cchhat01

AOS Transferrees' Thread

338 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

For anyone who is still reading this thread, I just wanted to let you know that I received my greencard (wow, it's actually green!) last Friday, almost exactly one year after filing. :)

Not sure about anyone else, but I'm always reading, ready to provide input wherever I can.

Congratulations.

Enjoy your time with your significant other.

Chigs

Spoiler

N400 Journey:

01-Mar-2017: Filed N400 Application

08-Mar-2017: Check Cashed

08-Mar-2017: NOA

06-Apr-2017: Early FingerPrints (Orig: 12-Apr-2017)

10-Apr-2017: Case In Line for Interview

10-Sep-2017: Interview Scheduled

20-Oct-2017: Interview, recommended for approval

01-Dec-2017: In line for Oath

08-Dec-2017: Oath Ceremony Scheduled SMS/Email

19-Dec-2017: Oath Ceremony

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

@yonglin - Congrats! & thanks for your information...Im definitely starting to understand now...My husband wants to go to College, and we'd kinda like to get the rest of our life started sometime soon! We filed last June & have still not recieved Green Card. Im hoping he will recieve it at least before EAD expires! Planning to call and file a service request next week - any other advice on what to do to speed it up?

One more question, my employment has changed in the time since filing - is there any paperwork or updating that I need to submit as far as all that goes?

Thanks! :)

*Our K-1 Journey*

*11/7/11 - Sent I-129F Packet

*11/10/11 - Packet delivered to Dallas Lockbox

*11/16/11 - NOA1 Text/Email & Check Cashed

*11/19/11 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received (Notice Date 11/14/11)

*03/28/12 - NOA2 Text/Email (Notice Date 03/27/12)

*04/02/12 - NVC Recieved Package

*04/04/12 - NVC Sent Package to Embassy

*04/17/12 - Embassy emailed Packet 4 to me

*04/21/12 - USPS Interview Binder to Carlos

*04/26/12 - Carlos Medical Exam

*04/27/12 - Carlos receive Interview Binder from me

*05/04/12 - Carlos Interview 8:00 AM (Has to return with two more documents)

*05/14/12 - Carlos return to embassy with missing documents - VISA APPROVED

*05/18/12 - Carlos picks up VISA at Embassy

*05/19/12 - POE MIAMI

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: China
Timeline

8 months after the initial filing, and 7 months after being transferred, god has heard our prayers.

We are finally through with the AOS process...

What worked for us, I can't say for sure. But here's what we did.

On Oct 1, 2012 we made a service request by calling the USCIS national customer care number.

On Oct 4, 2012 we faxed the documents to the Congressman Ackerman and Senator Gillibrand (privacy release form with brief description and I-485 Receipt + Transfer Notice).

On Oct 5, 2012 we sent the documents to Senator Schumer (same docs as above).

Today morning (Oct 10, 2012) we got a call from Congressman Ackerman's office around 10:40 AM asking for my wife's signature on the privacy release form (which I had faxed). Probably they hadn't sent the inquiry on our behalf yet.

Oct 10, 2012 11:30 AM EDT I received an SMS (but no email even though I am registered to receive both forms of notifications) saying that our case status has been updated.

And voila...

I would like to thank everyone who kept us in their prayers. For those out there who have yet to be approved, just hang in there. Your applications will soon be adjudicated. Have faith.

Chigs

Congratulations.

Hello there,

We have been waiting long too. Last saturday phoned the USCIS and put in a service request. in 30 days wait for answer. Our case was transfered to local office. USCIS was saying our case is in Minnesota. Minnesota??????

And the wait goes on.............................

Greetings

John and Johanna

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there,

We have been waiting long too. Last saturday phoned the USCIS and put in a service request. in 30 days wait for answer. Our case was transfered to local office. USCIS was saying our case is in Minnesota. Minnesota??????

And the wait goes on.............................

Greetings

John and Johanna

Hi all,

On April 23, 2013, we ordered production of your new card. We is approved. Yeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Greetings

John and Johanna

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Green card received in mail; no interview!!! Hope this gives other CSC transferees still waiting the confidence to know that there is indeed light at the end of the verrrry long tunnel. -RK & Inday

K-1
May 4, 2006 - We first meet in Singapore
[March 2008 to October 2011] - RK visits Inday in Philippines; multiple visits
April 11, 2010 - RK proposes on Palawan Island; Inday says "Yes! Yes!"
Apr 4, 2011 - I-129F mailed
Apr 11, 2011 - petition received, NOA1, application routed to VSC
Aug 3, 2011 - NOA2! I-129F petition approved!! Yahoo!!!
Aug 10, 2011 - NVC forwards petition to Manila
Aug 17, 2011 - Petition arrives Manila
October 4, 2011 - Medical passed; thank you for answered prayer!
October 12, 2011 - K-1 Visa approved!! Thank you for more prayers anwswered!!
November 24, 2011 - POE! (Thanksgiving Day) Prayers answered!!!! Many Thanks!!!!
Feb 5, 2012 - Wedding Ceremony!

AOS
June 14, 2012 - AOS filed (EAD & AP concurrently filed also); sent via FedEx courier
June 19, 2012 - text notification indicating receipt AOS package
June 25, 2012 - hardcopy AOS, EAD, AP "NOA1"s (I-797C) received
June 29, 2012 - appointment letter for biometrics received (appointment: mid-July)
July 14, 2012 - Biometrics appointment: complete
July 18, 2012 - Case transferred to California Service Center notice received
August 27, 2012 - Combo EAD & AP card received

April 25, 2012 - Permanent Resident card (conditional) received; Yahoo!!! (no interview)

REMOVAL OF CONDITONS
March 28, 2015 - I-751 filed; sent via USPS priority mail, signature upon delivery requested

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.