51 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Cashing the check would depend on how she did it. Checks can be deposited into a bank account without signatures (if both names are on the account) . She could then withdraw the money from the account. Be surprised if a court would prosecute her.

K-3

11/15/2006 - NOA1 Receipt for 129F

02/12/2007 - I-130 and I-129F approved!

04/17/2007 - Interview - visa approved!

04/18/2007 - POE LAX - Finally in the USA!!!

04/19/2007 - WE ARE FINALLY HOME!!!

09/20/2007 - Sent Packet 3 for K-4 Visas (follow to join for children)

10/02/2007 - K-4 Interviews - approved

10/12/2007 - Everyone back to USA!

AOS

06/20/2008 - Mailed I-485, I-765 (plus I-130 for children)

06/27/2008 - NOA1 for I-485, I-765, and I-130s

07/16/2008 - Biometrics appointment

08/28/2008 - EAD cards received

11/20/2008 - AOS Interviews - approved

Citizenship

08/22/2011 - Mailed N-400

Cashing the check would depend on how she did it. Checks can be deposited into a bank account without signatures (if both names are on the account) . She could then withdraw the money from the account. Be surprised if a court would prosecute her.

I knew a couple that was divorcing, he forged her signature on the tax return. This was after getting her to sign the return saying he would give her half the return check. Police just said to fight him in court over it. Unless you know someone, they're not going to get involved in what they will see as essentially a civil matter.

Also she doesn't need VAWA. She can remove conditions on her own after the divorce. In fact she's required to. What I don't understand is how she got him arrested. Making a claim with no marks shouldn't get him arrested. Was it claimed you came around when the protection order was in place? Were there no witnesses? How did she get the protection order in place? There's too much we don't know to really understand what went on between them. There's only really one path he can follow and he can't get her deported. He should just stay away from her and get the divorce done and move on. Nothing else he can do that will make this any better.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: Timeline

I knew a couple that was divorcing, he forged her signature on the tax return. This was after getting her to sign the return saying he would give her half the return check. Police just said to fight him in court over it. Unless you know someone, they're not going to get involved in what they will see as essentially a civil matter.

Also she doesn't need VAWA. She can remove conditions on her own after the divorce. In fact she's required to. What I don't understand is how she got him arrested. Making a claim with no marks shouldn't get him arrested. Was it claimed you came around when the protection order was in place? Were there no witnesses? How did she get the protection order in place? There's too much we don't know to really understand what went on between them. There's only really one path he can follow and he can't get her deported. He should just stay away from her and get the divorce done and move on. Nothing else he can do that will make this any better.

Signature: a civil issue not a criminal one unless convicted of forgery, a tough road between Spouses.

Arrest: Not exactly true, maybe the law was written that way but it's ultimately up to the decision of the Police Officer.

I am always saddened when I read these kinds of posts and I want to thank all that shares this deep emotional issues.

OP, if all this allegation is true then please move on, don't let her take more out of you than she already did. I know it's hard but I hope that you get to a better place soon. You're going to be wasting scarse resource towards an unworthwhile adversary. Divorce and move on, you were duped but no provable immigration fraud occured.

Edited by Iyawo Ijebu

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Ok, I just read that you have pictures of them together. I missed that before. Do you know when she met him?

Is there a possibility that she knew the guy before she came here? Because that might prove immigration fraud. You said he bought her airline tickets. Does he not live in the area? How and when did she meet him? And is she physically cheating on you? I would try to find out if she knew him before she got here. I'm sorry for your situation. Best of luck to you.

Moroccan-Americanflag.jpg

Met in December 2008

Married in Morocco December 22, 2009

Filed IR1/CR1 - April 2010

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

Response to RFE - December 22, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Paid AOS and IV Bill - January 27, 2011

Sent AOS/IV documents - March 15 2011

NVC received/signed for documents - March 17

Interview May 10

APPROVED

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

Is it at all possible that she knew the person she is cheating with BEFORE you brought her here? If you can find evidence of that then possibly you can show she used you to get to the US and him and show visa fraud? Just throwing senarios to look for possibly.

Edited for the below line:

Oops sorry seen someone already asked the same question.

Edited by JudyKCski

I-129F Sent : 10-04-2010

I-129F NOA1 : 10-12-2010

Touched: 10-21-2010

NOA2: 03-16-2011

Vermont Service Center

Interview: 05-18-2011

Fiance' Visa Approved: 12Jul2011

POE - Newark Airport November 20, 2011

Married: December 8, 2011

AOS package sent to Chicago Lockbox on Feb. 13, 2012

I-485 transfered to Laguna Niguel CA on March 17, 2012

EAD - received from Lee's Summit, MO on April 18, 2012

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You can not deport her, that is the job of USCIS to place her in removal proceedings -- all you can do is report her to ICE and USCIC if you feel she married you for the immigration benefit. They will make notes in her A-file. You can withdraw the I-864, which will cause her I-485 to be denied when she decides to file for ROC. This will cause her to be eligible for removal -- but even then, ICE will not drive to her residence to pick her up for deportation.

How can you withdraw an I-864 when she has a conditional green card. If it is possible I want to withdraw mine on my ex who used me to get her conditional green card. I didn't contact ICE, but I sent information and a witness statement to be put in her packet before she tries to ROC.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.