M J

I-129F Denied :(

138 posts in this topic

Wait for the letter. Then you will know one way or the other what you are up against.

In the meantime, read that guide, and start getting your information together.

Edited by cdneh

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I hope this could help:

1. I-129f Cover letter

2. Payment

3. I-129F

4. I-129F Supplement: Part B, Question 18, explanation of meeting in person

5. G-325A and passport style photo (Petitioner & Beneficiary)

6. Birth certificate (Petitioner)

7. Letter certifying intent to marry (Petitioner & Beneficiary)

8. Proof of having met in person in the past two years

- Photocopy of with passport stamps

- Boarding passes

- Hotel and restaurant receipts

- Tickets (movies, parks, etc.)

- 5 pictures together, 1 picture with family

9. Proof of ongoing relationship

- 5 copies of e-mails

- 5 copies of letters

- 5 copies of cards

- 5 skype screen shots

You can add more evidence but 5-10 pieces/copies of each are enough.

01-26-12 - Sent the I-129f to TX

02-02-12 - NOA1

06-19-12 - NOA2

08-13-12 - Approved!

11-02-12 - Filed for AOS

11-07-12 - NOA1

12-03-12 - Biometrics

2013.pngMake a pregnancy ticker

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I hope this could help:

1. I-129f Cover letter

2. Payment

3. I-129F

- Boarding passes

- 5 copies of e-mails

- 5 copies of letters

- 5 copies of cards

- 5 skype screen shots

Thank you, I can provide all that. The G-325A and passport style photos will be the only hassle. Otherwise I have more than the number for each thing you mention.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I hope this could help:

1. I-129f Cover letter

2. Payment

3. I-129F

- Boarding passes

- 5 copies of e-mails

- 5 copies of letters

- 5 copies of cards

- 5 skype screen shots

:thumbs: :thumbs:

I'm sorry, I thought your fiance gone already in the interview in the embassy. SO it means your application is denied in the USCIS.. I think this post would help you for the application... I have a friend who was denied in k1 because her fiance only submit the I-129f form and fee, and after like 5 months instead of having there noa2 they received denial because lack of supporting documents and proofs of on going relationship. They applied another k1 process, submitted all the requirements (and this site was a great help for them too). She was approved during her interview in US Embassy Manila and now she is with her fiance (now husband) in the US.

Hope your process will be smooth in time. GOD speed!!

Picture4.jpg

Picture5.jpg

----------------------------------------

K-1 Journey (I-129F)

09/10/2010 ----- Filing date of I-129 F

09/22/2010 ----- NOA 1

02/22/2011 ----- Case being adjudicated

02/28/2011 ----- RFE, Waiver to file 2nd K-1 petition

03/04/2011 ----- RFE reply sent

03/08/2011 ----- RFE received and being reviewed at USCIS

03/17/2011 ----- NOA2 (I-129F approved)

03/23/2011 ----- NOA2 hard copy received

03/29/2011 ----- NVC received our Case

04/04/2011 ----- NVC letter received and case forwarded to US embassy Manila

04/08/2011 ----- US Embassy Manila received our case (Consulate)

04/15/2011 ----- Paid VISA at BPI

04/16/2011 ----- Received Eligibility Letter from US Embassy Manila dated April 8, 2011

04/25/2011 ----- 1st day of Medical

04/26/2011 ----- 2nd day of Medical (I PASSED!! Thank you Lord!!)

05/13/2011 ----- Interview (221g - Case under Administrative Processing "AP")

08/12/2011 ----- Received an email from the embassy "Case is pending review by a consular officer"

----------------------------------------

My blog: All about my writings and essays

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

You do not need that much evidence Nealxette. A lot of people have sent 1 picture or no emails and cards. While what you have is a good guide and general overkill/ frontloading, you do not need all these things!

Read the guides MJ. Be prepared to start again. Ask any questions you have here before you post anything new off.

Our K-1 petition was approved before we changed our course of action so feel free to ask me any questions.

We became a couple : 2011-05-29
I visited him : 2011-10-28 - 2011-11-17
He visited me (and my crazy family) : 2012-02-05 - 2012-02-17
I-129F Sent : 2012-02-05
I-129F NOA1 : 2012-02-14
I entered on VWP to stay 3 months: 2012-04-11 - 2012-07-03
---
Went to get my medical done for interview in Australia (much cheaper in the US and I was already here):2012-05-20
Medical issue diagnosed
K-1 petition cancellation request sent to CSC : 2012-06-01
Married: 2012-06-21
Filed for AOS : 2012-08-08
NOA1 : 2012-08-10
Biometrics : 2012-09-14
EAD approved : 2012-10-16
Applied for SSN : 2012-11-01
Received SSN : 2012-11-13
Received interview notice :2012-12-27
Interview- APPROVED :2013-01-28
Green card received :2013-02-04
Baby girl born :2013-03-09

Filed for ROC :2014-12-05
NOA :2014-12-11
Biometrics : 2015-01-15

ROC Approval : 2015-05-14

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

They sometimes reject it right away when receiving a petition that lacks obvious things, other times they send out and RFE. HOwever, when crucial documents and forms are needed, they are in their right to put is as denied, otherwise the RFE will basically be asking for a whole new petition.

IMO, you might as well send a new petition since an appeal won't do you any good when you did not submit the evidence needed. I'm sorry about the 5 months and the money that have gone by. You don't need a waiver of any kind to submit a new petition.

USCIS are trying to determine if your eligible to petition your fiancee. Assume they know everything about you but that they wnt YOU to come forward with the information and submit it. They just double-check it. That also means if you do not volounteer information about yourself(criminal history) or you click no when the answer is yes, you're either flat out denied or RFE'd.

