100 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

selfish ###### send her back and keep you kids

»-(¯'v'¯)-»Lisel & Javier »-(¯'v'¯)-»

K-1 TIMELINE

I - 129F SENT .................. 01/26/2012

I - 129F DELIVERED ...........01/30/2012
NOA1 TEXT/EMAIL ............02/04/2012 (01:45 AM)
NOA1 LETTER .....................02/06/2012
TOUCH ...............................02/10/2012
RFE TEXT/EMAIL ..................02/29/2012 (11:45 AM)
RFE LETTER ..........................03/02/2012
RFE SENT ..............................03/06/2012
RFE DELIVERED .....................03/07/2012
TOUCHED ( RFE) ....................03/08/2012 ( 10:33 AM)
NOA2 TEXT/EMAIL ..................03/27/2012 (04:15 PM)
NOA2 LETTER .........................03/30/2012
NVC RECIEVED ( CASE #) ...........04/05/2012
MEDICAL EXAM .........................04/24/2012
PICK UP MEDICAL EXAM..............05/24/2012
INTERVIEW DAY ..........................07/12/2012
VISA ON HAND ............................07/19/2012
REQUEST FOR CARTA BLANCA .......07/24/2012
CARTA BLANCA ON HAND .............08/17/2012
ARRIVAL ........................................08/28/2012
TOTAL ........................................... 7 MONTHS

AoS/EAD/AP/timeline:
I-485 SENT ....................11/16/2012
NOA-1 TEXT/EMAIL ..............11/23/2012 (9:55 AM)
NOA-1 LETTER ..................11/26/2012
BIOMETRICS LETTER .............12/01/2012
BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT ........12/24/2012
TOUCH (RFE) ...................12/06/2012
RFE LETTER ...................12/08/2012
TOUCH(RFE).....................12/28/2012
EAD/AP NOA-2 Email Aproval ....02/02/2013
EAD/AP ARRIVED ................02/15/2013

I-485 Interview ............01/21/2014

Approval Notice Text/Email..01/21/2014

Card Production..............01/22/2014

Card Sent ..................01/24/2014

Of course stay with your kids and do not abandon them. But realistically lets look at the way your wife was raised. The Phillipine government has no provisions for child support. So if you do father kids there and just deciede one day to get up and walk away then so be it. It is the culture that is to blame, not the person. Yes, keep your kids definately but also talk with your wife, explain to her the customs here and most importantly the culture here. Ask her to understand your feelings as well and you understanding hers. It was not mentioned but if there is a lot of contact with your ex then that may be where the problem lies. Unfortunately you have to communicate with your ex to see your kids so this is another concept that she is probably not used to.

Acceptance of another persons beliefs and feelings does not necessarily mean you have to agree with them. Communication is the key.

11/30/11 Mailed K-1 petition

12/5/11 NOA1

12/13/11 Touched

5/8/12 Called USCIS for OUT OF NORMAL PROCESSING TIME inquiry

5/10/12 received email from VSC stating to wait 60 more days for decision

6/25/12 emailed my congressman

6/29/12 congressman's caseworker called me to gather more information about my case

6/29/12 sent request to state senator for an official inquiry into my case

7/3/12 Touched

7/3/12 text and email received for NOA2 approval

7/9/12 Received NOA2 hard copy in the mail

7/16/12 Called and received NVC Case Number

7/18/12 Called NVC and was told my case was in "additional processing"

7/27/12 Called NVC and was told my case is in "administrative processing"

8/2/12 Called NVC and was told my case is on the way to Manila.

8/6/12 Petition arrived in Manila

8/7/12 Called and obtained Embassy Interview Date, received appointment letter in email

Interview Date : 9/13/12

8/8/12 Fiance passed medical exam at SLEC

8/10/12 Fiance took CFO seminar

8/10/12 NVC letter arrived in mail (hardcopy)

8/13/12 Called the US Traveldocs number and asked to have earlier interview from 9/13/12 to 8/17/12

8/15/12 Interview Instruction Letter arrived in email

8/17/12 Interview date

8/17/12 Interview complete, 221g issued to send NSO CENOMAR to embassy through 2go

8/31/12 Called Senator to ask for inquiry at embassy.

8/31/12 Visa approved

8/31/12 Visa printed

9/5/12 2GO Courier service has visa in transit

9/6/12 2go Courier delivered VISA at 4:30 pm

9/6/12 Ticket purchased for flight leaving 9/8/12 POE Chicago

9/8/12 Arrived in USA

Filed: Timeline

My divorced mother and father routinely shipped my sister and I back and forth between them based on who their husband or wife was at the time. I'm 43 now and have never gotten over it

I can relate to this.

Based on my research, I came to the conclusion that this "shipping" of kids back and forth was detrimental to the kids. In my case I yielded 100% custody to my Ex Wife.

I personally think the OP should be thankful that this came to life this early in their relationship.

Not all Fiancees/Wifes are Mother material. Perhaps OPs Wife came to that realisation. She deserves to be happy too so if her being a step mother is not part of her plan then a dissolution is the only way to go. How does the Ex feel about getting the kids back?

It's a delicate situation.

You should talk to her and figure out what causes her to say it instead of posting the problem here.

AOS Journey

2-22-2012 - Mailed in AOS/EAD/ paperwork.

2-28-2012 - Return Receipt.

