Caroline and Phil

Missed my Oath Ceremony thanks to USPS!!!!

63 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Agree with Karin. Schedule an infopass. You can do it online: https://infopass.usc...ov/infopass.php

Oh thank you nwctzn, I will check it out and see if he can drive me there.

Caroline (Brazil) and Phil (USA)

yPnbm4.png

2003i9szfhw0aa.jpg

f2MWm5.png

View my Timeline

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

Oh no, I'm so sorry you are going through this. I know it won't make it up, but I am thinking about you and wishing you the best for this letter to arrive safely.

Day 0 - 2 May 2012 Mailed AOS package overnight delivery
Day 139 - 17 September 2012 Interview & APPROVED on the Spot!! :)
Day 145 - 23 September 2012 Received Green Card!

ROC - Eligible June 19 2014

Day 0 - 18 June 2014 Mailed ROC package via 2 day priority

Day 42 - 29 July 2014 Approval and Card Production Email

Day 49 - 5 August 2014 Received Green Card

Timeline

Oh no, I'm so sorry you are going through this. I know it won't make it up, but I am thinking about you and wishing you the best for this letter to arrive safely.

Thank you Sethless, it means a lot. :)

I called them again, as the email was saying and he said same thing, wait for the letter and follow the instructions. Tomorrow i will call my brother in law and see if he can give me a ride.

It was so close to the end that i actually passed it. Crazy. :unsure:

yPnbm4.png

2003i9szfhw0aa.jpg

f2MWm5.png

View my Timeline

Timeline

I am so sorry for all of your troubles. I suggest making an infopass appointment. It is really easy to do online and you can get better answers there than with the people on the phone. Have them verify that you really did miss your oath ceremony and ask if you can be rescheduled right away. I don't know if you can, but it's worth a shot. I really hope you can get this sorted out soon!

event.png

Timeline

I am so sorry for all of your troubles. I suggest making an infopass appointment. It is really easy to do online and you can get better answers there than with the people on the phone. Have them verify that you really did miss your oath ceremony and ask if you can be rescheduled right away. I don't know if you can, but it's worth a shot. I really hope you can get this sorted out soon!

Thank you Menina. :)

Yes, i want to try infopass, but i need a ride because I don't drive. Ugh! And my husband can't miss another day at work, since he is going to take me to my ceremony. Well, the officer I talked was very nice and he said it can be rescheduled (the ceremony was last Friday :crying: ). Do you think it takes long time? :(

I really want to try infopass, I will call my brother in law if he can do me this favor, he's super cool but he lives far from here.

I feel so stupid when I spent hours on the weekend trying to find a pretty dress for my ceremony on the weekend. :hehe:

yPnbm4.png

2003i9szfhw0aa.jpg

f2MWm5.png

View my Timeline

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Yep schedule and meet with an IO and double check your address.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Timeline

Yep schedule and meet with an IO and double check your address.

Thank you Bigdog, I will. My address I checked today with the ISO and it's correct. I am sure USPS delivered it at the wrong address. I called the Post Office and they said they will pay attention to my Immigration letters, I gave them my name and address, let's see now.

yPnbm4.png

2003i9szfhw0aa.jpg

f2MWm5.png

View my Timeline

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Well, I never had any problem with immigration letters before. What i think that happened it that USPS delivered it to a wrong address and the person who got the letter just destroyed it. Because I got some other people's mail here at home, then I just put it back in the mailbox so the right person can receive it. But it seems like not everybody does that. :angry:

yea not everyone does. Several years ago a book I ordered was delivered to the wrong address and it actually went to the apartment next to mine. This person signed and received my book and kept it in their place for a month! He said because he has many roommates, he thought it might belong to somebody... Even worse, USPS asked ME to go to his apartment and pick it up myself!!!!! BTW I called USPS over and over but they didn't do anything until the seller (a bookstore) contacted them. Sigh.

Really hope you'll get new ceremony date soon.

Married May 2011

10/07/2011: NOA1

12/15/2011: NOA2

01/12/2012: NVC case number arrived

01/13/2012: DS-3032 emailed

01/27/2012: Barcode arrived via e-mail

03/06/2012: I-864&DS-230 sent together

03/13/2012: RFE

04/16/2012: Additional documents sent

05/02/2012: NVC case complete

05/14/2012: Medical

06/04/2012: Interview--->approved

06/05/2012: Visa arrived in mail

LAX POE Review

I called USCIS and as our VJ friend Rocks suggested I asked to talk to an ISO (Immigration Services Officer) and he said my Oath date was last Friday, May 11th, after I told him that I was worried about my Oath letter that was never delivered (or it was delivered to another address and the person who got it never sent it back) . I almost cried while talking to him, just started "Oh my God, what am I gonna do now?" and he said a letter was sent to me today saying that for some reason I missed my Oath Ceremony, so he said now I have to wait for this letter to get to me and then send it back so they can reschedule my Oath Ceremony.

I am so upset, you guys have no idea! After a process that lasted over a year I got this additional delay.

What makes me mad, very mad is when I get people's letters on my mail I return them, even advertisement. So why some people receive our stuff, something important and they don't do anything?

