emeschke

Stuck between USCIS and NVC

40 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hello

We are having a terrible time with the transition from USCIS to NVC. We received the NOA2 on May 24th, which was quick (we submitted it in early March) but the NVC still has no record of receiving the application after 25 business days.

We have called the service line and emailed research after 15 business days but have yet to get a response.

Is anyone else having the same problem with the gap between NOA2 and NVC receiving the application, particularly lately (as if they are very busy lately?) Has this been a common problem in the past?

Thanks for your help

Eric and Shoko

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

We are also having the same problem, we recieved our NOA2 on May 9, 2012. I have called NVC and USCIS multiple times and have emailed NVCresearch multiple times as well. I was told be the research center that USCIS says that they still have not mailed my petition and that it is still under clerical procedures and when the review is complete they will send it to NVC. I called USCIS about this and they said sometimes it takes up to 90 days for the process of transfer between USCIS and NVC. This is really frustrating is anybody else still waiting, maybe with an NOA2 from aroud May 9th or even earlier, or is it just us. Thanks!

Filed: IR-2 Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline

Just to give you all a little hope. Yesterday I would have been in the same boat as you, approval on May 30 and everyday they told me that they had not recieved it. Last week I sent an email with a scanned copy of my approval to NVCresearch@state.gov. Today's call went a little better, they have it but then they told me it will take then 10-15 business days to get it into the system. Its so frustrating that it's taking so long. Hope your good news comes soon! Best we can be is patient.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Just to give you all a little hope. Yesterday I would have been in the same boat as you, approval on May 30 and everyday they told me that they had not recieved it. Last week I sent an email with a scanned copy of my approval to NVCresearch@state.gov. Today's call went a little better, they have it but then they told me it will take then 10-15 business days to get it into the system. Its so frustrating that it's taking so long. Hope your good news comes soon! Best we can be is patient.

I did the same yesterday. Sent in scanned copy of my NOA2 to NVCresearch@state.gov.

They gave me this option once it got past 15 business days (approved on 6/4/12).

K1

12/08/11: NOA1

04/16/12: RFE Text/Email

04/18/12: RFE Hard Copy (forgot to answer yes/no to criminal background)

04/18/12: RFE Reply Sent

04/23/12: RFE Response Review

06/04/12: NOA2

06/29/12: NVC Received

07/03/12: NVC Left

07/09/12: Consulate Received

07/12/12: Packet 3 Received

07/30/12: Interview - Approved

08/11/12: POE - Approved

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I have same problem as you. My I-130 approved on May 7 and I scanned my NOA2 and email it to NVC on May 30. And I got email back from NVC on Jun 11 saying that my petition is en route to NVC so I called NVC yesterday but they still hasn't receive my petition. The operator at NVC told me I have to give them at least 15 business days from Jun 11( the day I got email about location of I-130). So I ll call them next Monday see NVC got my papers.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Apparently in Mid-May there was a big mixup where a bunch of cases were sent not to the NVC but to some storage facility. I suspect that has been corrected, but for sure it's causing a backlog as the NVC is now probably flooded and trying to catch up. So be patient. Lots of people are reporting more than a month at this point for NVC to get it input to their system.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Add me to the list of folks with problems with this. USCIS told me they sent my file about two weeks ago now - and still no record and my NOA2 was 5/11/12. :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I'm another - NOA2 May 9. Got an e-mail response on June 11 from NVCresearch that my petition was en-route, an assistant to my local congressman got an e-mail last week saying the same thing, and I got another e-mail this morning from NVC today saying same thing. It's driving me, and my Fiancee, crazy!

event.pngJoanna (Ying) is from Zhu Hai, China
Met online June 2011,
First visit August 2011 for two weeks,
Second visit November 2011 for one week,
Sent I-129F in Dec 2011,
12-22-2011 - NOA1 Received
Third visit April 2012 for two weeks (met all her family! Lots of "Ganbei!!!" (cheers) with her brothers with 100 proof - whew!))
05-09-2012 - NOA2 Received
05-09-2012 - ???? - CSC accidentally sends approved NOA2 to a storage facility, then has to retrieve it - Auuggghh!!
07-02-2012 - NVC Received
07-26-2012 - Packet 3 returned
07-27-2012 - Packet 3 received (yes- one day after she already sent it in- mini short-cut)
08-09-2012 - Packet 4 e-mail received
09-04-2012 - Interview
09-19-2012 - Received Visa
09-28-2012 - Ying's POE date (Chicago O'Hare)
10-27-2012 - Married!!!
11-20-2012 - AOS forms sent to USCIS

