 - NVC received file
Jul 15 2012 - NVC approved, sent to embassy

2012 - Approved, flew back to USA!

Sep 29 2014 - Applied for removal of conditions.

Apr 20 2015 - RFE1 on removal of conditions.

Timeline

Just for any future senders reading this, I sent my DS forms before my wife even sent the I-864 forms. A month or two beforehand, actually (our I-864 co-sponsor was a lazy bones).

In fact, so much time had passed that not only did they send a "we have your DS form accepted" email, but also a "we got your DS form a while ago but you know you need to send a I-864 form too, right?" email. It was comical in a dark, bad kind of way.

Right. The only thing that MUST happen prior to sending the DS230 and civil documents is to pay the IV fee and download the cover sheet once the payment is processed. The most time efficient way to get through NVC would have you sending the financial package first, but it is not required.

All this discussion of "who fills it out" and "who 'sends' it" are kind of silly. The most efficient way to handle NVC is for the chosen "Agent" to collect everything and do the sending. The key issues are to have the correct information and signatures where they need to be, not who gets the information on the form or mails it somewhere.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.