yamila

I129f file cancelled..what can i do?

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

I just called the service center, and on October 2nd they cancelled my fiance's I 129f. I got mailed an RFE on June 23rd. The RFE got lost in the mail and I called to have it replaced. On August 11th I got a letter saying that my change of address was acknowledged and that my RFE would be resent. It did not say when. I called and asked in september when it might come, and they told me to wait. Finally 60 days passed and I called again, only to hear the terrible news that they have cancelled our case. What are my options? I am actually in argentina right now with my fiance. I called the office and one officer said that i couldn´t do anything. I called again and another officer said that she would talk to my case officer and call my house..but i am not there. she is going to talk to my parents, but i don´t know how much information she can give them..what can I do? this is terrible news!

2/20/2007--K-1 interview and approved visa!!!

3/14/2007--entry into the U.S

3/19/2007- civil wedding

3/21/2007--OAS papers mailed off

4/21/07 Biometrics appointment

6/20/2007--AOS interview in sacramento--almost aproved

I'm sorry that this has happened after all your waiting. Suggestion: It may be quicker to just refile and cut your losses, then to stuff around waiting longer for a response from the service center. If it was denied you could file a motion to reopen but I don't think this option is available for a cancelled petition. Someone hopefully has a definative answer on that.

All the best to you.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I'm sorry that this has happened after all your waiting. Suggestion: It may be quicker to just refile and cut your losses, then to stuff around waiting longer for a response from the service center. If it was denied you could file a motion to reopen but I don't think this option is available for a cancelled petition. Someone hopefully has a definative answer on that.

All the best to you.

That was my initial reaction as well... You could kill a lot of time going through the administrative process versus refiling....

YMMV

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Reading about this sort of thing makes me angry.

I-129F Timeline

07-14-06-I-129F Sent

07-16-06-I-129F Arrived in Chicago

07-20-06-I-129F NOA 1

07-27-06-Touched

10-23-06-Touched

11-18-06-Touched

11-22-06-Touched

11-24-06-Approved

11-27-06-Touched

12-04-06-NVC Received

12-06-06-NVC Left

12-14-06-Arrived at Consulate

01-04-07-Packet 3 Received

01-05-07-Packet 3 Sent

01-10-07-Medical Examination

02-13-07-Interview in Johannesburg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I would also probably just refile. But if you have the energy, I would

1) Contact your congressman and senator's offices to report this error. (Go to their website, download their privacy forms, fill out your information and fax to them. Then call to follow up and get the name of the case worker and the direct phone number/email address so you know who and how to contact). Maybe they can expedite a new case based on CSC's ####-up although it's unlikely

2) File a formal complaint with CSC.

Sorry this happened to you and good luck.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I wonder if re-filing would mean he'd have to do so with a waiver... I'd make them correct the mistake.

Bill

I-129f Journey:

2006-07-17 I-129F sent to CSC

2006-07-24 NOA1 (received)

2006-10-05 RFE (received)

2006-10-06 RFE (returned to CSC)

2006-10-23 NOA2

2007-01-29 Visa Approved!

2007-02-17 Ceremony in Thailand

2007-02-21 POE LAX - Fiance and her daughter enter the USA together, Easy-Peasy!

2007-03-05 Wedding in USA

AOS Journey:

2007-06-07 AOS for spouse and daughter sent

2007-06-16 NOA's arrive, (issued on the 13th)

2007-07-05 Biometrics

2007-07-13 Received RFE (Mailed on July 3rd)

2007-08-06 Returned RFE

2007-10-16 Interview date

2007-10-27 Green Cards Received!