12-26-2012 - Biometrics Appointment

02-10-2013 - Ying gets I-512 Combo work authorization and travel authorization advanced parole card

06-23-2013 - Ying returns to China to assist with completing son's K2 Visa

07-10-2013 - Ying's son, Zongyang, passes K2 Visa interview in Guangzhou

07-29-2013 - Ying's I-485 AOS is approved

08-03-2013 - Ying's 2 year green card arrives in mail (she's still in China with son)

08-08-2013 - Ying and Zongyang enter US, HK to Toronto to O'Hare

Hello

We are having a terrible time with the transition from USCIS to NVC. We received the NOA2 on May 24th, which was quick (we submitted it in early March) but the NVC still has no record of receiving the application after 25 business days.

We have called the service line and emailed research after 15 business days but have yet to get a response.

Is anyone else having the same problem with the gap between NOA2 and NVC receiving the application, particularly lately (as if they are very busy lately?) Has this been a common problem in the past?

Thanks for your help

Eric and Shoko

Welcome to the club Eric!! we are also waiting for NVC to assign a case number.. at least there is come movement now!! let's hope we get ours soon!!!

BTW we have the same approval date :thumbs:

28 Dec '11 - I-129F package sent

30 Dec '11 - NOA 1

24 May '12 - NOA 2

27 Jun '12 - NVC Received

29 Jun '12 - NVC left

08 Aug '12 - Interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I spoke with the folks at the USCIS just now, they said my packet was forwarded to the NVC on Friday. She also said that it takes about two weeks from the time it is sent until it is received and processed.

Hopefully the customer service agent knew what she was talking about, a little hard to tell.

Good luck.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Well at least that is something, How did you manage to get that information?? Everytime I speak to someone over there all they say is we can't tell you until 90 days are up .... good luck to you as well! Thanks!

I spoke with the folks at the USCIS just now, they said my packet was forwarded to the NVC on Friday. She also said that it takes about two weeks from the time it is sent until it is received and processed.

Hopefully the customer service agent knew what she was talking about, a little hard to tell.

Good luck.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Apparently in Mid-May there was a big mixup where a bunch of cases were sent not to the NVC but to some storage facility. I suspect that has been corrected, but for sure it's causing a backlog as the NVC is now probably flooded and trying to catch up. So be patient. Lots of people are reporting more than a month at this point for NVC to get it input to their system.

I don't buy that NVC is having backlog. If NVC where the ones at fault here. Then VSC would also being held up. But they aren't. People are receiving their NVC case numbers with NOA2 well under the 15th business day mark. This is completely a CSC failure.

Edited by Miss. W

K-1 Petition
Jan 11, 2012 - I-129F Sent (USPS Priority)
September 10,2012 - Interview - APPROVED!

November 10, 2012 - OUR WEDDING DAY

AoS/EAD/AP
Jan 22, 2013 - I-485, I-765 & I-131 Sent (USPS Priority)
April 9, 2013 - AoS Interview - Seattle - APPROVED!

ROC

Mar 04, 2015 - I-751 Sent (USPS Priority)

Apr 04,2015 - Biometrics Appointment

July 20, 2015 - RFE!

Sept 15, 2015 - Response to RFE Sent

Sept 29, 2015 - APPROVED!

Follow my Journey About Me or Timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

I don't buy that NVC is having backlog. If NVC where the ones at fault here. Then VSC would also being held up. But they aren't. People are receiving their NVC case numbers with NOA2 well under the 15th business day mark. This is completely a CSC failure.

I'm on day 23 from VSC and I still do not have case number of NVC.

K1

12/08/11: NOA1

04/16/12: RFE Text/Email

04/18/12: RFE Hard Copy (forgot to answer yes/no to criminal background)

04/18/12: RFE Reply Sent

04/23/12: RFE Response Review

06/04/12: NOA2

06/29/12: NVC Received

07/03/12: NVC Left

07/09/12: Consulate Received

07/12/12: Packet 3 Received

07/30/12: Interview - Approved

08/11/12: POE - Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.