SennaBrigante

Tourist Visa to Visit my Fiance

11 posts in this topic

Hi all. I met my bf/fiance online and as I mentioned in another thread, he's currently in probation so he can't leave the country. We haven't met personally but we do spend every spare minute everyday on Skype.

Anyway, I have applied for a tourist visa to the US before but I got denied. I was advised to keep trying to apply or wait until he gets off probation and for him to fly here before we apply for a K1 visa.

I will apply for a tourist visa again but during the interview, should I be explicit about my intentions? I will be staying with family in LA and he'll just fly there and stay with me until I have to leave. His work is flexible so he can stay as long as I am.

I was thinking of just saying to the consul that I will be going there for a vacation and I'll be staying with my relatives. Should I also mention meeting with my bf?

Thanks for the advice.

Married in Texas Sept. 16, 2013

Sent I-130 Nov. 3, 2013

Received NOA1 (email) Dec. 19, 2013

Requested Expedite Jan. 2, 2014

Approved Expedite Jan. 4, 2014

Case sent to NVC Jan. 15, 2014

Received NOA1 (mail) Jan. 22, 2014

NVC Received Case Jan. 27, 2014

Received NOA2 (mail) Feb. 25, 2014

NVC Assigned Case Number Mar. 11, 2014

Paid AOS Fee Mar. 29, 2014

Paid IV Fee Mar. 29, 2014

Submitted DS-260 Apr. 4, 2014

Mailed in IV packet Apr. 8, 2014

Submitted AOS packet Forgot the date

Case complete May 31, 2014

Medical Jun. 26, 2014

Interview Jul. 8, 2014

POE (LAX) Sept. 16, 2014

Paid ELIS May 16, 2015

Received GC May 23, 2015

I-751 Receipt Date July 5, 2016

ROC NOA July 15, 2016

I-751 Biometrics Aug. 5, 2016

ROC Approved Sept. 18, 2017
Received GC Sept. 25, 2017

CR1 Spousal Visa Guide

TBErp8.png

YEP0m5.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi all. I met my bf/fiance online and as I mentioned in another thread, he's currently in probation so he can't leave the country. We haven't met personally but we do spend every spare minute everyday on Skype.

Anyway, I have applied for a tourist visa to the US before but I got denied. I was advised to keep trying to apply or wait until he gets off probation and for him to fly here before we apply for a K1 visa.

I will apply for a tourist visa again but during the interview, should I be explicit about my intentions? I will be staying with family in LA and he'll just fly there and stay with me until I have to leave. His work is flexible so he can stay as long as I am.

I was thinking of just saying to the consul that I will be going there for a vacation and I'll be staying with my relatives. Should I also mention meeting with my bf?

Thanks for the advice.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

What is different now opposed to the last time you applied and were denied (aside from having a bf now)

good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Thanks for the advice.

What country are you from? IMO I would not mention the bf as they may think your intention is to come and get married and not return.

Don't let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

39tlivle4.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Yes, be honest with immigration.

Is he allowed to leave his state?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Thank you all for your replies!

Since the last time I applied, I've started my own business which I run with my sisters. It's not an empire or anything but it makes good enough money for all three of us to live comfortably. We live in the Philippines btw and our business requires us to make frequent travels to HK so my passport only has stamps from there.

My BF is allowed to leave his state but he needs to let his probation officer know about the trip first so that he can issue a travel pass or permit. Not sure what it's called.

I'm really on the fence about divulging our COMPLETE plans to meet up in LA because I'm worried about getting denied again which would make it twice as hard for me to get approved when I apply for the third time. It's really stressing me out and making me so anxious. And he's getting anxious too because I'm taking so long to go there and he's starting to doubt about whether I really want to be with him so it's been putting a bit of strain on the relationship.

I'm just hoping to get things right this time around.

Thanks again!

Married in Texas Sept. 16, 2013

Sent I-130 Nov. 3, 2013

Received NOA1 (email) Dec. 19, 2013

Requested Expedite Jan. 2, 2014

Approved Expedite Jan. 4, 2014

Case sent to NVC Jan. 15, 2014

Received NOA1 (mail) Jan. 22, 2014

NVC Received Case Jan. 27, 2014

Received NOA2 (mail) Feb. 25, 2014

NVC Assigned Case Number Mar. 11, 2014

Paid AOS Fee Mar. 29, 2014

Paid IV Fee Mar. 29, 2014

Submitted DS-260 Apr. 4, 2014

Mailed in IV packet Apr. 8, 2014

Submitted AOS packet Forgot the date

Case complete May 31, 2014

Medical Jun. 26, 2014

Interview Jul. 8, 2014

POE (LAX) Sept. 16, 2014

Paid ELIS May 16, 2015

Received GC May 23, 2015

I-751 Receipt Date July 5, 2016

ROC NOA July 15, 2016

I-751 Biometrics Aug. 5, 2016

ROC Approved Sept. 18, 2017
Received GC Sept. 25, 2017

CR1 Spousal Visa Guide

TBErp8.png

YEP0m5.png

Filed: Timeline

Thank you all for your replies!