ROC (I-751) Journey:

2009-07-24 Joint I-751 for spouse and daughter sent

2009-08-03 Received NOA1 dated 7/27/09

2009-08-03 Received Receipt and one year extension for wife

2009-08-03 Received "Verification Of Incusion Of A Dependent" for step-daughter

2009-08-27 Biometrics

2009-11-13 Green Cards Received

Citizenship Journey:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I just called the service center, and on October 2nd they cancelled my fiance's I 129f. I got mailed an RFE on June 23rd. The RFE got lost in the mail and I called to have it replaced. On August 11th I got a letter saying that my change of address was acknowledged and that my RFE would be resent. It did not say when. I called and asked in september when it might come, and they told me to wait. Finally 60 days passed and I called again, only to hear the terrible news that they have cancelled our case. What are my options? I am actually in argentina right now with my fiance. I called the office and one officer said that i couldn´t do anything. I called again and another officer said that she would talk to my case officer and call my house..but i am not there. she is going to talk to my parents, but i don´t know how much information she can give them..what can I do? this is terrible news!

what reason they gave for the cancellation?

CR-1, VT- Canada

I-130:

25 Aug 06 - Sent I-130 (a Friday)

28 Aug 06 - NOA1 & Certif. receipt returned ( a Monday) Day 1

29 Aug 06 - USCIS cashes check

30 Aug 06 - check cleared & 1ST TOUCH.

01 Sept 06 - NOA1 recvd by Mail

09 Sept 06 - 2ND TOUCH (a Saturday)

09 Mai 07 - NOA2 (2 e-mails)

Note: were told the long delay due to huge backlog and internal changes in VT

NVC :

04-June-07 - NVC generates DS-3032 & AOS bill

12-June-07 - AOS Bill payment sent/ alien receives DS-3032 form (by mail, dated 4th June)

13-June-07 - Alien sends back completed DS-3032 (by mail)/ rcvd 19th of June approx.

To mid July-07 - I-864 form sent completed and IV fee bill

19-July-07 NVC rcv I-864 form; mail signature rcvd.

22-Aug-07 Ds-230 with documents sent to NVC.

20-Sep - 07 Alien sends NVC Missing document. NVC receives it the 25th.

05-Oct - 07 NVC completed.

16-Jan - 08 Interview, 3 questions asked, visa approved same day, received 1week later approx.

Note: delay due to internal delay, missing document (not rfe) and self procrastination of understanding some abstract terms. C Post not at all reliable (delivery duration, delivery with signature (did not deliver personnaly), and delivery of interview letter rcvd after the interview).

In USA:

01-03-08 POE Entry in USA

...-03-08 2 Welcome in America letters and green card received.

"What I know is that I know nothing"

yamila,

This is awful news. I would stand by for a day or two, to see what might happen with that call. Clearly, this is not your mistake. I would suggest that if the case officer does not call within 48 hours, that you call them back and keep working that angle. They screwed up and hopefully will be able to fix it and rapidly.

Worst case, you can re-file, but as a last resort.

Please keep us posted.

Edited by William33

Timeline

They cancelled my case because I did not turn in the sufficient RFE information. (that is the RFE that I never got! I am legally working in Argentina right now in order to hang out with my fiance, and I could get married here...sooner than later and then go through all of the other kind of visa paperwork, but i don´t know which would be faster..to fight this one out, or to start a new process. any more advise? i got the number for the california senators and i will call them tomorrow.

1) Contact your congressman and senator's offices to report this error. (Go to their website, download their privacy forms, fill out your information and fax to them. Then call to follow up and get the name of the case worker and the direct phone number/email address so you know who and how to contact). Maybe they can expedite a new case based on CSC's ####-up although it's unlikely

Thankyou..i will do all these things tomorrow.

3/19/2007- civil wedding

Timeline

They cancelled my case because I did not turn in the sufficient RFE information. (that is the RFE that I never got! I am legally working in Argentina right now in order to hang out with my fiance, and I could get married here...sooner than later and then go through all of the other kind of visa paperwork, but i don´t know which would be faster..to fight this one out, or to start a new process. any more advise? i got the number for the california senators and i will call them tomorrow.

