HINNI81

interview done, but blue slip given

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

hi,

In my case my husband who lives in Pakistan received a interview date and he has all of his interview done and at the end they gave him blue slip that said refusal worksheet that's it nothing else. it doesn't say administrative processing or anything like that. they asked for my pregnancy test since i m expecting and they wanted doctors letter and my passport stamp from the time i visited Pakistan to make sure that i was in Pakistan with my husband when i became expected. they wanted proof that he is really my husband. this is so rediculous they don't believe my husband and think he is ineligible. i m having a baby in 3 months and need my husband here. the documents they wanted were sent to them and they have received it at the Islamabad embassy since 4 days, but so far my husband have not received his passport with visa or all the documents. why is it taking them so long and since the blue sheet does not say administrative processing than why is it taking them time to give him visa. i have given them proof of pregnancy, ultra sound pics, passport entry/exit stamps and the letter from my gynecologist as well now why is it taking them time to issue a visa. i m very worried i need my husband here during this time and they are sitting there wasting time. this should not take that long since all the proof is provided. so what does blue sheet mean with X mark saying ineligible, but providing proof of pregnancy will work. i have given that so what is next and how long will this take now? does anyone know? please do write details about anything anyone knows about this blue slip with no administrative processing what so ever. its only refusal with proof of pregnancy documents needed thats it. any info will be appreciated thx.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

you didn't give them a copy of the marriage contract or marriage certificate? Of course they need proof of a marriage to issue a visa

Sounds more like they are questioning if your husband is the father of your child. That is one reason they asked for that information. They may require a DNA test after the child is born, so dont be surprised. It has happened before.

Also, a child produced in the marriage does not prove a true relationship (Once quoted by a C.O. at an embassy at the time of a interview) I was not being mean....

As for the time that has passed since you gave them documents,it takes time, nothing is instant-matic with the government.

Try to relax, you have your child to think about and your health. Its just a bit more time.....

Best wishes on finishing your journey......

event.png

event.png

Timeline

They don't have to say specifically AP even if they are going to put him on AP. Yes it sounds like they wanted to see if he could be the father of your baby. Islamabad embassy is one of the most difficult to get thru without AP ... We have a real relationship but have been on AP 11 months. Just send them everything they ask for and expect it to take some time. I need my husband here too.. the baby misses him badly and the stress is affecting my health but all we can do is do what the embassy asks and hope for the best.

Document review can also take up to a couple of months or more... Try calling DOS and get updates... they told us when our requested docs had gotten there and when they were under review.. took about two weeks but there are those that has taken several months.... Hang in there...

Good luck and hopefully it won't take too much more time

Edited by EAbbas

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

What exactly does the blue slip say? Your description of the text is confusing.

Being pregnant does not expedite the processing.

Submit any documents requested in the blue sheet.

Be prepared for AP, it is typical for those interviewing in Islamabad.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

when you call up DoS Hotline on Monday and inquire for casefile status, please write here what they told you over the phone?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

I'm sorry you are going through this, but it is a major trial in patience dealing with Islamabad. Every case is different and they are very inconsistent. My hubby was also asked for proof of how I paid for my trips to Pakistan with the same refusal worksheet. When we sent the proof, the visa was printed about 17 days after that and he received the visa like a week after it was printed.

Unfortunately, the embassy does not care about pregnancy or children. Look at Eabbas, she has three children who really need their papa Adil in their life, but they are in 11 months AP. Another friend I know had her baby alone and her hubby arrived 3 months after she gave birth. I also know a woman who gave birth to her baby without her husband, but the baby was stillborn, and still they are waiting to be together... they can't even mourn the loss of their child together, it's heart breaking. No one said this will be easy... I know it's not what you want to hear, but we all have been through the wait, some shorter, some longer, but a wait none the less.

Our Journey

Met: 02/25/2010

Married: 08/12/2010

I-130 sent: 02/11/2011

NOA1: 02/14/2011

Request for expedite: 02/24/2011

NOA2-I-130 APPROVED!: 03/16/2011

Interview date: 7/7/2011

Visa in Hand!!!! 09/21/2011

POE JFK 09/24/2011

w2sb096jc.png

8zWqm5.png

event.png

Timeline

you didn't give them a copy of the marriage contract or marriage certificate? Of course they need proof of a marriage to issue a visa

I gave them everything they need all the docs, but after my husband's interview was done they gave him blue refusal sheets saying ineligible, but asked for few docs which were proof of pregnancy, doctor letter and copy of passport stamps to my country and said that submitting those docs will work, but so far no update except AP. i have submitted them already and i m waiting for their decision. according to embassy he is in AP.

Timeline

Sounds more like they are questioning if your husband is the father of your child. That is one reason they asked for that information. They may require a DNA test after the child is born, so dont be surprised. It has happened before.