Oh, God know, how I'm mad now, frustrated, and I knew there was something wrong, last week I called USCIS on Wednesday and the lady said I should allow 30 days, If she had transferred me to an Officer (something I didn't know we could do) I would have gone to my ceremony.

I'm here now, crying and I hope they reschedule it for me. :crying:

Oh and last night I had a dream that my oath letter was ripped and I was putting the pieces together to see the date. :angry:

I'm very sorry that happened. You have every right to be upset. I've read your posts about waiting for your oath ceremony letter and was kind of following whether you got it already, 'cause like you, I've also been waiting. And what happened to your letter is exactly what I'm afraid of. I had my interview April 23, and on May 2 they had an oath ceremony in my city which I wasn't part of, and that got me thinking if I was actually scheduled for that May 2 ceremony but just didn't receive the letter. I really hope that wasn't and won't be the case. I hope the rescheduling process will be quick for you and you'll be done with this soon.

We've had stuff delivered to our address wrongly, but sometimes USPS is stubborn about taking it back...we've put stuff back in the mailbox and they've taken it, only to deliver it to us again!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes Infopass appointment.

I've heard of people getting their Oath letter on the day of the oath as well. So it's not uncommon for this type of situation to happen unfortunately...

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

Timeline

I honestly don't know how long it will take, but I would think that adding one more person to the oath ceremony wouldn't be a problem, so hopefully the next date they have, they will let you go. I don't know if it is a USPS error or the USCIS saying they sent something they didn't. It seems like that happens sometimes. Just be very clear at your Infopass that you have been waiting for the letter and never received it, and they need to reschedule you for the ceremony. Good luck! Let us know as soon as you hear something. Hopefully the second letter they mentioned will be in your hands soon, and you can find out what steps you need to take.

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I called USCIS and as our VJ friend Rocks suggested I asked to talk to an ISO (Immigration Services Officer) and he said my Oath date was last Friday, May 11th, after I told him that I was worried about my Oath letter that was never delivered (or it was delivered to another address and the person who got it never sent it back) . I almost cried while talking to him, just started "Oh my God, what am I gonna do now?" and he said a letter was sent to me today saying that for some reason I missed my Oath Ceremony, so he said now I have to wait for this letter to get to me and then send it back so they can reschedule my Oath Ceremony.

I am so upset, you guys have no idea! After a process that lasted over a year I got this additional delay.

What makes me mad, very mad is when I get people's letters on my mail I return them, even advertisement. So why some people receive our stuff, something important and they don't do anything?

Oh, God know, how I'm mad now, frustrated, and I knew there was something wrong, last week I called USCIS on Wednesday and the lady said I should allow 30 days, If she had transferred me to an Officer (something I didn't know we could do) I would have gone to my ceremony.

I'm here now, crying and I hope they reschedule it for me. :crying:

Oh and last night I had a dream that my oath letter was ripped and I was putting the pieces together to see the date. :angry:

I feel your pain! I am less than 7 days from AOS interview and I haven't received my letter yet. It was returned to USCIS 'undeliverable' for some weird reason. I have been going back and forth with NCSC and to-date still haven't received it.

I have scheduled an infopass to try and see if they can print me a copy in the local field office. Weird thing about our letter is that we have received all other communication, NOAs, EAD, request for accommodation approval letter, SSN Card, et al... but this particular letter seemed like has been send back to USCIS twice.

Hope your oath can be rescheduled soon. best of luck in that.

AOS, ROC, N-400, & PASSPORT, FOR HUSBAND TO USC

[02/23, 2012]  - DAY 001  (day 0001) (AOS) Mailed package to Chicago Lockbox via USPS overnight
[06/01, 2012]  - 
DAY 099  (day 0099) 2-year Conditional GC in hand
[05/05, 2014]  - DAY 001  (day 0802) (ROC) Mailed package to Vermont Service Center via USPS overnight

[05/14, 2014]  - DAY 009  (day 0811) Received NOA1 (GC Extended for 1 year)

[01/14, 2016]  - DAY 620  (day 1421) 10-year GC in hand

[02/22, 2017]  - DAY 001  (day 1826) (N-400) Mailed package to Lewisville, TX, via USPS overnight

[01/10, 2018]  - DAY 323  (day 2149) (N-400) Naturalization Oath Ceremony (5 years, 10 months, 19 days)

[01/10, 2018]  - DAY 001  (day 2149) (US Passport) Applied for US Passport, regular processing

01/25, 2018]  - DAY 015  (day 2164) (US Passport) Passport in hand (5 years, 11 months, 3 days from start of Journey.)

AOS, N-400, & PASSPORT FOR DAUGHTER [OF HUSBAND TO USC]

[06/14, 2013] - DAY 001 Mailed package to Chicago Lockbox via USPS overnight
[11/21, 2013] - Day 153 SSN and 10-year GC in hand

09/01, 2021]  - (day 3001) (US Passport) Passport in hand (8 years, 2 months, 18 days from start of Journey.)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Except the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the Lord keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain. Psalm 127:1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.