sam357

Wife wants to Make Trouble

26 posts in this topic

So no worries then right?

Have a nice day.

:lol: No worries here. Don't go scaring other people for no reason with your nonsense, though.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Austria
Timeline

In case you missed this post in your zeal to make a rebutal. I specifically used the word encourage.

"My point in this is to encourage anyone that can, to please complete their immigration journey by attaining citizenship as soon as humanly possible. There's a deportable difference between a GC holder and a USC."

I am sorry, but from my point of view right now I don´t see a reason why I should give up my Austrian citizenship. My immigration journey ends with the greencard (until I change my mind/ situation or Austria it´s citizenship laws)

as long as the GC holder did everyhing right and didn´t break the law they don´t get deported. if they break the law (and i don´t mean a speeding ticket) they should get deported. it just sucks that they can´t get deported anymore once they are citizens.

2018/09/14 Became a USC

Filed: Timeline

I am sorry, but from my point of view right now I don´t see a reason why I should give up my Austrian citizenship. My immigration journey ends with the greencard (until I change my mind/ situation or Austria it´s citizenship laws)

as long as the GC holder did everyhing right and didn´t break the law they don´t get deported. if they break the law (and i don´t mean a speeding ticket) they should get deported. it just sucks that they can´t get deported anymore once they are citizens.

:thumbs:

Thanks for your post.

PS: No need to be sorry as we are all entitled to our opinions.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My brother came here in 1979 and just applied for and got his citizenship two years ago. He renewed his green card whenever it was about to expire. So some people don't apply for citizenship early for fear of being denied. They want to make sure everything in their record is good before applying.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

If he does not go to the swearing in then she is on the hook still for the affadavit.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

I have a friend who has been married for over 10 years. He came on a K-1, got his green card and recently passed his citizenship interview. He is scheduled for the swearing in ceremony on the 14 of June. However, his wife wants and a divorce and is trying to blackmail him into signing a separation agreement which he gets nothing. She told him if he didn't sign it she would go to immigrations and say she is pulling her support. My question is can she do anything at this point or is it a meaningless threat? Any good info would be appreciated.

id be wanting to know why she is flipping ouy myself...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hmmm. A ton is only three or four Sumo wrestlers. Twenty Filipinas at most. So there's probably a ton of immigrants that have been deported after living here ten years, sure.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

he doesn't need to worry. after getting his oath he should immediately serve her and get the best lawyer available and put her through the wringer. some people are just too hateful and for them you have to use a special approach.

4027-dil-ko-choo-jaye-gi-shayari-collection-heart_91.gif?d=1205939495

If he does not go to the swearing in then she is on the hook still for the affadavit.

that should be an incentive for him to get it..unless they bought stuff together and he wants to take her to the cleaners and shes figured out hes used her for papers. we are only hearing his side of the story. He could be a total scammer and she pissed and doesnt want to go any further because she knows hes going to dump her after he gets his citizenship and take half her #######..happened to a friend of mine who sponsored a moroccan. He got his citizenship and then made her sell her house and could because he was protected by the homestead law and he worked every freaking angle he could.. so dont be so quick to think that this guy is so saintly. She may have figured out he s leaving... or has some other woman back home he wants to petition for ..Women dont usually just make trouble for no reason.. hell yeah shes going to make trouble if shes caught him up to something.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.