I don't know what is to be done, kitkat seems to know!!!...i try first to understand more...when you said you moved, was it in Argentina?...your initial petition then which was from the US, is made for petitionners who stay in US; then if you moved in a foreign country, at 1st sight, there is not the possibility to do it from the Embassy, the DCF??...and also, you said you "heard" you were cancelled...was it by phone or by letter??...if you did not receive any letter, then the person on the phone who told you that maybe made amistake..something to digg there to be clarified?? .I think they have by law to send you a letter of cancellation if it's the case...It seems to me they do not like when the person moves or is not reachable...they like stability! :)...otherwise it's like impossible for them to keep track of the papers and the paperwork or something like that...!!!

CR-1, VT- Canada

I-130:

NVC :

12-June-07 - AOS Bill payment sent/ alien receives DS-3032 form (by mail, dated 4th June)

13-June-07 - Alien sends back completed DS-3032 (by mail)/ rcvd 19th of June approx.

16-Jan - 08 Interview, 3 questions asked, visa approved same day, received 1week later approx.

Note: delay due to internal delay, missing document (not rfe) and self procrastination of understanding some abstract terms. C Post not at all reliable (delivery duration, delivery with signature (did not deliver personnaly), and delivery of interview letter rcvd after the interview).

In USA:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

i am so sorry to hear that. The same situation happened to us before and we ended up re-filing coz it might take more time to dig up the case from somewhere. As I always trying to warning people arround here... if you can... never change your address... The same problem ourred to us when I was changing my status... the process itself is complicated... make it simple.

Steve (WA,US) & Anne (SH,CN)

P1..............2004/10/04

P2..............2005/01/10

P3..............2005/04/07

P4..............2005/08/02

Interview.....2005/09/19

Married.......2005/10/29

Filed I-485...2005/12/17

RFE submit...2006/02/27

Interview......2006/08/31

Fingerprint....2006/09/07

wel letter......2006/09/19

I-551...........2006/10/02

Share my experiences with you, China-->U.S.

Check out my website : Click here

I am not an attorny, but someone did what you are doing or going to do.

Timeline

I don't know what is to be done, kitkat seems to know!!!...i try first to understand more...when you said you moved, was it in Argentina?...your initial petition then which was from the US, is made for petitionners who stay in US; then if you moved in a foreign country, at 1st sight, there is not the possibility to do it from the Embassy, the DCF??...and also, you said you "heard" you were cancelled...was it by phone or by letter??...if you did not receive any letter, then the person on the phone who told you that maybe made amistake..something to digg there to be clarified?? .I think they have by law to send you a letter of cancellation if it's the case...It seems to me they do not like when the person moves or is not reachable...they like stability! :)...otherwise it's like impossible for them to keep track of the papers and the paperwork or something like that...!!!

I have moved to Argentina..but not officially. i never changed my address and still receive all my mail in california. i am not a citizen of Argentina at all, i just wanted to hang out with my fiance. I have made this clear in my paperwork, although they haven´t even looked at my paperwork yet, since my packet was incomplete due to the missing RFE.

3/19/2007- civil wedding

Filed: Timeline

yamila,

US immigration attorney. Maybe you can find one practicing in Argentina, if not find one near your home back in the USA. Use the AILA attorney locator on their web site.

Where is your copy of the petition package, with you or in the USA?

Consider whether your short-term goal is interfering with your long-term goal, and decide which is more important to you.

Yodrak

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
yamila,

US immigration attorney. Maybe you can find one practicing in Argentina, if not find one near your home back in the USA. Use the AILA attorney locator on their web site.

Where is your copy of the petition package, with you or in the USA?

Consider whether your short-term goal is interfering with your long-term goal, and decide which is more important to you.

Yodrak

i agree with yodrak. you should decide what is more important. do you miss your fiance that bad that you have to move to argentina? some of the imbra recalled cases haven't seen their fiancees in 6 months or more. you should have finished your paperwork before running off to argentina.

