emeschke

Stuck between USCIS and NVC

40 posts in this topic

I'm on day 23 from VSC and I still do not have case number of NVC.

We have the same NOA2 approval notice (6-04-12) please let me know when the NVC gets your packet and if i find out first i will let you know!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

We have the same NOA2 approval notice (6-04-12) please let me know when the NVC gets your packet and if i find out first i will let you know!

Day 24 and NVC still hasn't received my petition (I'm vsc BTW)...

I called USCIS today and I think they transferred me to a higher up (from the first rep) because she

did an "expedite" for me. She said if VSC hasn't sent the petition to NVC yet, they send it right away.

I also called NVC prior to USCIS and they said oh CSC is delayed but VSC shouldn't be.

This is ridiculous to say the least...

K1

12/08/11: NOA1

04/16/12: RFE Text/Email

04/18/12: RFE Hard Copy (forgot to answer yes/no to criminal background)

04/18/12: RFE Reply Sent

04/23/12: RFE Response Review

06/04/12: NOA2

06/29/12: NVC Received

07/03/12: NVC Left

07/09/12: Consulate Received

07/12/12: Packet 3 Received

07/30/12: Interview - Approved

08/11/12: POE - Approved

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hello, everyone. I got my I-130 approved on May 7 and I was waiting such a long time to NVC receive my petition. I scanned my NOA2 and email it to NVC on May 30 and got response on Jun 11 that my approved petition is en route to NVC. I called NVC last night and they had just RECEIVE my approved I-130!! I know waiting is so frustrating and sucks but they are processing our petition for sure!! So let's have a hope and I really hope everyone who are waiting a word from NVC receive good news soon!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

After 25 days NVC finally got it. Got my case# now.

It seems that calling/emailing USCIS/NVC does get some action done.

It was the same way with my RFE. Waited over a month, did a service request

to VSC, a week later got my NOA2.

Called USCIS and NVC yesterday, talked with tier 2 on the phone at USCIS.

She did an "expedite" for me, got my case# today.

This may be coincidence since I waited long in both cases but it sure

seems like calling them does make a difference.

K1

12/08/11: NOA1

04/16/12: RFE Text/Email

04/18/12: RFE Hard Copy (forgot to answer yes/no to criminal background)

04/18/12: RFE Reply Sent

04/23/12: RFE Response Review

06/04/12: NOA2

06/29/12: NVC Received

07/03/12: NVC Left

07/09/12: Consulate Received

07/12/12: Packet 3 Received

07/30/12: Interview - Approved

08/11/12: POE - Approved

NVC got it! They were typing it in as my husband was talking to them! We have a case number! Praise the Lord!

Edited by Takenn

“ Oh, the comfort - the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person - having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words, but pouring them all right out, just as they are, chaff and grain together; certain that a faithful hand will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping, and then with the breath of kindness blow the rest away.

~ Dinah Craik, A Life for a Life, 1859

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Add me to your list. My NOA2 date was 04/30 and as of today, NVC has not received my petition yet. They said with the huge mixup of the petitions going to NRC (National Records Center) instead of NVC, that is the huge delay. NRC is for inactive files and USCIS has to re-requested the files back, review them, then send to NVC. BUT if you don't bug USCIS for status updates and find out that it is in fact at NRC, it will lay dorment there forever. So bug NVCResearch to pursue the tracking of your petition. I am at 2 months and still nothing. Very frustrating!

After 25 days NVC finally got it. Got my case# now.

It seems that calling/emailing USCIS/NVC does get some action done.

It was the same way with my RFE. Waited over a month, did a service request

to VSC, a week later got my NOA2.

Called USCIS and NVC yesterday, talked with tier 2 on the phone at USCIS.

She did an "expedite" for me, got my case# today.

This may be coincidence since I waited long in both cases but it sure

seems like calling them does make a difference.

You were lucky to get a case number.. They said they received my case last week but they still would not give me my case and IIN number. It is so frustrating no matter how much a call , they tell me to wait 10 to 20 business day. Can you believe thta?

Add me to your list. My NOA2 date was 04/30 and as of today, NVC has not received my petition yet. They said with the huge mixup of the petitions going to NRC (National Records Center) instead of NVC, that is the huge delay. NRC is for inactive files and USCIS has to re-requested the files back, review them, then send to NVC. BUT if you don't bug USCIS for status updates and find out that it is in fact at NRC, it will lay dorment there forever. So bug NVCResearch to pursue the tracking of your petition. I am at 2 months and still nothing. Very frustrating!

I would be so upset if i were you. Try calling everyday and ask for supervision, to see if they can help. Call, call, call until someone actully does something about it. If you just keep your arms folded they will alongated more. Thats a little too much to have to wait 2 months.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Just got off the phone with NVC this morning, our package was received yesterday and our case number has been assigned. Hoping a smooth ride from here! Best of Luck to those still waiting.

K-1 Petition
Jan 11, 2012 - I-129F Sent (USPS Priority)
September 10,2012 - Interview - APPROVED!

November 10, 2012 - OUR WEDDING DAY

AoS/EAD/AP
Jan 22, 2013 - I-485, I-765 & I-131 Sent (USPS Priority)
April 9, 2013 - AoS Interview - Seattle - APPROVED!

ROC

Mar 04, 2015 - I-751 Sent (USPS Priority)

Apr 04,2015 - Biometrics Appointment

July 20, 2015 - RFE!

Sept 15, 2015 - Response to RFE Sent

Sept 29, 2015 - APPROVED!

Follow my Journey About Me or Timeline

Filed: IR-2 Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline

My date was May 30. nVC finally received on June 25th. I got my new case number and invoice number on the 28th of June but nothing since then. I sent them the DS3032 already from my husbands email (my step daughter's father of course!) hope you all get your numbers soon!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.