t and k

I-485 approved without interview ???

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi Everyone ,

I am really confused here ... I come to the US on a k1 visa got married and filed for the adjustment of status . biometrics done .. but till now i have not got any appointment for the interview .. yesterday i received an e mail from the USCIS that says -

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production

On May 24, 2012, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

And after a few hours i got another e mail from USCIS which says -

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Your Case Status: Decision

On May 24, 2012, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before receiving your card, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

So i dont understand what is going on here .. is t some kind of a mistake or is my case got approved without interview ?

Thank you for your help .

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Looks like you don't have an interview! Congrats!

tumblr_m24igfpWr01rtrvwyo1_r1_250.jpg

Click image to view my blog!

AOS Timeline

11/1/11 - AOS package Delivered

11/7/11 - NOA Received in the mail

11/12/11 - Biometrics Appointment received

11/28/11 - Case transferred to CSC

12/7/11 - Biometrics done

1/2/12 - EAD and AP approved (Card production)

1/11/12 - EAD/AP Card received

1/20/12 - Got Driver's License!

3/7/12 - GC approved!

3/9/12 - Got a job!

3/11/12 - GC on hand

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi Everyone ,

I am really confused here ... I come to the US on a k1 visa got married and filed for the adjustment of status . biometrics done .. but till now i have not got any appointment for the interview .. yesterday i received an e mail from the USCIS that says -

Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production

On May 24, 2012, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

So i dont understand what is going on here .. is t some kind of a mistake or is my case got approved without interview ?

Thank you for your help .

Congrats! When adjusting from a K-1, you do not always get interviewed. There is about a 50/50 shot at an interview or not. Was your case transferred to CSC at some point? When it gets transferred there, then it is highly likely you will be approved without interview. The down side is that it is taking longer to process the applications through CSC as of late.

no need for interview for permanent resident card.

the interview when you remove condition to get your green card,which is after two years,

congratulations

This is not entirely correct. You can have no interview for AOS when adjusting from a K-1, and then get approved for ROC with no interview again. Most cases for ROC are approved without the need for an interview.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Congrats! When adjusting from a K-1, you do not always get interviewed. There is about a 50/50 shot at an interview or not. Was your case transferred to CSC at some point? When it gets transferred there, then it is highly likely you will be approved without interview. The down side is that it is taking longer to process the applications through CSC as of late.

This is not entirely correct. You can have no interview for AOS when adjusting from a K-1, and then get approved for ROC with no interview again. Most cases for ROC are approved without the need for an interview.

yes my case was transferred to csc

Edited by t and k

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

you are right.some ROC gets approved with out interview.I hope all and not some

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

yes my case was transferred to csc

Congrats! You will receive your green card in the mail soon. :thumbs:

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

• 3 years later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline

no need for interview for permanent resident card.

the interview when you remove condition to get your green card,which is after two years,

congratulations

That statement is false! Yes you do normally need an interview for i-485 application but because the Vermont office is backed up they are giving the conditional green card with no interview. For the removal of conditions if you file everything correctly and provide full documentation you wont have an interview after 2 years.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Three-year-old thread is now closed to further comments.

VJ Moderation

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.