Electric86

any tips for refiling?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

We were denied for our first try, and are having another go. Any tips - has anyone done this before? We have amended what we believe to be the problem and hopefully it will solve all issues raised/reasons for denial from the previous application.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

We were denied for our first try, and are having another go. Any tips - has anyone done this before? We have amended what we believe to be the problem and hopefully it will solve all issues raised/reasons for denial from the previous application.

It has definitely happened before to many people; however, in order for any of us to try and help with advise on your chances, you will have to provide detailed information as to WHY you were originally denied. Trust me, it's not to be nosey.. it's because people get denied every day for different reasons...some can be easily fixed and others will not.

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

They said "insufficient proof of relationship." I think because my fiance is Indian, and in India to be "formally" engaged, you have to have a formal engagement ceremony (which we hadn't the first time). Now, we have had this ceremony with our families in attendance, his friends, etc. At least in India, thats a big deal.

Timeline

They said "insufficient proof of relationship." I think because my fiance is Indian, and in India to be "formally" engaged, you have to have a formal engagement ceremony (which we hadn't the first time). Now, we have had this ceremony with our families in attendance, his friends, etc. At least in India, thats a big deal.

Ahh ok. Yep, I've about the importance of the ceremonies.

What information to prove that you had met, at least once within the past 2 years, has you supplied the first time around? I'm sure that now, having had the ceremony, you'll have pictures you can add.

We were denied the first time on a stupid technical error on our part. We filed again Feb 2012. We were told it is not a problem just correct the reason for the denial. Breath and move on forward.

Good luck this time around I understand the frustration.

Terri

Fiance visa

04/28/2011 - I-129F - DENIED

02/18/2012 - I-129F petition filed
02/24/2012 - NOA1
09/04/2012 - NOA2, 193 days

Interview:10/22/2012
POE: 10/26/2012 (245 days)

Removal of Conditions

Filed for ROC - 06/09/2015

NOA1 for ROC - 06/12/2015

Biometrics appointment - 07/17/2015

Approval for ROC - 04/20/2016 (316 days)

Naturalization Process

N-400 Filed 06/10/2016

N-400 NOA1 06/14/2016

N-400 biometrics 06/20/16

N-400 interview 01/23/2017

N-400 Oath ceremony 02/10/2017

Immigration Process took 2116 days.

Timeline

I hope our chances aren't hurt by a previous denial?

Shouldn't be. There was a reason for that denial, and you have addressed the issue they presented to you good.gif

Just make sure to send AS MUCH evidence that you know each other as possible! Check out the VJ Guides for examples on what to send and also to double/triple check that you have all the documents you need http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

This is my second time applying. I am still waiting for NOA2 though. I hope it will work this time since I do meet all the requirements now. Good luck ;)

USCIS K-1 (I-129F) petition filled - 1st attempt

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=109857

USCIS K-1 (I-129F) petition filled - 2nd attempt

I-129F sent to Dallas, TX lockbox: 02/08/12

Service center: Vermont

NOA1: 02/13/12

NOA2: 07/30/12

Received at NVC: 08/06/12

Sent by NVC: 08/09/12

Received at Consulate in Haiti: 08/13/12

Packet 3 received: 08/22/12

Medical done: 10/10/12

Packet 3 sent: 10/18/12

Packet 4 received: 10/31/13

Interview: 12/03/12 (Result: ********)

POE date: **/**/12

y5goes4jm.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

It is possible to succeed the second time, we did. Our denial was rather silly but you overly address any issues and red flags and you should be fine.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

There are several posts/embassy reviews for India where couples were denied because their engagement party looked too much like a wedding and the CO said that they were married.

Look carefully at your proof and make sure your not including items that would go overboard and make someone think you are married. You may want to include notarized letters from attendees attesting to your engagement. This may have been overboard, but I provided Save the Season (as we didn't know the date) cards and a letter stating where we intend to marry and who we intend to invite and their contact information. I also included with our packet 4 pictures of my wedding shower.

Good luck!

Bec & Dipu

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : New Delhi, India

I-129F Sent : 2010-11-22

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-12-01

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-04-21

NVC Received : 2011-04-27

NVC Left : 2011-05-05

Embassy Rcvd : 2011-05-08

Pack 3 Rcvd : 2011-05-11

Pack 3 Sent : 2011-06-23

Pack 4 Rcvd : 2011-07-08

Interview : 2011-08-03

Visa Received : 2011-11-09

POE : 2012-01-13

Marriage : 2012-01-21

AOS/EAD Sent : 2012-02-13

NOA1 : 2012-02-22

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

There are several posts/embassy reviews for India where couples were denied because their engagement party looked too much like a wedding and the CO said that they were married.

Look carefully at your proof and make sure your not including items that would go overboard and make someone think you are married. You may want to include notarized letters from attendees attesting to your engagement. This may have been overboard, but I provided Save the Season (as we didn't know the date) cards and a letter stating where we intend to marry and who we intend to invite and their contact information. I also included with our packet 4 pictures of my wedding shower.

Good luck!

I like the idea of submitting a "save the season" and a list of invitees additional proofs. It sounds like a good idea. I'm considering doing so as well. Thanks for sharing Bec_Dipu ;)

USCIS K-1 (I-129F) petition filled - 1st attempt

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=109857

USCIS K-1 (I-129F) petition filled - 2nd attempt

I-129F sent to Dallas, TX lockbox: 02/08/12

Service center: Vermont

NOA1: 02/13/12

NOA2: 07/30/12

Received at NVC: 08/06/12

Sent by NVC: 08/09/12

Received at Consulate in Haiti: 08/13/12

Packet 3 received: 08/22/12

Medical done: 10/10/12

Packet 3 sent: 10/18/12

Packet 4 received: 10/31/13

Interview: 12/03/12 (Result: ********)

POE date: **/**/12

y5goes4jm.png

Did you include passport stamps, boarding passes, flight tickets/itineraries, pictures of you together, letters of intent to marry, various receipts from visits? These things can satisfy the "meeting within 2 years" requirement. I understand consulates can vary depending on location, and India has its own traditions. However, your petition receives approval or denial at the USCIS stage. In this stage, you must meet the requirements to file the petition regardless of how the consulate views your case. You can also provide emails, phone records, instant messages, skype records etc. to show your "evidence of ongoing relationship". This isn't required to have a petition approved, but since it is eventually going to India, it is probably a good idea to include a little evidence of your communication so the consulate can see this before your interview when you will be bringing more "evidence of ongoing relationship".

Our K-1 and AOS Journey

05/12-05/22/10-met my sweetheart and family(had lots of fun!)
12/13-12/26/11-met again for engagement/Christmas
04/10/12-I-129F petition sent
04/13/12-USPS delivery confirmation
04/18/12-NOA1 text/email
04/21/12-NOA1(receipt 04/17/12)
10/10/12-NOA2 text
10/15/12-NOA2 letter received
10/27/12-NVC letter received
11/28/12-Medical Exam-PASSED
12/07/12-K-1 Interview-APPROVED

02/12/13-POE-Atlanta
03/04/13-Wedding
03/27/13-AOS,EAD,AP delivered
04/03/13-NOAs text/email
04/08/13-NOAs received
04/26/13-Biometrics appointment(walk-in done 04/17)

06/03/13-EAD card production/AP post decision approval

06/10/13-EAD/AP combo card received

04/04/14-AOS card production/decision

04/11/14-NOA2 welcome to the USA

04/12/14-Received GC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

We were denied first time at New Delhi, now waiting for second K1 petition to be approved, hopefully we will get to be together this time.

I would personally suggest you to get married in India and apply for CR1.

what were your red flags?

Good Luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.