cchhat01

AOS Transferrees' Thread

338 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi All,

I'm creating this thread because I feel there are others out there in a similar situation and who can also use the comfort of the support of others.

So please use this space to tell us your story since your case was transferred.

I'll start with my self for example.

My wife and I filed AOS/EAD/AP in February, of which the EAD and AP have been approved and received. Our case was transferred to CSC in March 2012 and we are now waiting for our sign.

In the meantime we try to pass the time by watching movies, going out with friends, going to family gatherings, exploring local cuisine, etc.

We're in the process of going to have her name changed with the SSA and then the DMV. Hopefully we can have her driving in no time. She's also starting looking into universities to see what would be good for her. She's put up her resume and is actively speaking with recruiters who to narrow down job opportunities that suit our needs.

Basically lots of things are moving, but we're just really waiting for the AOS to be approved. That would really give her the the go ahead with respect to university admissions. We don't want to rush anything but, it would be nice to have this process done and behind us so that we can look onto the things beyond this administrative process.

I know its there are others who have been waiting longer and I mean for this thread to be a support for us all.

Please join us.

Thank you.

Chigs

Spoiler

N400 Journey:

01-Mar-2017: Filed N400 Application

08-Mar-2017: Check Cashed

08-Mar-2017: NOA

06-Apr-2017: Early FingerPrints (Orig: 12-Apr-2017)

10-Apr-2017: Case In Line for Interview

10-Sep-2017: Interview Scheduled

20-Oct-2017: Interview, recommended for approval

01-Dec-2017: In line for Oath

08-Dec-2017: Oath Ceremony Scheduled SMS/Email

19-Dec-2017: Oath Ceremony

I sent mine too last Feb.22 and my case was transferred last March 20. I have my EAD on hand and wishing the AOS is as quick as my EAD.

AOS Journey

2-22-2012 - Mailed in AOS/EAD/ paperwork.

2-28-2012 - Return Receipt.

3-05-2012 - NOA I-797C received for I-485, I-765 and biometrics appointment for 3-29-2012

3-07-2012 - Sent Notice to Reschedule Appointment at local ASC by certified mail

3-10-2012 - Return Receipt

3-20-2012 - received text/email the case is transferred

3-24-2012 - NOA I-797C notice received that the case is transferred at CSC

3-30-2012 - Received NOA I-797 New Biometrics Appointment for 4-24-2012

4-24-2012 - BIOMETRICS and same day my I-765 status is in production

4-30-2012 - received text/email notification EAD is on my way

5-03-2012 - received EAC

9-10-2012 - GC/DOCUMENT PRODUCTION

9-11-2012 - CSC mail out the Welcome Letter

9-12-2012 - CSC mail out the Green Card

9-14-2012 - Welcome Letter received

9-15-2012 - Green Card received

ROC Journey

8-15-2014 - Sent I-751

8-18-2014 - I-751 Delivered

8-18-2014 - NOA I-797

8-20-2014 - Check Cashed

9-11-2014 - Biometrics Appointment

11-18-2014- Received email and text notification that green card is in production

11-19-2014- CSC mail out GREEN CARD

bzto184.png

xkNdm5.png

Hi All,

I'm creating this thread because I feel there are others out there in a similar situation and who can also use the comfort of the support of others.

My wife and I filed AOS/EAD/AP in February, of which the EAD and AP have been approved and received. Our case was transferred to CSC in March 2012 and we are now waiting for our sign.

In the meantime we try to pass the time by watching movies, going out with friends, going to family gatherings, exploring local cuisine, etc.

We're in the process of going to have her name changed with the SSA and then the DMV. Hopefully we can have her driving in no time. She's also starting looking into universities to see what would be good for her. She's put up her resume and is actively speaking with recruiters who to narrow down job opportunities that suit our needs.

Basically lots of things are moving, but we're just really waiting for the AOS to be approved. That would really give her the the go ahead with respect to university admissions. We don't want to rush anything but, it would be nice to have this process done and behind us so that we can look onto the things beyond this administrative process.

I know its there are others who have been waiting longer and I mean for this thread to be a support for us all.

Please join us.

Thank you.

Chigs

I feel on the same boat too eventhough in my situation right now is for my step children's cases.

Being transferred to CSC on Feb 28th and haven't heard a word since then :(

They've got their EAD & SS already, but it seems mean nothing because they can't travel abroad and have their joyful summer vacation.

My wife's case finished so fast. That was what worried me the most. But now..?

Why does it take so long for USCIS to process the minor children's cases?

I really have no clue at all :(

Thank you so much for starting this thread.

Let's hope and pray.

* Met online in January 2009

* Got married in November 2011

* Filed for Immigration purposes (AOS) on in January 2012 (sent the documents altogether with the children's)

* Check cashed on January 30th, 2012 (for my wife)

* Checks cashed on February 14th, 2012 (for my 2 step children)

* Biometric for my wife on February 27th, 2012

* Kids' cases transferred to CSC on Feb 28th, 2012

* Biometric for the children on March 14th, 2012

* Received EAD for my wife on March 30th, 2012

* Received EAD for the children on April 4th, 2012

* Interview for my wife on April 13th, 2012 (APPROVED on the spot)

* Still waiting for my step children's cases :(

hang in there

there is nothing u can do but wait..

atleast u have the EAD so begin with that...

:dance:

March 19th - received NOA

April 13th - Biometrics

May 03rd - notified of interview (06/13/2012)

May 06th - received interview letter in mail

May 11th - received notification of EAD card in production

May 19th - EAD in hand

May 23rd - Applied for SSC

May 29th - Received social security card in mail (card in hand)

June 13th - Interview (approved on the spot)

June 13th - got notification of approval

June 18th - Card in production (also received welcome letter in mail)

June 21st - Green Card in hand

End of this journey....

