emeschke

Stuck between USCIS and NVC

40 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm on day 23 from VSC and I still do not have case number of NVC.

You are on Day 17, I believe. It's business days, so 5 days per week. I'm on Day 15 today with a date of 06/06/12 on my NOA2.

K-1 Petition
Jan 11, 2012 - I-129F Sent (USPS Priority)
September 10,2012 - Interview - APPROVED!

November 10, 2012 - OUR WEDDING DAY

AoS/EAD/AP
Jan 22, 2013 - I-485, I-765 & I-131 Sent (USPS Priority)
April 9, 2013 - AoS Interview - Seattle - APPROVED!

ROC

Mar 04, 2015 - I-751 Sent (USPS Priority)

Apr 04,2015 - Biometrics Appointment

July 20, 2015 - RFE!

Sept 15, 2015 - Response to RFE Sent

Sept 29, 2015 - APPROVED!

Follow my Journey About Me or Timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

You are on Day 17, I believe. It's business days, so 5 days per week. I'm on Day 15 today with a date of 06/06/12 on my NOA2.

Well my point was VSC petitions are not getting their NVC case#s well before 15 business days.

K1

12/08/11: NOA1

04/16/12: RFE Text/Email

04/18/12: RFE Hard Copy (forgot to answer yes/no to criminal background)

04/18/12: RFE Reply Sent

04/23/12: RFE Response Review

06/04/12: NOA2

06/29/12: NVC Received

07/03/12: NVC Left

07/09/12: Consulate Received

07/12/12: Packet 3 Received

07/30/12: Interview - Approved

08/11/12: POE - Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I called yesterday, and the NVC operator INSISTED I was not past 15 business days, even when I read my NOA2 date of June 1st to her. This process may be slow, but I know I'm not going BACKWARDS IN TIME! :angry:

K-1 Timeline:

12-09-2011 --- I-129F Sent

12-15-2011 --- NOA1 ------------------------------ 6 days

06-01-2012 --- NOA2 --------------------------- 169 days

06-29-2012 --- NVC Received ----------------- 28 days

07-06-2012 --- NVC Left --------------------------- 7 days

07-09-2012 --- Consulate Received ----------- 3 days

07-11-2012 --- Packet 3 Received ------------- 2 days

07-23-2012 --- Packet 3 Sent ------------------ 12 days

07-31-2012 --- Packet 4 Received ------------- 8 days

08-07-2012 --- Interview Date ------------------- 7 days from P4 - Approved!

08-09-2012 --- Visa in Hand -------------------- 2 days

08-29-2012 --- POE (LAX)

** Total Time From NOA1 to Visa In Hand: 7 Months, 3 Weeks, 4 Days - (236 days)

* For more detailed info, check the "About Me" section of my profile.

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hello

We are having a terrible time with the transition from USCIS to NVC. We received the NOA2 on May 24th, which was quick (we submitted it in early March) but the NVC still has no record of receiving the application after 25 business days.

We have called the service line and emailed research after 15 business days but have yet to get a response.

Is anyone else having the same problem with the gap between NOA2 and NVC receiving the application, particularly lately (as if they are very busy lately?) Has this been a common problem in the past?

Thanks for your help

Eric and Shoko

I have the same problem, get my NOA2 in May 02, take 32 days to NVC to send my process to the embassy.

Is coming, just wait a little more.

Good luck. :thumbs:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

So you all are stuck in slow and slower for now, lets hope for the best.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Hello

We are having a terrible time with the transition from USCIS to NVC. We received the NOA2 on May 24th, which was quick (we submitted it in early March) but the NVC still has no record of receiving the application after 25 business days.

We have called the service line and emailed research after 15 business days but have yet to get a response.

Is anyone else having the same problem with the gap between NOA2 and NVC receiving the application, particularly lately (as if they are very busy lately?) Has this been a common problem in the past?

Thanks for your help

Eric and Shoko

Yes, exact same problem, only I finally received an email from NVCresearch stating that they did not have our petition but would be contacting USCIS on our behalf. I emailed them on June 18 and received that response on 6/25. Our's is the I-130 approval.

“ Oh, the comfort - the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person - having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words, but pouring them all right out, just as they are, chaff and grain together; certain that a faithful hand will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping, and then with the breath of kindness blow the rest away.

~ Dinah Craik, A Life for a Life, 1859

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I don't buy that NVC is having backlog. If NVC where the ones at fault here. Then VSC would also being held up. But they aren't. People are receiving their NVC case numbers with NOA2 well under the 15th business day mark. This is completely a CSC failure.

I agree with you. I also research the statistics on VJ, and found K1 visa petitions in CSC totally messed up.

