AlexJane

She wants to go back Home (Philippines)

100 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

How about some background info.

Once you start the long K1 both of you needed to be sure. I assume you meet her in the Philippines on a tourist visa because she could not get a tourist visa to come to the US . You went there at least once because that is required to get her a visa. I assume you did tell her you had two boys but did you take them with you one one of your trips to the Philippines to meet her.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

No matter what anyone else here says, only you know the whole situation and everyones' feelings. So you have to ask yourself, is your new wife and possible new family worth giving up the family you have now? If the answer is no. Then just let her know that your family is yourself, your kids, and her if she wants. Otherwise it'll just be you and your kids.

Tough spot you are in, good luck getting out.

May the power of love be with you.

Filed: Timeline

SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! she want's to kick your OWN child??? oh men!!!!

i don't know dude. but if i were in your position i will kick her out instead of kicking my own child...REMEMBER your kids will be your kids...anyhow that's your decision. i just hope u will do the right thing :crying: goodluck!!!!

The longer it takes to happen the more you'll appreciate it when it does!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

this is somewhat disturbing to ask a parent to leave their children. i don't think she is either mentally fit to be a parent.

just let her go and move on..

Edited by unlockingsky

"Family time is very precious and you should cherish every moment of it."

01/20/12 - I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox.

01/26/12 - NOA1 received and processing at Vermont.

06/28/12 - NOA2 announced on status check.

06/29/12 - NVC received case learned on 07/2/12.

06/30/12 - Hard copy NOA2 received.

07/09/12 - NVC Casefile Number and IIN Issued.

07/16/12 - Receive and Sent DS-3032 via email.

07/17/12 - Mailed DS-3032 via mail, AOS bill received via email, paid online, Optin email sent.

07/18/12 - Optin accepted and new case number, AOS marked paid, emailed AOS packet.

07/24/12 - Assigned as Agent, IV Fee bill received via email, paid online.

07/25/12 - IV Fee marked paid, emailed IV packet.

07/31/12 - Emailed GZO Supplemental Packet 3.

08/02/12 - Case completed and commenced final review.

08/03/12 - Shipped all copies of forms/letters/documents to my wife - arriving on 8/9/12.

08/06/12 - Case completed final review.

08/09/12 - Appointment letter received via email interview date set 9/6/12.

08/14/12 - Medical exam done.

08/15/12 - Medical exam results all normal.

09/06/12 - Submitted required documents at the embassy and interview set next day at 0730.

09/07/12 - Visa approved, click here for review http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=10401 .

09/14/12 - Visa received on hand!

10/07/12 - Arrived at NYC! click here for review http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-poe-reviews.php?entry=15293

10/20/12 - Received welcome letter from USCIS.

10/25/12 - Green Card received!

"Nothing is more difficult than the art of maneuvering for advantageous positions." - Sun-Tzu

04/27/13 - Submitted DS-160 online for parent-in-laws and sister-in-law.

05/01/13 - Paid DS-160 or MRV Fee Payments on CGI Stanley.

05/03/13 - Made appointment for 05/16/13 on CGI Stanley.

05/16/13 - Arrived at GUZ and impromptu notice on the front it was closed.

05/30/13 - B2 visa interview passed! Read review here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/433263-b2-visa-was-approved-for-parentinlaw/ <p>

"Good ideas are not adopted automatically. They must be driven into practice with courageous patience." - ADM Hyman G. Rickover

08/08/14 - Mailed I-175 application.

08/11/14 - I-175 arrived at VSC.

08/18/14 - Received NOA1 with date 08/12/14.

08/27/14 - Received biometrics appointment for 09/09/14.

02/27/15 - GC in production from email notification.

