Sorrenbert

Just Married ;-) is Adjustment of Status ASAP??

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello guys! need your advice..my fiancee and I got married after 1month i arrived here in US. Question, Is Adjustment of Status needed ASAP? Does it also has an expiration date with in 90days?

Please need your help...

Thanks

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello guys! need your advice..my fiancee and I got married after 1month i arrived here in US. Question, Is Adjustment of Status needed ASAP? Does it also has an expiration date with in 90days?

Please need your help...

Thanks

No it is not necessary to adjust your status ASAP. Even if you fall outside of the 90 days there is no problem.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

This is not an NVC question. Moved to AOS forums.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Please need your help...

Thanks

After her 90 days, she will be out of status if you do not file to adjust her status. She will not be able to legally work or go to school. ICE can pick her up they run into her.

While nothing requires her to file to adjust her status, you put her at risk if she runs into ICE. Additionally, you limit her abilities to work or go to school. Without work, school, friends, and family, she will go nuts.

The good thing is that she is married to a US citizen, so you can file to adjust her status at any time (even after the 90 days). If she is out of status and is unfortunate that ICE picked her up, the immigration judge will most likely let her out on the condition that you file to adjust her status. This is not really a good plan because she will be pi$$ed that she was detained and probably locked up with a bunch of other illegal immigrants. It could be hours or days before you can get her release.

The remote possibility that ICE could pick her up is reason enough to file to adjust her status before the 90 days expires. The inability to work or go to school is a practical matter that can cause problems in your marriage.

Beg or borrow the money. File for her before the 90 days. The headaches of not filing are worse than begging or borrowing the money to file.

Edited by aaron2020

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline

This is not really a good plan because she will be pi$$ed that she was detained and probably locked up with a bunch of other illegal immigrants.

Wow....

I hope you where never pi$$ed and detained with a bunch of immigrants.

Nor begged to live in this country. I'm sorry but that did not sound good.

I'm not saying it's nice to get incarcerated but there's no need to say ” with a bunch of immigrants” :wow:

00fg9n74.png

EWI, TPS, ADVANCE PAROLE, AOS

05/30-(day 0)- AOS sent

06/01-(day 1)- AOS received

06/04-(day 4)- AOS acceptance

06/06-(day 6)-Txt/Email, routed to NBC

06/09-(day 9)-I-797 NOA received (Saturday)

06/11-(day 11)-Called to fix typographical error(Missing middle name on I-130)

06/20-(day 20)- Email received (Saying error fixed)

07/13-(day 43)Email: reused most recent biometrics, awaiting Indie status

09/10-(day 103)Humanitarian Expedite Request

9/13-(day 106) Interview October 17TH (TOTAL 139 DAYS)

9/17-APPROVED ON THE SPOT AND STAMP ON PASSPORT WHICH EXPIRES IN ONE YR!!!

Filed: Timeline

I was a a little worried about this issue. My fiance is currently going to college for Esl classes and she is outside the filing deadline. This was a mistake that will be remidied in a few days. She has a drivers licence and we are married. I told her to only carry her drivers licence and not her passport. This delay was partialy caused by Easyfiancevisa not informing us that her adjustment of status was not submitted because of a error we made is filing. I would have appreciated a call from them instead of waiting 2 weeks to send me a email.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Wow....

I hope you where never pi$$ed and detained with a bunch of immigrants.

Nor begged to live in this country. I'm sorry but that did not sound good.

I'm not saying it's nice to get incarcerated but there's no need to say ” with a bunch of immigrants” :wow:

If you are going to "quote" me, then don't leave out words that offend you like "illegal." Why did you drop this out when you quoted me?

Who do you think they hold in immigration detention if not illegal immigrants? US citizens --> no. Legal immigrants --> no. Illegal immigrants --> yes.

What politically correct term would you like me to use instead of illegal immigrants?

Is it racist if I say "a bunch of US citizens" or "a bunch of legal immigrants?" Or are you offended by the use of the word "illegal?"

My usage of the word "bunch" was to imply that no one gets a private cell. It's one big crowded cage. Unlike you who are only saying that it's not nice to get incarcerated, I have been to immigration detention to pick up my brother. Immigration detention is overcrowded and a $hithole. If you don't mind peeing in a toilet in the corner of the room with other people watching, then I guess you wouldn't mind being stuck in there with a bunch of people.

If you are going to accuse me of racism, then come out with it. Don't try wording it nicely when you insinuate that I am a racist.

Edited by aaron2020

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Agreed with aaron2020.

Also worthy of mention is that if you ARE detained by ICE, you must report this on your subsequent applications (AOS, ROC, citizenship). That won't look good, will it? And you'll die a thousand deaths inside, each time you report it.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Aaron200's comments are correct and he did not make a disparaging comment about immigrants; he made a factual comment about illegal immigrants. It is important that you quote another member properly, especially as changing the quote changes the intent of the statement and can cause unnecessary dissension. As this topic is about filing for AOS after the 90 day I-94 window, please return to that discussion and do not derail the thread any further.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Please need your help...

Thanks

My take is don't wait to do anything if you have the funds. In just the year that I've been involved with this I've known people who needed the AP part of the AOS for such things as death, ilness in the family back home. If you have the funds don't wait.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

The most difficult part is the money for some people, gather your evidence, file and there are not any issues. Follow the guides and good luck. Some have said is is difficult to get the paperwork from the government so expedite or pay an extra fee to get your marriage documents and move on with your AOS filing.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.