alebella

Help please! one quick question

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Argentina
Timeline

Right. The only thing that MUST happen prior to sending the DS230 and civil documents is to pay the IV fee and download the cover sheet once the payment is processed. The most time efficient way to get through NVC would have you sending the financial package first, but it is not required.

All this discussion of "who fills it out" and "who 'sends' it" are kind of silly. The most efficient way to handle NVC is for the chosen "Agent" to collect everything and do the sending. The key issues are to have the correct information and signatures where they need to be, not who gets the information on the form or mails it somewhere.

thanks, the IV has been paid already. But since he has his photos, and all the original documents, he will send it but he cant send copies of his birth certificate and marriage certificate?

129.gif

"I believe that were there is great love,there always miracles"

True but since he has to sign the forms, that means he has to send it sign I can't sign for him correct or do I leave it blank for him to sign at the interview

Important that the beneficiary signs ONLY part 1 and DOES NOT SIGN Part 2.

At this point the IV and AOS become 2 seperate processes. Im my case I sent the IV packet first which has been recieved and processed. My AOS packet is stll in route...Correo Argentino, probably the slowest on the planet :rofl:

Check out this NVC flow chart:

http://www.visajourney.com/examples/NVC_Process_Flowchart_v1-2.pdf

VAMOS ARGENTINA!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbs:

01-16-2008 Met in Argentina, started dating

07-03-2008 Moved in together

03-01-2011 Married;)

04-21-2011 Sent I-130

04-26-2011 Delivered 1:35p

04-28-2011 NOA1 E-mail, off to CSC

05-02-2011 NOA1 Hard copy, Priority date 4-28-2001

07-14-2011 NOA2 E-mail

I-130 Approved in 11 weeks!!!:)

***A break from paperwork, not quite ready to move to US, together in Buenos Aires and loving married life:))))

NVC JOURNEY

08-01-2011 Case recieved by NVC

04-19-2012 Paid IV and AOS fees online, PROCESSING

04-23-2012 AOS and IV status PAID

07-12-2012 Sent IV packet from Argentina FINALLY:))

07-18-2012 Sent my AOS packet to joint sponsor in US to attach her I-184

07-23-2012 IV Packet arrives at NVC!!!

07-31-2012 Called NVC and received e-mail, IV processed:))

08-07-2012 AOS overnighted via FED EX

08-08-2012 NVC receives AOS

08-14-2012 CASE CLOSED!!!!!!!!!

Patience, Acceptance, Surrender...

Here is another great guide to help you to better understand the process. This helped me alot!

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/EZGuideSpouse

thanks, the IV has been paid already. But since he has his photos, and all the original documents, he will send it but he cant send copies of his birth certificate and marriage certificate? Did you print the bar-coded cover sheet? Copies of Origial/Certified Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate and Police Record are only needed for the 1 photocopy set of all civil documents that goes with the IV packet.

IMPORTANT: Certificado de antecedentes penales has to be ordered "Con excepcion al codigo penal 51" or it WILL NOT be accepted. This is a tricky one and I have seen a few people get delayed for this.

SUERTE!!!

03-01-2011 Married;)

04-21-2011 Sent I-130

07-14-2011 NOA2 E-mail

***A break from paperwork, not quite ready to move to US, together in Buenos Aires and loving married life:))))

NVC JOURNEY

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Here is another great guide to help you to better understand the process. This helped me alot!

thanks, the IV has been paid already. But since he has his photos, and all the original documents, he will send it but he cant send copies of his birth certificate and marriage certificate? Did you print the bar-coded cover sheet? Copies of Origial/Certified Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate and Police Record are only needed for the 1 photocopy set of all civil documents that goes with the IV packet.

IMPORTANT: Certificado de antecedentes penales has to be ordered "Con excepcion al codigo penal 51" or it WILL NOT be accepted. This is a tricky one and I have seen a few people get delayed for this.

SUERTE!!!

All documents going to the NVC need to be originals, not copies. So the marriage and birth certificates need to be issued by the local entity having authority to do so, they have to be original copies if you will, not certifed copies made by a notary. Check for the templates on this site for the cover letters for both the I-864 and also for the DS-230, which have a list of the common documents required. I sent mine out basically the same day payment was accepted (sent them both on the same day actually in 2 different Express mail packages). Good luck!