I129F Vermont Service Center

I-129F Sent: 2006-03-21 I-129F NOA1: 2006-03-28 I-129F NOA2 : 2006-04-20

case sent back from overseas: 2006-05-22 because of IMBRA law

case received back at NVC: 2006-07-21

reopened at VSC: 2006-08-02

I-129F RFE(s) sent from VSC, email notice: 2006-08-03

I-129F RFE(s) received at my house:2006-08-09

RFE returned to VSC via USPS Priority Mail: 2006-08-10

RFE returned to VSC, email notice of receipt: 2006-08-15

Reapproval: 2006-08-29

Sent to NVC: 2006-08-30

Sent to Consulate: 2006-09-07

Consulate Received: Unsure

Received Packet 4: 2006-09-27

Interview Date : 10/12/2006

Entered USA : 10/31/2006 Married : 11/20/2006 SSN Received: 12/12/2006

AOS and EAD

Aos and I-765 Sent : 02/13/2007 via USPS Certified Mail

USPS delivery to Chicago Lockbox confirmed through Internet USPS tracking number: 2/20/2007

Check cashed : 03/02/2007

Noa for I765, I485 : 02/27/2007

Letter received for Biometrics : 03/05/2007

Biometrics Appointment 20 minutes : 03/16/2007

Email notifying I485 transferred to CSC : 03/19/2007

Letter received notifying transfer to CSC : 03/26/2007

Email notifying I485 case is pending at CSC : 04/17/2007

EAD Approved and Card Production ordered email : 05/07/2007

EAD Approval notice sent via snail mail: 05/10/2007 EAD Received : 05/11/2007

Email welcoming new permanent resident : 05/24/2007

2 Year Green card in hand : 06/01/2007

i-751

sent out packet via priority mail and delivery confirmation to Vermont Service Center: 03/23/2009

check cashed: 3/31/09 Noa: 4/1/09 Biometrics letter: 4/15/09 Biometrics Appt: 4/24/09 done

Timeline

I have moved to Argentina..but not officially. i never changed my address and still receive all my mail in california. i am not a citizen of Argentina at all, i just wanted to hang out with my fiance. I have made this clear in my paperwork, although they haven´t even looked at my paperwork yet, since my packet was incomplete due to the missing RFE.

Of course as Yodrak put it, you'll get support of a lawyer, a good one, specialized in these situations...For myself, and if that helps you, i'm a bit maniac of putting the chronology in order...in order to understand their thinking...how do they cope when something is missing, etc...You did not answer if you receive the letter saying you were cancelled...Of what you say...makes me think that they send you an RFE (for you means it was lost because you didn't receive it)..in the same time you were sending them a letter informing them you move in Argentina...you received that letter i think in August...awknowledging that change....When you say they did not look at your paperwork, are you sure about that?..or they did not look at it because they assument they send you an RFE and (was lost) and were waiting for the response...what explains the cancellation...

Well i dont know if im clear..but in any case...what i would do is 1st make sure they cancelled it...with written proof...because if not...this ambiguity let it by itself might come haunt you for the new step you will do...I am thinking of the case of a member on here called Pharmacist...try to read all about her...in short of what i have understood of her difficult case(more difficult than yours, so that will give you a bigger perspective in my opinion) , is that when 1 step is not totally finished and clarified, it can haunt the new step...because when they do the usual checkings on the petitionner/beneficiary, they will hit in their various computers....info of the ancient case...and they will then put on hold the process of the new one...to check more......And usually this is what i have read bassically from other lighter cases....so be very careful with unfinished stuff!...im quite new here...but of what i read in here...wemust understand we deal with a proceedure that is very defensive/ protective, for security purposes...which is logic...but not perfect of course......towards us...so my attitude is to put everything i can on their table...to be the more transparent i can with my stuff...and overall prepare myself how to articulate the situation..which is called obviously: paradoxal....there are methods to deal with that...in simple way but there is a lot of work...Hope it helps!!! :)

CR-1, VT- Canada

I-130:

NVC :

In USA:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.