Since the last time I applied, I've started my own business which I run with my sisters. It's not an empire or anything but it makes good enough money for all three of us to live comfortably. We live in the Philippines btw and our business requires us to make frequent travels to HK so my passport only has stamps from there.

My BF is allowed to leave his state but he needs to let his probation officer know about the trip first so that he can issue a travel pass or permit. Not sure what it's called.

I'm really on the fence about divulging our COMPLETE plans to meet up in LA because I'm worried about getting denied again which would make it twice as hard for me to get approved when I apply for the third time. It's really stressing me out and making me so anxious. And he's getting anxious too because I'm taking so long to go there and he's starting to doubt about whether I really want to be with him so it's been putting a bit of strain on the relationship.

I'm just hoping to get things right this time around.

Thanks again!

well, if you are contemplating lying to the VO, well, then be prepared for a denial. the VO will really want to know about this 'friend'...and since a huge number of young, single Filipinas often forget about where the airports are located in the US, and thus stay behind after their not too surprising mind change to marry and live with their BFs...you will have an uphill battle getting a visa....but the battle will be quickly lost if you try to play word games with the VO.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

From your original post it sounds like you have already shared the fact of having a BF with the consulate once... I would assume you checked having a fiance in the U.S. on DS-160

If so, I would not even think of trying to omit this on your second try... Besides the fact that you should not lie to immigration either way.

I applied for B1/B2 twice when I was still engaged to my husband with over a year gap between the attempts and in completely different circumstances - got denied twice nonetheless. Both times it was obvious that the reason was my US citizen fiance (from the comments made by the officers). We had K1 pending on the second try though.

Ended up having to wait till K1 got approved - that's the way it works.

Be honest and hope for the best. Good luck!

Uniting for Ukraine

2022-05-14 I-134 (1) Submitted

2022-05-17 I-134 (1) Case confirmed

2022-05-17 Beneficiary (1) e-mail received, USCIS account created

2022-05-17 I-134 (2) Submitted

2022-05-19 I-134 (2) Approved

2022-05-19 Beneficiary (2) e-mail received, added to travel group

2022-05-20 Information submitted to USCBP

2022-05-20 Travel documents received
2022-06-14 Arrived (Houston, TX)
2022-06-20 I-765 Sent
2022-06-24 I-797C NOA receipt
2022-07-20 ASC notice received
2022-07-24 Biometrics appointment

F4 Visa Journey
2014-04-24  I-130 filed

2022-03-02  Expedite request submitted
2022-03-07  Expedite request approved

2022-03-16  I-130 approved

2022-04-30  NVC case created

2022-05-05  Case not eligible for further processing

K1 Visa Journey
2006-10-10  I-129F filed

2007-07-24  K1 visa received

2008-04-11 - AOS filed

2009-03-24 - AOS approved

2011-01-11 - Lifting conditions filed

2011-03-21 - Lifting conditions approved

2013-02-02 - Naturalization filed

2013-05-09 - Naturalization approved

2013-09-24 - Oath ceremony

Filed: Timeline

I'm really on the fence about divulging our COMPLETE plans to meet up in LA because I'm worried about getting denied again which would make it twice as hard for me to get approved when I apply for the third time. It's really stressing me out and making me so anxious. And he's getting anxious too because I'm taking so long to go there and he's starting to doubt about whether I really want to be with him so it's been putting a bit of strain on the relationship.I'm just hoping to get things right this time around.Thanks again!

I understand. But if the CO asks "who are you visiting?" and you say relatives, when in reality you're there to visit your boyfriend, don't be surprised if you get accused of misrepresentation.

When you then later decide to get married to this guy and have him petition for you to move to the US with a K-1 or CR-1 visa, and the officer interviewing you for that sees that you've been lying to them before, you're in for a lot more trouble than simply a denied tourist visa.

Edited by jaejayC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.