mrsbourffada

second visit wise.. or keep new position at work?

46 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hey everyone, I once again need some insight from you lovely people! I recently got a promotion at work that put me a couple thousand a year over the 125 percent poverty level for a household of 2. However,I have only been in Morocco, where my husband lives, one time. I spent over a month there, but it was still only one visit. I received a bonus at work and could make another trip over there in September before his interview to visit for a few weeks. My only problem is that if I do take off, I'm pretty sure my promotion that I got six months ago will be taken from me and I will be making around $100 (give or take a few dollars) a year under the 125 percent poverty limit. I will get the opportunity to get promotion back as I work in a field with a VERY high turnover rate (I work with mentally ill teenage girls with behavioral issues) and I'm very good at what I do. However, it's just not the type of position that can be left for two or three weeks easily. My question is: which should take priority? a second visit to my husband to prove on going marital relationship? or making that poverty limit? I also might add that my father is perfectly willing to co-sponsor, and like I said, the demotion would most likely be temporary. I, of course, want to go see my husband in a few months.. but I don't want to do something I will regret. Once again, thanks for taking the time to read this and I appreciate any insight :)

pAAEm7.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Difficult situation. First, have you spoken to your supervisor about this? In a job with such a high turnover rate, you would think they would like to keep people who are good at their job and want to keep doing it.

Secondly, Morrocco has a difficult consulate. You might want to post this in the regional forum and inquire as to how many trips should be taken. If your husband was from Canada or the UK or Australia, I my advice would be much different

Good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: Timeline

Hey everyone, I once again need some insight from you lovely people! I recently got a promotion at work that put me a couple thousand a year over the 125 percent poverty level for a household of 2. However,I have only been in Morocco, where my husband lives, one time. I spent over a month there, but it was still only one visit. I received a bonus at work and could make another trip over there in September before his interview to visit for a few weeks. My only problem is that if I do take off, I'm pretty sure my promotion that I got six months ago will be taken from me and I will be making around $100 (give or take a few dollars) a year under the 125 percent poverty limit. I will get the opportunity to get promotion back as I work in a field with a VERY high turnover rate (I work with mentally ill teenage girls with behavioral issues) and I'm very good at what I do. However, it's just not the type of position that can be left for two or three weeks easily. My question is: which should take priority? a second visit to my husband to prove on going marital relationship? or making that poverty limit? I also might add that my father is perfectly willing to co-sponsor, and like I said, the demotion would most likely be temporary. I, of course, want to go see my husband in a few months.. but I don't want to do something I will regret. Once again, thanks for taking the time to read this and I appreciate any insight

I guess from my understanding here, you married on your first visit and have not returned to see him since right? At this point in the stage to be honest with you, it's not the income part and the promotion that is concerning, it's getting married on the first visit and not going back to see him to prove your relationship is ongoing. Meeting the poverty guideline is important of course but you said your dad was perfectly willing to co sponsor if necessary, so honestly, I would have made a second trip wayyyyyyy before his interview as one visit is just not gonna get it with that consulate unfortunately.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Hey everyone, I once again need some insight from you lovely people! I recently got a promotion at work that put me a couple thousand a year over the 125 percent poverty level for a household of 2. However,I have only been in Morocco, where my husband lives, one time. I spent over a month there, but it was still only one visit. I received a bonus at work and could make another trip over there in September before his interview to visit for a few weeks. My only problem is that if I do take off, I'm pretty sure my promotion that I got six months ago will be taken from me and I will be making around $100 (give or take a few dollars) a year under the 125 percent poverty limit. I will get the opportunity to get promotion back as I work in a field with a VERY high turnover rate (I work with mentally ill teenage girls with behavioral issues) and I'm very good at what I do. However, it's just not the type of position that can be left for two or three weeks easily. My question is: which should take priority? a second visit to my husband to prove on going marital relationship? or making that poverty limit? I also might add that my father is perfectly willing to co-sponsor, and like I said, the demotion would most likely be temporary. I, of course, want to go see my husband in a few months.. but I don't want to do something I will regret. Once again, thanks for taking the time to read this and I appreciate any insight :)

Why not have the best of both and make your visit AFTER you submit the affidavit of support? Otherwise, without knowing the totality of circumstances in your case, it's difficult to gauge how critical a second visit will be. Is this relationship two similar aged lifelong same religion couples, a different religion significantly older woman situation or something in between. Lots of things to consider but usually "visits" and time together are driven by the desire to be together, more than these other considerations.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hey everyone, I once again need some insight from you lovely people! I recently got a promotion at work that put me a couple thousand a year over the 125 percent poverty level for a household of 2. However,I have only been in Morocco, where my husband lives, one time. I spent over a month there, but it was still only one visit. I received a bonus at work and could make another trip over there in September before his interview to visit for a few weeks. My only problem is that if I do take off, I'm pretty sure my promotion that I got six months ago will be taken from me and I will be making around $100 (give or take a few dollars) a year under the 125 percent poverty limit. I will get the opportunity to get promotion back as I work in a field with a VERY high turnover rate (I work with mentally ill teenage girls with behavioral issues) and I'm very good at what I do. However, it's just not the type of position that can be left for two or three weeks easily. My question is: which should take priority? a second visit to my husband to prove on going marital relationship? or making that poverty limit? I also might add that my father is perfectly willing to co-sponsor, and like I said, the demotion would most likely be temporary. I, of course, want to go see my husband in a few months.. but I don't want to do something I will regret. Once again, thanks for taking the time to read this and I appreciate any insight

You already did something you may regret. I am with foreverwaiting... marrying in the 1st visit and not returning is shooting yourself in the head- in most MENA countries. We will never be able to predict if you'll be approved, denied or put in a lengthy AP/ AR process, but is looking like the stereotypical pattern that triggers denials or lengthy AP's out of Morocco. I don't understand why would you be demoted if you take your vacation. I don't think that's legal!