Summing it up; read the instructions here, and then read them again tomorrow; http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-129finstr.pdf

It's alot to read however it'll save you approx 5 months of waiting around for a denial if you're eligible, and if you submit what's required.

Keep hanging around VJ, loads of useful information, both for now and later on during embassy stage and after your fiancee arrives in the states.

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

Please go to the link above to see what should have been included in your application. If you only sent the i-129f form and the fee and none of the other documentation, that seems to me like you got denied for not enough info. I am not sure if that means you can reapply with all the info, and I guess you will have to wait for the letter to get the official reason.

I am sorry. :( I hope it's nothing more serious that that.

Edited by habibi11

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

event.png

as1cJOU-M240000MDAwMDA4fDAwMDEzOThsfGJlY2FtZSBhIGNvdXBsZQ.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Worst part is that I do not know why yet. It's been almost 5 months and I received an email yesterday just telling it has been denied and I should receive a letter explaining why. So needless to say I'm freaking out. At first I had no clue why, but after looking through this site, I think I might know. I pretty much only filled out the I-129F form and mailed that in with the fee, nothing else. I figued once the backgroud checks were done they would ask for more info for the interviews. I called USCIS 3 different times and talked to 3 different people asking them what I needed to do, and they all said the only thing I need to do is fill out the I-129F form and mail it in. They also mentioned the requiremens to be eligable, but that was it. I talked to a couple lawyers also, but they wanted a few thousand dollars to handle it. I did not get the letter yet, but should in the next couple days. I don't know why I did not find this site before when searching online. It came up now in my google searces on what to do about a visa denial.

So what are my options? Should I get a lawyer?

My background... My Fiance is from the Philippines, and I have known her for 5 years now. I have been supporting her for the past 4, I helped her go back and finish highschool, and she is now in her 3rd year of college. Originally we were going to wait for her to finish college, but I figured it would be better for her to finish here (USA) and get used to the culture, language, and build a network through school. I have a lot of (daily) chat logs from Yahoo, Skype, and emails. I also have a lot of Western Union receipts and Xoom online history of me sending her money. I have visited her and met her family 2 times now and gave her an engagement ring. We are both eligieble to marry and have no criminal background. Also neither one of us have been married before, or have any kids.

I thought I might be asked for clarification or more info, but I did not expect to be denied. Would not providing enough info or documentation result in a denial? I guess worst case is that there is something in her background check that came up, but knowing her as long as I have, I would be very surprised. I feel foolish now if it is just because I did not provide enough info. I waited a few months before mailing the form while trying to make sure it was all I needed.

Thanks for any advise.

Sorry I did not introduce myself. My name is Mike... hello everyone.

i would wait to see if its a RFE first my attorney said they will not deny at first they will ask for more evidence first..

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

event.png

as1cJOU-M240000MDAwMDA4fDAwMDEzOThsfGJlY2FtZSBhIGNvdXBsZQ.gif

i would wait to see if its a RFE first my attorney said they will not deny at first they will ask for more evidence first..

He already stated the email stated it was a denial.

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Timeline

But it does say very clearly that you need to submit other things! There are 7 pages of instructions outlining what you need in convenient questions such as what should I include?

There are a lot of forms to fill out in the whole immigration process. I am just trying to stress to you that you aren't going to get anywhere if you don't sit down and just reading it first.

Yes I read all that a few times. It says "clearly"? OK, maybe your definition of clear and mine are different. Other than the G-325A form, it talks about children and criminal background, but it does not say I need to send pictures of us together, or copies of emails, passports, or chat logs, or anything like that. The G-325A form was why I called USCIS 3 times, and they said I only needed the I-129F form. I know there is a lot to the whole process, and I figured the I-129F form was just the beginning. That form gives enough info to do an initial background check, and I would need to provide more after that.

Timeline

Hi Mike,

Well, to answer one question ..

Would not providing enough information or documentation result in a denial ? Yes

Exactly the same thing happened to us. Also before we discovered this site we left out our documentation - not intentionally. We sent the rest of our documents off with a copy of the NOA1 (initial receipt) when we received it about a week later - but they didn't match up with the I-129F we had already sent. After 5 months we were denied. We tried to sort it out, but after every effort it came back to the same thing. We had to start again.

I know how you're feeling right now - Looking back, I wish we had just taken a deep breath and followed the Guides on this site and filed a completely new petition as if the first one didn't happen. Ultimately, that was the only answer for us, but we had long delays in between trying to patch things up. Lack of documents is enough of a reason and thats all it took for our denial, so hopefully it will take some of the stress out of the situation for you.

(F)

:thumbs: This experience can give you hope.

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

5A states that you need to provide evidence that you have met in the past two years.

Just refile no harm no foul. Only some time lost.

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Timeline

:thumbs: This experience can give you hope.

Yes it does. It seems my best bet right now is to just gather everything up and submit a completely new petition. I will first wait to get the letter and see what the stated reason is for the denial.

Thanks again everyone, I so wish I found this forum a year ago.

Timeline

You do not need that much evidence Nealxette. A lot of people have sent 1 picture or no emails and cards. While what you have is a good guide and general overkill/ frontloading, you do not need all these things!

Read the guides MJ. Be prepared to start again. Ask any questions you have here before you post anything new off.

Our K-1 petition was approved before we changed our course of action so feel free to ask me any questions.

Those are the exact numbers of evidence that we sent and we were approved. I was just trying to help.

01-26-12 - Sent the I-129f to TX

02-02-12 - NOA1

06-19-12 - NOA2

08-13-12 - Approved!

11-02-12 - Filed for AOS

11-07-12 - NOA1

12-03-12 - Biometrics

2013.pngMake a pregnancy ticker

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.