USCIS

2012 Jan 23: NOA1

2012 May 31: NOA2 (129 days)

NVC

2012 Jun 25: NVC received file from USCIS

2012 Jun 28: NVC assigned case number

2012 Jun 28: DS-3032 e-mailed to NVC

2012 Jul 10: DS-3032 was accepted

2012 Jul 10: AOS fee is Invoiced

2012 Jul 10: AOS fee is Paid

2012 Jul 11: AOS fee status showed Paid in system

2012 Jul 12: AOS package sent to NVC

2012 Jul 20: AOS package accepted

2012 Jul 11: IV fee is Invoiced

2012 Jul 11: IV fee is Paid

2012 Jul 12: IV fee status showed Paid in system

2012 Jul 12: IV packet sent to NVC

2012 Jul 21: CASE COMPLETE at NVC (26 days)

CONSULATE

2012 Aug 03: Received packet 4 / date of interview by e-mail

2012 Sep 10: Medical Exam

2012 Sep 12: INTERVIEW Result: APPROVED!

2012 Sep 17: Received Passport

USA!!!

2012 Sep 23: POE Detroit

2012 Oct 02: SSN Received

2012 Oct 12: Greencard received

event.png

Right. The only thing that MUST happen prior to sending the DS230 and civil documents is to pay the IV fee and download the cover sheet once the payment is processed. The most time efficient way to get through NVC would have you sending the financial package first, but it is not required.

All this discussion of "who fills it out" and "who 'sends' it" are kind of silly. The most efficient way to handle NVC is for the chosen "Agent" to collect everything and do the sending. The key issues are to have the correct information and signatures where they need to be, not who gets the information on the form or mails it somewhere.

so sending package ds230 and aos are not possible? cox i will going to do that but wht ived read now in previous comments it should be separate.

an1cJTEJmf-0000MTAwNjA3c3wzNDI2NTA4MGxhfGZyb20gb3VyIHdlZGRpbmcgZGF5.gif

as1cHv_Hg3D0000MTA2NTQ4bHwwMDA2OTE5bHxzaW5jZSBpd2UgYmVjb21lIGJmIGFuZCBnZg.gif

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

thanks, the IV has been paid already. But since he has his photos, and all the original documents, he will send it but he cant send copies of his birth certificate and marriage certificate?

The Birth and Marriage Certificates must be the originals or Certified copies issued by a government agency.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

SUERTE!!!

Thanks for your help but what does "CON EXCEPCION AL CODIGO PENAL 51" mean? his police certificate says " CERTIFICADO DE ANTECEDENTES PENALES, aRT.8 INCISO F) lEY NRO,22.117..) is that the correct one??

129.gif

Timeline

The Birth and Marriage Certificates must be the originals or Certified copies issued by a government agency.

Thanks Everyone for the responses. My spouse has all the original documents and will be sending all the original documents. He printed out the Bar code sheet that has to be attached with the IV packet. Below is a list of all the information he is including in the packet. I have everything correct?

cover sheet

bar code IV sheet

DS-230 filled out signed except for form 4

2 passport photographs

passport photocopies

original birth certificate

original marriage certificate

original police certificate

and I guess I'll make him add photocopies of all the civil documents.

129.gif

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

and I guess I'll make him add photocopies of all the civil documents.

Looks good but best to carry those photocopies with you to the interview so you can trade them or the originals.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Thanks for your help but what does "CON EXCEPCION AL CODIGO PENAL 51" mean? his police certificate says " CERTIFICADO DE ANTECEDENTES PENALES, aRT.8 INCISO F) lEY NRO,22.117..) is that the correct one??

Correct BUT IT ALSO NEEDS TO BE "CON EXCEPTION AL CODIGO PENAL 51", which is clearly specified on the DOS website under country specific requirements. I have no idea what it means, dont really care, all I know it is required otherwise your Certificado de Antecedentes Penales WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. When my husband went to the Registro de Antecedentes Penales, they knew exactly what we were asking for. As I mentioned I have seen many argentinos delayed for this specific requirement.

This certificate also needs to be legalized by the Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores. Trust me on this one!!

03-01-2011 Married;)

04-21-2011 Sent I-130

07-14-2011 NOA2 E-mail

NVC JOURNEY

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.