03/02/15 - Received NOA2 with approval dated 02/25/15.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

you can arrange her to visit her family,

If being "home sick" is the problem. It might be a good investment to cover (full or partial) the cost of Internet for a few family members and get every body set up with video chat.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hmm does your kids respect or listen her as there mom or stepmom? or did you treat her as your wife?not a servant at home? we really dont know about the whole story tho but your wife cannot say those kind of words if evrything inside the house is fine.

f690746bde92a5f8de43878535e2992e.jpgan1cHsWHg3D0010MjAwMTlqfDI4OTc3N2phfHNpbmNlIG91ciBOT0Ex.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I don't know were to start? She want's me to give up my two young boys to my X who is the none custodial parent. She wants her own family/kids....mmhmhm Well of course,, I understand

I said! She also can not find work. .,,,so she wants to go back.?:help:

It would give us more idea if OP had more detail on the situation. This is too short and might create bias comment.

First, we don't know how OP and kids treat her at home. Does she get respect as a step-mom? If she knew about your young kids before she decided to move here, then that shouldn't be her first intention to tell you to give up your kids.

If she doesn't get any respect plus she doesn't have any work, I think that could make her feel so down and want to go home.

May be OP should try to sort thing out between wife and kids?

Just want to see from another angle. :)

But if she just asked you to give up your kids for no reason, but to have her own, you should let her go.

Naturalization

04/22/15 (Day 0) N-400 Package sent

08/03/15 Interview - Recommend for Approval

08/18/15 Oath Ceremony

ROC

12/17/2013 (Day 0) ROC Package sent

12/23/2013 (Day 7) NOA date

01/27/14 (Day 43) Biometric Appointment

03/14/14 Case transferred to CSC

05/16/14 New Card Received

AOS from B2
11/14/2011 (Day 0) AOS Package sent (I-130, I-485, I-765)
11/15/2011 (Day 1) Package received by USCIS

12/12/2011 Biometrics Appointment
01/28/2012 (Day 74) EAD Card in hands
02/02/2012 (Day 79) Received letter of Interview Notice
03/02/2012 (Day 108) Interview - Dallas
03/21/2012 (Day 127) Green Card in Hands!

To the OP: One possible answer: Say, in X number of years, my sons will have grown up; we can start having our own children by then, and move to the Philippines, if you wish.

Edit: of course, it sounds like she has deeper issues. That is just a direct reply to the demands you stated.

Edited by Laser1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

As a child I was in the same situation as your two boys. I am my four siblings ranging from the ages of 3 to 14 lived with my father, my father had full custody of us. My stepmother knew this for the two years before she married my father. But she told my father that she did not want us living with her and sat us all down just after they were married and told all of us children that she didn't want us around either. As we didn't have anywhere else to go, she made life absolutely miserable for us and never missed an opportunity to make us feel unwanted and unloved. This situation did untold damage to all of us as well as our family over a long period of time.

It is not a situation I would wish on any child or family.

I am sorry you are now in this position with your own children, it is one that will have a lasting impact on them and you. There is no easy option as in the end someone will get hurt and there is also the longer term impact to consider especially for your own children both now and potentially in the future. As a father and as a husband I am sure it will be one of the hardest decisions you will have to make.

I wish you the very best in reaching a solution. Warm regards.

My divorced mother and father routinely shipped my sister and I back and forth between them based on who their husband or wife was at the time. I'm 43 now and have never gotten over it

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I Didnt want to comment on your topic because it opened my wounds.Before i was with my fiance i was with another man who had a Son and i must say i loved that child so much u couldnt tell he wasnt mine unless i told u,the boy could spit on me rub soap in my eyes and do alot of horrible things to me but i never spanked him,i loved him cos i wanted to bond with him-his father however broke up with me for no reason,i was hurt cos i had bonded with the kid by then and the seperation hurt me.Am happy now though,however Sorry to say but your wife is selfish.she should accept your kids as her own and bond with them so that when she has her own kids eventually she will have no headache introducing her new born baby to your boys.Love is Sacrifice it shouldnt always be about you but about your partner-For me my partner comes first all the time and i second,hes a king and i tell him that.Even if he cheated with another woman and had a kid trust me id love that kid no matter what children are blessings from God and it shouldnt matter who brought them or how they came into the world what matters is loving and raising them the right way.i hope u have a talk with her and solve issues with her.Goodluck :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.