sam357

Wife wants to Make Trouble

26 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have a friend who has been married for over 10 years. He came on a K-1, got his green card and recently passed his citizenship interview. He is scheduled for the swearing in ceremony on the 14 of June. However, his wife wants and a divorce and is trying to blackmail him into signing a separation agreement which he gets nothing. She told him if he didn't sign it she would go to immigrations and say she is pulling her support. My question is can she do anything at this point or is it a meaningless threat? Any good info would be appreciated.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

She cant do anything, its way too late to pull any sort of support, he already took his US citizenship test and is waiting for oath.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Timeline

Thanks for the responses. I told him that but wanted to be sure. She is just being a witch with a B in the beginning!!!

That's normal protocol for divorce :whistle:

Tell your "friend" to tell her to go pound sand andtry to not be alone with her.

PS: Tell your friend he has 10 demerits for not going for his citizenship as soon as he was qualified.

Edited by Iyawo Ijebu

PS: Tell your friend he has 10 demerits for not going for his citizenship as soon as he was qualified.

Applying for citizenship is a personal choice and not a requirement. Sometimes applying for citizenship means giving up rights/privileges in your home country or means losing citizenship in your home country. Up until 10 years ago this was the case in the OP's country.

Applying for citizenship is a personal choice and not a requirement. Sometimes applying for citizenship means giving up rights/privileges in your home country or means losing citizenship in your home country. Up until 10 years ago this was the case in the OP's country.

Everything is a personal choice, everything. IMHO you're either in or out. Tons of people are getting deported after living in the US for years becasue they didn't take that step for whatever reason.

This is my own personal opinion.

Huh?!? Tons of people with 10-year green cards are getting deported because they didn't become citizens?!?

What in the world are you talking about?!? :unsure:

There's an immigration world out there outside of VeeJay. It's not my job to educate you Sir.

My point in this is to encourage anyone that can, to please complete their immigration journey by attaining citizenship as soon as humanly possible. There's a deportable difference between a GC holder and a USC.

There's an immigration world out there outside of VeeJay. It's not my job to educate you Sir.

My point in this is to encourage anyone that can, to please complete their immigration journey by attaining citizenship as soon as humanly possible. There's a deportable difference between a GC holder and a USC.

I can only assume you are talking about crimes that would get a USC jailed but an LPR getting deported.

Again it is a personal choice to weigh the pros and cons. You have made your decision and it is the right one for you but it doesn't make it the right one for everyone.

Encouragement is fine, judgment is not.

I can only assume you are talking about crimes that would get a USC jailed but an LPR getting deported.

Again it is a personal choice to weigh the pros and cons. You have made your decision and it is the right one for you but it doesn't make it the right one for everyone.

In case you missed this post in your zeal to make a rebutal. I specifically used the word encourage.

"My point in this is to encourage anyone that can, to please complete their immigration journey by attaining citizenship as soon as humanly possible. There's a deportable difference between a GC holder and a USC."

lyawo Ijebu must be on the wrong thread. Nobody is talking about any laws being broken here. :bonk:

By the way...he's not here to educate you either! He's not here to educate anyone! He doesn't believe that VJ is a website devoted to sharing information about the immigration process! And there is nothing you can teach him! It really makes me wonder what he's doing here. :bonk:

Tons of people are getting deported after living in the US for years becasue they didn't take that step for whatever reason.

^^^ By the way, that's not an opinion. :blink:

Everything is a personal choice, everything. IMHO you're either in or out. Tons of people are getting deported after living in the US for years becasue they didn't take that step for whatever reason.

You stated something as if it was a fact and then called it an opinion so you didn't have to answer any questions about it. That fact that you posted, by the way, is absolutely false and makes no sense. Please show me these 'tons' of people with 10 year green cards that are being deported for not becoming citizens.

You stated something as if it was a fact and then called it an opinion so you didn't have to answer any questions about it. That fact that you posted, by the way, is absolutely false and makes no sense. Please show me these 'tons' of people with 10 year green cards that are being deported for not becoming citizens.

So no worries then right?

Have a nice day.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.