3-05-2012 - NOA I-797C received for I-485, I-765 and biometrics appointment for 3-29-2012

3-07-2012 - Sent Notice to Reschedule Appointment at local ASC by certified mail

3-10-2012 - Return Receipt

3-20-2012 - received text/email the case is transferred

3-24-2012 - NOA I-797C notice received that the case is transferred at CSC

3-30-2012 - Received NOA I-797 New Biometrics Appointment for 4-24-2012

4-24-2012 - BIOMETRICS and same day my I-765 status is in production

4-30-2012 - received text/email notification EAD is on my way

5-03-2012 - received EAC

9-10-2012 - GC/DOCUMENT PRODUCTION

9-11-2012 - CSC mail out the Welcome Letter

9-12-2012 - CSC mail out the Green Card

9-14-2012 - Welcome Letter received

9-15-2012 - Green Card received

ROC Journey

8-15-2014 - Sent I-751

8-18-2014 - I-751 Delivered

8-18-2014 - NOA I-797

8-20-2014 - Check Cashed

9-11-2014 - Biometrics Appointment

11-18-2014- Received email and text notification that green card is in production

11-19-2014- CSC mail out GREEN CARD

bzto184.png

xkNdm5.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i am a filipina i have kids before i met my boy friend the first i told him is if he can accept and love my kids there is no reason not to love him and be with him for the rest,and we have problems sometimes,but he loves my kids like his own, , dont ever give up ur kids, she`s acting like a kid, send her home you can still find someone to be with you and love ur kids.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

In the end this is a mutual problem. I doubt it is as simple as one person being unreasonable.

Counseling. Find out what the parties want and need.

Often the problems we notice and ocmplain of are symptoms of the problems we do not like to consider.

--------------------------------

Priorty Date: June 22, 2011

Interview Sept. 7, 2012

Visa in hand, Sept 15, 2012

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

I don't know were to start? She want's me to give up my two young boys to my X who is the none custodial parent. She wants her own family/kids....mmhmhm Well of course,, I understand

I said! She also can not find work. .,,,so she wants to go back.?:help:

If that is the extent of your response to her situation, then maybe it's time to have a conversation with your wife.

To the responses of she is selfish and immature, look at their photos, his post has about 50 words, a picture is worth a thousand.

Just wondering would you say this if it was the man making his filipino wife choose between him or the kids?

just dnt judge to quick.we dnt know the whole story and im sure if the wifey post here too we will see a diffrent story....as a filipino we r family orriented and we love kids ..if we love the man we sure do accept the kids too...sometimes we say something hurtful esp when get hurt too.there is more to this story so i dnt think we need to judge the wife too quick and to the person who posted here about his family trouble man, it never work to post here cuz u will see a diffrent thoughts and opinion esp when the whole story that posted is just 10% of the real story....talk to her and im sure you will work things out.

and to other people who's giving him a SENDING advise I hope this thing wont happen to you guys :devil: :devil: ...u know KARMA is a B*TCH

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Of course stay with your kids and do not abandon them. But realistically lets look at the way your wife was raised. The Phillipine government has no provisions for child support. So if you do father kids there and just deciede one day to get up and walk away then so be it. It is the culture that is to blame, not the person. Yes, keep your kids definately but also talk with your wife, explain to her the customs here and most importantly the culture here. Ask her to understand your feelings as well and you understanding hers. It was not mentioned but if there is a lot of contact with your ex then that may be where the problem lies. Unfortunately you have to communicate with your ex to see your kids so this is another concept that she is probably not used to.

Acceptance of another persons beliefs and feelings does not necessarily mean you have to agree with them. Communication is the key.

I am not sure I understand your post! Are you saying that it would be OK to walk away from your kids if you could do it without owing child support?!!! :wow: To me that seems hugely less important than the bonds of father to child and the responsibilities of parent-hood. This would be such an over-the-top kind of deal breaker for me! A woman who could ever make such a demand would be out the door so fast! I wouldn't care where as long as I had her toxic, narcissistic self far away from my children! And FWIW, I feel the same way about my wife's children! They are just as important to me and it would be unthinkable for me to consider accepting it if she were ever to suggest they should be sent away to live with their birth father! One thing was very certain before we ever began this process and that was that we see eye-to-eye on issues of parent-hood!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

as a filipino we r family orriented and we love kids

Sweeping generalizations such as you make are invariably wrong. I have known filipinas and they are not any more child-loving on the whole as any other group I have met. There are good and bad in any group! If we are to believe the OP he has apparently found one that doesn't fit your mold. Maybe he is lying about his own situation. Certainly he gives a paucity of detail! But the overall point is that no culture is superior to others on issues of parenthood when it comes to the range of individuals involved in actually being those parents!

One thing to consider is that she may feel that she is taking on too much of a "mother" role for your sons; taking on more responsibility than she was prepared for. Perhaps you can reduce that load by doing more yourself, getting help from your family, or by hiring babysitters .

If she is finding it too much to be in a mother role to his two children, how will she find being a mother to their children?! Children are children, they all have naughty moments, but they need to be loved irrespect. How do you know he isn't doing more than she is, may be he is a little wary of giving over too much control regarding the kids until she shows she is able and willing to take it.

I think the poster needs to come here and give more information about the situation, right now what he has written is vague and I honestly don't think he should give up his kids. As I've said before he brought them in to this world, he has a responsibility to them, he is their protector and as such they should always be his number 1 priority.

One thing to consider is that she may feel that she is taking on too much of a "mother" role for your sons; taking on more responsibility than she was prepared for. Perhaps you can reduce that load by doing more yourself, getting help from your family, or by hiring babysitters .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.