Also, a child produced in the marriage does not prove a true relationship (Once quoted by a C.O. at an embassy at the time of a interview) I was not being mean....

As for the time that has passed since you gave them documents,it takes time, nothing is instant-matic with the government.

Try to relax, you have your child to think about and your health. Its just a bit more time.....

i hope they don't ask for DNA test they need doctors letter the got that i just hope this can be done quickly. i m praying lets see what my luck gives me.

thanks.

Timeline

Thanks for your comments they are helpful. I m just waiting for embassy to give me some good new or update soon. i hope they will issue a visa soon so he can be here with me.

THANKS TO EVERY ONE WHO IS POSTING A REPLY TO MY TOPIC I APPRECIATE ALL THE HELP AND COMMENTS, I WILL READ THEM OCCASIONALLY. IF ANYONE KNOWS ANYTHING NEW PLEASE WRITE IT. THANKS.

Timeline

They don't have to say specifically AP even if they are going to put him on AP. Yes it sounds like they wanted to see if he could be the father of your baby. Islamabad embassy is one of the most difficult to get thru without AP ... We have a real relationship but have been on AP 11 months. Just send them everything they ask for and expect it to take some time. I need my husband here too.. the baby misses him badly and the stress is affecting my health but all we can do is do what the embassy asks and hope for the best.

Document review can also take up to a couple of months or more... Try calling DOS and get updates... they told us when our requested docs had gotten there and when they were under review.. took about two weeks but there are those that has taken several months.... Hang in there...

Good luck and hopefully it won't take too much more time

HOW LONG DOES THE AP TAKE.IS IT DIFFERENT FOR EVERY CASE? I WILL TRY TO CALL DOS I DONT THINK THEY CAN HELP ME SINCE THE CASE IS IN AP. U R ON AP SINCE 11 MONTHS I HOPE MY HUSBANDS GET HIS VISA IN FEW DAYS SINCE ALL THE DOCUMENTS THEY ASKED FOR HAVE BEEN DELIVERED TO THEM. LETS SEE AND THANKS.

Timeline

I'm sorry you are going through this, but it is a major trial in patience dealing with Islamabad. Every case is different and they are very inconsistent. My hubby was also asked for proof of how I paid for my trips to Pakistan with the same refusal worksheet. When we sent the proof, the visa was printed about 17 days after that and he received the visa like a week after it was printed.

Unfortunately, the embassy does not care about pregnancy or children. Look at Eabbas, she has three children who really need their papa Adil in their life, but they are in 11 months AP. Another friend I know had her baby alone and her hubby arrived 3 months after she gave birth. I also know a woman who gave birth to her baby without her husband, but the baby was stillborn, and still they are waiting to be together... they can't even mourn the loss of their child together, it's heart breaking. No one said this will be easy... I know it's not what you want to hear, but we all have been through the wait, some shorter, some longer, but a wait none the less.

I M GLAD THAT UR HUBBY GOT THE VISA IN 17 DAYS. I M HOPING SINCE I HAVE PROVIDED THEM WITH ALL THE DOCS THEY NEEDED MY HUSBAND SHOULD GET A VISA IN FEW DAYS OR SO. I HOPE I M LUCKY AS U. I WISHED THE EMBASSY CARED ABOUT A WIFE WHO IS HAVING A BABY AND PROCESS THE CASE LITTLE FASTER, BUT I DON'T KNOW WHY THEY DON'T HAVE HEART. THEY PROBABLY HAVE CHILDREN OF THEIR OWN, BUT WHEN IT COMES TO OTHERS THEY TAKE SO LONG TO PROCESS IT. ITS VERY DISAPPOINTING. IT IS VERY DIFFICULT FOR ANY WIFE TO GO THROUGH PREGNANCY WITHOUT HER HUSBAND. I DON'T KNOW Y THEY HAVE TO MAKE THIS SO DIFFICULT. PEOPLE WHO NEED VISA BADLY THEY PUT THEM ON AP AND PEOPLE WHO DON'T NEED IT BADLY THEY GIVE THEM VISA QUICKLY. ITS MESSED UP I HOPE THEY DON'T KEEP DOING THIS TO THOSE PEOPLE WHO REALLY NEED IT. LIKE MY HUSBAND WHO I REALLY NEED AT THIS TIME, BUT THEY HAVE TO DO THEIR WORK AS WELL BECAUSE OF SECURITY. ANYWAYS THANKS FOR UR COMMENTS I WAS HAPPY TO READ UR COMMENTS AND WAS HAPPY THAT UR HUBBY GOT THE VISA IN 17 DAYS. GOOD LUCK AND PRAY FOR ME AS WELL. THX

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.