For $100 less, it isn't worth. You can clean houses, babysit... whatever for a month and make extra $200.

Good luck!

Don't ever do anything you're not willing to explain the paramedics.

Filed: Timeline
1340713988[/url]' post='5483686']

You already did something you may regret. I am with foreverwaiting... marrying in the 1st visit and not returning is shooting yourself in the head- in most MENA countries. We will never be able to predict if you'll be approved, denied or put in a lengthy AP/ AR process, but is looking like the stereotypical pattern that triggers denials or lengthy AP's out of Morocco. I don't understand why would you be demoted if you take your vacation. I don't think that's legal!

For $100 less, it isn't worth. You can clean houses, babysit... whatever for a month and make extra $200.

Good luck!

Yeah that whole getting a promotion and raise and then taking it back sounds crazy. I would get dad to sponsor and off to morocco I would go but not for the interview but for a sooner visit if possible.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

duplicate topics have been merged.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

You wrote your father would co sponsor

I would never pass up the opportunity to have a little more time with my husband

Consulate Or Not Consulate!

What does your husband say? (F)

Just listen 2 your (L)

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

How long would this demotion last? Would you get demoted if you just went for a week? Could you talk to your supervisor and perhaps work something out? I don't like the idea of a co-sponsor, personally so I would avoid that if I were you. I would try to go for even a short visit. Perhaps wait until later on after you've submitted the I864 like Pushbrk suggested.

I got married my first visit. I had just started my job less than a year before getting married. I spoke with my office manager and worked something out so that I could go back for a visit. I visited for two weeks about 6 months after getting married.

"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Timeline

Why not have the best of both and make your visit AFTER you submit the affidavit of support? Otherwise, without knowing the totality of circumstances in your case, it's difficult to gauge how critical a second visit will be. Is this relationship two similar aged lifelong same religion couples, a different religion significantly older woman situation or something in between. Lots of things to consider but usually "visits" and time together are driven by the desire to be together, more than these other considerations.

We are the same age. He's Muslim, and I make no claim to any religion. I want to go see him badly, and have considered visiting him after I submit the affidavit of support, but I have worries that submitting the affidavit knowing that I will not make that much money after I get this demotion has some ramifications.

pAAEm7.png

Timeline

How long would this demotion last? Would you get demoted if you just went for a week? Could you talk to your supervisor and perhaps work something out? I don't like the idea of a co-sponsor, personally so I would avoid that if I were you. I would try to go for even a short visit. Perhaps wait until later on after you've submitted the I864 like Pushbrk suggested.

I got married my first visit. I had just started my job less than a year before getting married. I spoke with my office manager and worked something out so that I could go back for a visit. I visited for two weeks about 6 months after getting married.

She might work it out with me if I left for just a week. However, I just got back from Morocco in March. That's why she's being resistant to the idea that I'm taking more vacation time. I don't know how long the demotion would last.... it could be a month, or it could be a year. I don't like the idea of a co-sponsor either. I don't know if it makes a difference, but my Dad and I are part of the same household. He's retired and disabled. I look after him. the visit that I'm planning would fall at about 6.5 months after our marriage and could possibly be right as our NOA2 comes.

You wrote your father would co sponsor

I would never pass up the opportunity to have a little more time with my husband

Consulate Or Not Consulate!

What does your husband say? (F)

Just listen 2 your (L)

My Husband says he doesn't care that I'm going to make less money, he wants to see me. I want to go see him badly. I just don't want the couple of weeks of pleasure that going to see him brings delay our being reunited on a permanent level.

pAAEm7.png

Timeline

For some people with only a single visit, it's a big red flag. For plenty of others, it's not a big deal. How would this factor into possible red flags you have?

I'm not sure what other red flags we would have other than we were married a couple of weeks after we met. We are the same age, I have no claim to any religion. I just want to make the right choice, and after seeing everyone's replies, I think the right choice for the immigration process and just cause it's good for our relationship, is to get over there and see him.

pAAEm7.png

Timeline

Yeah that whole getting a promotion and raise and then taking it back sounds crazy. I would get dad to sponsor and off to morocco I would go but not for the interview but for a sooner visit if possible.

Thanks for your reply. The nature of the position is hard to explain, but I will try. I am the lead of a team of people who supervise and help mentally ill teenage girls with behavioral issues reach treatment goals. The girls know me to be the one who calls the shots, they know that if they are acting out, and I come into the room that whatever game they're playing is done. You have to have a certain personality, and relationship with these kids to be good at what I do. There is no one who can do my job like me working there currently, and while I'm gone..well, when the cat is away the mice will play. The house will go into crisis cause the girls will be left with weaker staff. That is why she is threatening demotion. My end of the week will not run smoothly with me gone. And I'm in an At Will position.. according to them, they don't have to have a good reason to fire me or demote me.

pAAEm7.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.