heartandsoul

Older spouse- denied without US spouse interviews

80 posts in this topic

EAbbas plz also add me in your tracker i will be thankful.and yes we also need your and everyone prayers.its Really hard time for atleast me 6 days and i am still crying badly.I feel like i torn into millions of pieces.Hard for me to be strong no response from attorney as she said she will give appt as soon as she have time.

ebbas add me in your tracker too/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I added both of you...safiwaj and sarahzeeshan you can join us here...

I may need a little more info but come here and view... http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/343005-new-islamabad-ap-tracker/page__st__1035__gopid__5503499#entry5503499

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Timeline

I called Us embassy since the day i got refusal but only i hear tape from12.30 to 3.30 and i send email on pakivinfo@state.gov but no response.I am losing all my strength and hopes after reading some other website experience that even senator show uninterested by them self and my lawyer says wait for USCIS response i know nothing will going to hapen i dont think i will get another interview.I am so forgetful now that even i forget to drink a glass of water for full day yesterday i realize that i feel pain in my back due to lack of water actually i dont want any treatment or any care now things are now on worse side.i feel i will give all my hope soon.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I called Us embassy since the day i got refusal but only i hear tape from12.30 to 3.30 and i send email on pakivinfo@state.gov but no response.I am losing all my strength and hopes after reading some other website experience that even senator show uninterested by them self and my lawyer says wait for USCIS response i know nothing will going to hapen i dont think i will get another interview.I am so forgetful now that even i forget to drink a glass of water for full day yesterday i realize that i feel pain in my back due to lack of water actually i dont want any treatment or any care now things are now on worse side.i feel i will give all my hope soon.

Safiway,

you may need to allow yourself to grieve, but the fight is not over. Continue to email the embassy, call, and continue to contact your state representatives. However, this is not over. Once your petition is back at USCIS, and they decide to reaffirm and/or send you a NOIR, you will have another chance to fight. I suggest you start getting your evidence together. Also you and your spouse should begin drafting your rebuttal letters as well. I know several people in the MENA forum have gone through this experience, and have triumphed. Although this is a setback, and it means more time apart. In the end you can be successful.

Timeline

Thanks for helping me in boosting my energy lot of people said that it will take very long time may be years so when i hear this i lost all my words and hopes if this much is time long how can i keep hope.Well i change name from safiwaj to Aisha&Wajid

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

The (a)(5)(a) you were refused on is as I said before for lack of evidence of bona fide relationship (unless you have a simultaneous work related application going). Your husband needs to visit you as soon as possible which trumps all chats/emails and phone calls as genuine evidence.

He has not visited in over a year and that is a problem as they see it.

There is no need to be all depressed now but you need to shift your focus to action to fight that USCIS will reaffirm your case.

This happens very frequently on other consulates such as in MENA and Lagos. Most of the time CR1's will be reaffirmed. Just have your husband visit and even better have him there if you have a second interview. This is not the time to save on travel expenses.

You better start drinking fluids unless you want to be hospitalized on IV's and with a kidney infection.

Get it together and fight this thing, you have a good chance. This won't take years, 3-6 months is my guess if no AP.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Timeline

My husband send mail to senator they made an inquiry after they send a mail in which the embassy people say that the petition was send to USICS for revocation so she cant do it any thing .Lost yet another hope.

Timeline

My husband send mail to senator they made an inquiry after they send a mail in which the embassy people say that the petition was send to USICS for revocation so she cant do it any thing .Lost yet another hope.

The last two ppl I know of from pakistan that had their petitions returned to USCIS..(quite quickly too might I add from the time the embassy decided to return them so no hope of keeping them at the embassy) also had USCIS look it over and reaffirm both of them almost within record time.. both within two weeks to a month of getting them... in fact one of the couples had to respond to the NOIR within two weeks of it getting to USCIS and then within two more days it was reaffirmed and sent back to the embassy and the other couple didn't even get a NOIR it was just reaffirmed right away.

Start gathering all of your documents to show you have a bonafide relationship so that you can respond quicker when it reaches USCIS

Hope is not all lost!!! Stay strong and keep your faith... just be prepared and best of luck to you!!!!

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

What about the atty general in the state ,on USCIS the atty gen is mentioned a lot but is just Holder? are'nt they the ones that can also approve waivers

Immigration is solely a federal matter. Individual states have no power over immigration.

Any mention of the AG involving immigration refers solely to the federal AG, Eric Holder. State AGs have no immigration powers and cannot approve waivers.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Waiting for the USCIS to have our petition returned to them. Does anyone know how long this usually takes? And then how long before we might be able to get a second interview? We are still hopeful because we are legitimate and honest. I hope that love does concur all. (L)

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Looking dispassionately at the stated facts of this case, I do not see how it could ever have been approved.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.