See you all in the Naturalization forums

hang in there

there is nothing u can do but wait..

atleast u have the EAD so begin with that...

:dance:

That's true. Nothing I can do, but wait. And this waiting game is so giving me headache.. LOL

My wife got her GC within 3 months period. We were surprised how smooth it went.

I just don't understand why my step children who are under 13 yrs old really take longer than the mother's case.

Do you think it's a good idea if I just go to CSC and ask them there?

They'll throw me out or not?? LOL

Yes, they have their EAD and SS already, but what we do hope is that we all can travel abroad together.

My wife really must travel to her country this month. She's ok to go because she has the GC already.

What if the kids need to be interviewed? Does my wife have to be there also?

Our lawyer said only me that's needed to be in the interview.

Is it true?

Did anyone have the similiar experience?

Thank you in advance for your help.

* Filed for Immigration purposes (AOS) on in January 2012 (sent the documents altogether with the children's)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

my case was transferred to CSC on September 26 LAST YEAR. (Correct, it was in 2011!)

And I am still hanging there and waiting. Don't know what happened or what will happen. Called 2nd tier officer in USCIS and no useful help. Contacted state Congressman and was told that there would be 2-4 weeks processing time for the congressmen office to deal with the case. It is the last day for that 'four' weeks today. Nothing happened yet.

I am doing school now. So am not too bored and actually very busy. Will go back to my country for the next 2 months, hoping no interview during this period.

Filed: Timeline

Transferred to CSC on Jan 3rd (this year). From what I read people transferred in November are getting GCs now (with the notable exception of 2011fall above).

I-485 was "touched" on March 29th, whatever that means.

Edit to add EAD and AP approved Jan 13th.

Edited by BobCray

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi All,

Please join us.

Thank you.

Chigs

We pretty much have the same timeline. My case was transferred to CSC too. Just went to SSA last Monday for name change. There is not much we can do with this waiting game. :-)

Edited by xtianj

POE - 11/05/09

Wedding - 01/19/10

AOS Sent - 02/08/12

NOA1 - 02/15/12

Case transferred to CSC - 03/18/12

Biometrics - 03/21/12

EAD card production - 04/04/12

EAD Card Received - 04/13/12

AOS Approval - card mailed 08/29/12

GC Received - 09/01/12

Thank you, Lord!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Nice thread idea . . .:)

I've moved this thread from the AOS General forum to the AOS Progress Update forum as it is really about each poster's individual 'progress' so far and is more appropriate in this forum.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I sent in my AOS paperwork on April 3, 2012. Got my Biometrics done May 1, 2012. Received I797C in the mail today May 12, 2012 that my case was transfered to the California Service Center for faster processing. Waiting for my EAD/AP to be approved.

I had sent in my AOS on December 7 2011. My case was transferred to CSC on January 17 2012. I received my EAD/AP on February 16 2012, and my Green card on March 21 2012, without an interview. It was a pretty quick process for me.

formerly sherrybaby

ROC Process

12-13-2013 * 90 day window to apply opens

02-24-2014 * ROC package sent to USCIS Vermont Service Center

02-25-2014 * ROC package received at USCIS Vermont Service Center

02-26-2014 * NOA1 notice date

02-28-2014 * Cheque cashed

03-05-2014 * Biometrics notice date

03-28-2014 * Biometrics Appointment in Baltimore

I mailed in the AOS on Dec. 1st,2011 and it was transferred to CSC on Dec 21,2011. Still no word since then.

My Journey:
Met online 2005
1st meeting in Jakarta: Oct. 7,2010 - Oct. 10,2010
I-129F Sent: Dec. 17,2010
I-129F NOA1: Dec. 29,2010
2nd meeting in Jakarta: March 12,2011 - March 16,2011
I-129F Approval: May 26,2011
NVC Received: June 6,2011
NVC Left: June 9,2011
Consulate Received: June 13,2011
Packet 3 Received: June 21,2011
Packet 3 Sent: July 14,2011
Packet 4 Received: July 8,2011
Interview Date: July 21,2011 Approved same day
Visa Received: July 27,2011
3rd meeting in Jakarta: Sept. 16,2011 - Sept. 19,2011
US Entry: Sept 20,2011 POE JFK
Marriage: Oct. 8,2011
Mailed AOS/EAD/AP Dec. 1,2011
NOA2: Dec. 5,2011
BIO Appointment Dec. 23,2011
I-485 Transferred to CSC Dec. 21,2011
EAD/AP approved Jan. 27,2012
COMBO card received Feb. 6,2012
RFE text: August 10,2012
Received RFE hard copy August 14,2012: missing 2 vaccinations & G325A not signed
Replied to RFE August 31,2012
USCIS receives RFE paperwork Sept. 4,2012
USCIS text: Sept. 18,2012 -- I485 card production ordered
Sept. 24,2012: Received Green card in mail
Earliest ROC file date June 15th, 2014

I-751 sent June 26th 2014

Delivered June 30th 2014

Received I-797 July 5th 2014

BIO appointment July 30th 2014

Received text/email 10 yr Green card production ordered January 16, 2015

Received 10 yr Green card January 26,2015

Mailed I-90 (typo on Green card) January 28,2015, BIO appointment February 23,2015, New GC approved on June 23rd, 2015, mailed on June 29th.

Citizenship file date June 15th, 2015

Applied October 22, transferred December 29. No word since. Phone calls and emails got us nowhere. Getting tired of this...

Yes, it is :(

I still don't understand why it takes so long for minor children to be approved when the mother's case done so fast.

Would you please add your Timeline on your signature here so we all could see please?

Thank you so much

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.