mrsbourffada

second visit wise.. or keep new position at work?

46 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Agreed.

It's not like he's 26 and you're 40. If that were the case I'd suggest more visits or longer visits. A week isn't going to be viewed as just squeezing something in for posterity. The consulate is tough, yes but I do think they realize that people have jobs and other responsibilities.

Is your husband super devout or religiously observant? You not being so might be a red flag if he is, but if he isn't, it's not been any big deal for several couples who have received visas from that consulate with similar demographics.

You might be a teensy bit over-analyzing things with the "maybe they'll think it's just a squeezed in trip for posterity". But maybe not. It's a weird, unpredictable consulate in so many ways, but from what you've shared here you seem to have far fewer big, glaring, giant, and weird red flags than a lot of people who have come out of that consulate successful. Best of luck with whatever you end up able to do.

"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Nobody knows what will be "enough".

They "know" in the context of what's physically and financially all that they can possibly do, preparation and visit-wise. People have varied constraints there, with time, money, employment. She's not asserting that she knows all the consulate could possibly require and that that standard's clearly been met.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

They "know" in the context of what's physically and financially all that they can possibly do, preparation and visit-wise. People have varied constraints there, with time, money, employment. She's not asserting that she knows all the consulate could possibly require and that that standard's clearly been met.

Then pray tell, what is the the meaning of "enough". Visas are denied every day all over the world to applicant couples who thought they had done all they could possibly do. This OP's question and many of the answers seem to address not "all that they can possibly do" but "what they might manage to get by with". They are patently NOT the same thing. The biggest question the Consular Officer deals with is the relationship bona fides. They best possible evidence of a bona fide relationship is evidence of time spent together.

"All you can possibly do" is often a bad idea because, for some, this is just not practical. But, let's not blow smoke at people and assure them of what is "enough" when nobody ever knows in advance what is "enough".

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Enough, in this case, used by me, meant "not just for posterity". Enough = a typical length of vacation for many Americans. I would never be one to blow smoke about, or try to convince someone that the US consulate in Casablanca is an easy consulate to get through.

Filed: Timeline

Agreed.

It's not like he's 26 and you're 40. If that were the case I'd suggest more visits or longer visits. A week isn't going to be viewed as just squeezing something in for posterity. The consulate is tough, yes but I do think they realize that people have jobs and other responsibilities.

I agree.. I think a week PLUS going into casa with no co sponsor is a huge plus. I think they also look at financial ability and the fact you only went a week because you had to keep your job looks good. Plus CASA is not too hard to get to.. Maybe you can squeeze 9 days out of her LOL.. like one day there one day back and then 7 days.. kind of lets say a MOROCCAN WEEK.. like moroccan time hahahaha Like when I tell my moroccan friends a time I always pad about an hour and 15 minutes because they are always LATE.. LOL like a week plus 2 days.. so its a week on the ground LOL..Im sure she will agree to that HAHAHAHHA..Just schmooze and work some crazy double shifts and do some crazy great stuff like continuing ed or cover people and kiss #### till you leave and I am sure she will let it slide

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Your dad is retired and disabled....just my opinion but I wouldn't put him in that position and use him as a co-sponsor. It's a huge responsibility and what if (God forbid) it doesn't work out? I would get a second job or anything to make up that extra money to qualify.

She might work it out with me if I left for just a week. However, I just got back from Morocco in March. That's why she's being resistant to the idea that I'm taking more vacation time. I don't know how long the demotion would last.... it could be a month, or it could be a year. I don't like the idea of a co-sponsor either. I don't know if it makes a difference, but my Dad and I are part of the same household. He's retired and disabled. I look after him. the visit that I'm planning would fall at about 6.5 months after our marriage and could possibly be right as our NOA2 comes.

My Husband says he doesn't care that I'm going to make less money, he wants to see me. I want to go see him badly. I just don't want the couple of weeks of pleasure that going to see him brings delay our being reunited on a permanent level.

Moroccan-Americanflag.jpg

Met in December 2008

Married in Morocco December 22, 2009

Filed IR1/CR1 - April 2010

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

Response to RFE - December 22, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Paid AOS and IV Bill - January 27, 2011

Sent AOS/IV documents - March 15 2011

NVC received/signed for documents - March 17

Interview May 10

APPROVED

Timeline

I think that if you can get the best of both worlds, that that would be the best possible solution. Consulates want to ensure that mariages are real but also that you have the means to support your man once he gets to the US. If you like what you do and are getting a promotion that allows you to not have a co-sponsor, that alleviates the financial issues surrounding immigration. Who knows, you may be able to negotiate a longer break if you work hard now. Maybe your boss would go for 10 days or 2 weeks if you work through the summer. I wish you good luck with your decisions

Working in Turkmenistan, spouse is with me. 

Dealing with the NVC process...

Check out Timeline for questions :D

Timeline

Enough, in this case, used by me, meant "not just for posterity". Enough = a typical length of vacation for many Americans. I would never be one to blow smoke about, or try to convince someone that the US consulate in Casablanca is an easy consulate to get through.

Thanks for the clarification. Not sure anybody would have taken your "enough" in that way though. I certainly didn't. The OP was asking for immigration advice, not how long a vacation was "enough" in your eyes.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

it's certainly how i read it, and i know i'm not the only one who read it that way.

i'd like to know how one is able to do more than they can possibly do, since more than they can possibly do is impossible. are people doing impossible things to get visas? how do they do so? superpowers? magic? not doing something impossible is "often a bad idea"?

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Timeline

I also read it that way and unfortunately, do not have any magical powers.

Working in Turkmenistan, spouse is with me. 

Dealing with the NVC process...

Check out Timeline for questions :D

Filed: Timeline

it's certainly how i read it, and i know i'm not the only one who read it that way.

i'd like to know how one is able to do more than they can possibly do, since more than they can possibly do is impossible. are people doing impossible things to get visas? how do they do so? superpowers? magic? not doing something impossible is "often a bad idea"?

they go to marrakesh and buy some sehour and blow it on the street in front of the consulate and talk to aisha kandisha after the sun goes down so the djinns chase the workers at the consulate that day :dance:

And many of the people on this forum have actually BEEN through Casa and have seen case after case and honestly, my advice to her is to take a short visit and keep her job. I think having to have a co sponsor looks much worse than her able to do it herself.

Timeline

they go to marrakesh and buy some sehour and blow it on the street in front of the consulate and talk to aisha kandisha after the sun goes down so the djinns chase the workers at the consulate that day :dance:

And many of the people on this forum have actually BEEN through Casa and have seen case after case and honestly, my advice to her is to take a short visit and keep her job. I think having to have a co sponsor looks much worse than her able to do it herself.

I don't object to advising a short visit, just the assertion that (in the context of immigration success) it will be "enough". I don't know if it will be or not, and neither does anybody else.

Further to others, a short visit is obviously not "all she can do" but it may well be the wisest choice. Not the same thing.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

You wrote your father would co sponsor

I would never pass up the opportunity to have a little more time with my husband

Consulate Or Not Consulate!

What does your husband say? (F)

Just listen 2 your (L)

I agree with inluvwaiting, let your dad co-sponsor if he is willing. It is important to visit more then once.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I agree with inluvwaiting, let your dad co-sponsor if he is willing. It is important to visit more then once.

I dont necessarily agree with this... your dad is not working and disabled.... you can work alittle bit more and make enough money to do the sponsoring yourself.

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.