Well, at least all of you have recieved the NOA2. VSC has my case and my 5 month has passed and nothing. I already called and they told me to wait 2 more weeks and to be patient HA'(sarcasm) I notice that they are working more slowly this year, what a luck :/

Edited by Roke

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I know that this is not a fun time however that time frame is not very long at all compared to when my husband and I went through this. We filed in May of 2009 and didn't get an approval until September of 2009 and waited until November for the interview. It has been 3 months and you are half way there. Just be patient. I know that is easier said than done but it will all work out...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I know that this is not a fun time however that time frame is not very long at all compared to when my husband and I went through this. We filed in May of 2009 and didn't get an approval until September of 2009 and waited until November for the interview. It has been 3 months and you are half way there. Just be patient. I know that is easier said than done but it will all work out...

3 months? We submitted in January! Lol

K-1 Petition
Jan 11, 2012 - I-129F Sent (USPS Priority)
September 10,2012 - Interview - APPROVED!

November 10, 2012 - OUR WEDDING DAY

AoS/EAD/AP
Jan 22, 2013 - I-485, I-765 & I-131 Sent (USPS Priority)
April 9, 2013 - AoS Interview - Seattle - APPROVED!

ROC

Mar 04, 2015 - I-751 Sent (USPS Priority)

Apr 04,2015 - Biometrics Appointment

July 20, 2015 - RFE!

Sept 15, 2015 - Response to RFE Sent

Sept 29, 2015 - APPROVED!

Follow my Journey About Me or Timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes, many of us are in this same CSC boat. I did request help from my congresswoman, and only got this back (some identifiers removed):

Mr. XXXXXXXX : here is the response received from the California Service Center:

USCIS records indicate the I129F case WACXXXXXXXXXXXX was Approved on June 5, 2012. The I129F petition and all supporting documents will be forwarded to NVC shortly. The file has not left our facility yet. Please allow 3-6 weeks for the case to arrive at the NVC. We apologize for the delays and any inconvenience caused. Please be advised the CSC is taking every action necessary to get these cases to NVC and are aware of the difficulties caused by any delay in processing.

Unfortunately, the processing time is a matter internal to the CSC. I checked with several sources, including the CSC liaison and the XXXXXX USCIS, they are aware of the problem and the hardship being caused. However, due to the volume of applications there is no way to shorten the processing time. Also, because of the procedures followed to transfer files to NVC, single files cannot be pulled out and transferred individually. Transfers are done by batch.

I realize that this is incredibly frustrating to you, I apologize that we cannot circumvent the procedures.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello

Thanks for your help

Eric and Shoko

Hi Eric and Shoko,

I just got my MNL number yesterday (May 14 was when I got my NOA2). After many calls and a couple of emails with my scanned NOA2, I got this email 5 days ago:

"

Dear Sir/Madam:

Please be advised that the National Visa Center (NVC) contacted U.S.

Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) to locate your approved

petition. USCIS has informed the NVC, that your petition will be en

route to the NVC, and it can take approximately 45 days from the date of

approval for a petition to be forwarded to the National Visa Center for

processing. Once we (NVC) have received your petition, the appropriate

agent will receive further instructions.

"

Yesterday was the 44th day, but I called (my fiancee told me to call since I was just going to wait it out until the 45th day came) and sure enough, I was told my application is there and will be sent to the Manila Embassy soon. I asked for my MNL number, and it was given to me.

I did get angry a couple of weeks ago, and got hold of an officer who put my case in her database for research.

So it does seem that USCIS->NVC is way backed up and it can take up to 45 days (of course some people still got theirs within 14 days, but it seems like the majority are in this same boat of having a longer than normal wait time).

Hello

Thanks for your help

Eric and Shoko

We had this problem too, the NVC requested I email them a copy of my NOA2 but because I was busy i never got around to it, then one day I called in to see if it was still necissary and what do you know, they recieved it that very day. I say keep calling, but dont worry yourself...ours took like 24 days or so and they said that there was a backlog, a boat load of them arrived at once. I assume that backs up all of them behind them too. Incidently I think ours was in that first wave, because a couple a week ahead in the process had theirs go through in 10 days. Good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Oh sh*t ... How they have sent 2 months ago approved petitions for week -2, and now tell us that this was the normal time to wait a month or two just because they have not done their job ... I'm so sick of their whole pointless process ... Oh God I only wanna be with my fiance and to have a family .... OUR NOA2 JUNE 5 2012. Good Luck to everyone!

I'm on day 23 from VSC and I still do not have case number of NVC.

We have the same NOA2 day approval June 4th and my case is still to reach NVC smh. Please let me know when yours gets there, and i will let you know when mine gets there. Whoever finds out first.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.