Mrs. Best

Someone please explain me before i get crazy trying to understand

16 posts in this topic

Hello everyone!

I am sure this is not the first time someone asks:

How do they process your information? How come that people that got their NOA1 or sent their I-130 form after you did are getting their NOA2 and you are still waiting?

I assume they all have differents agents working in different cases but...is it matter of luck who works on your form? or do they have different sections where they assigne the cases ex. Americas, Asia, Africa, Europe....

Do you know if they are organized somehow?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

Hello everyone!

How do they process your information? How come that people that got their NOA1 or sent their I-130 form after you did are getting their NOA2 and you are still waiting?

I assume they all have differents agents working in different cases but...is it matter of luck who works on your form? or do they have different sections where they assigne the cases ex. Americas, Asia, Africa, Europe....

Maybe yiu have red flags that need to investigate. That would cause a delay.

Filed: Timeline

It's generally first come, first serve basis. If you see someone who has an NOA1 date a week after you already got their NOA2, it's just pure coincidence - They got to theirs before you, but yours is likely coming up very soon. If you see some odd case where someone got NOA2 a month and a half before the rest of the same filers, it's either pure luck, or people who got expedites mostly. If you see people who got their NOA2 within 2 - 4 weeks, it's because they got an expedite.

Your case is still within normal processing time if you're at CSC.

Imagine all the petitions being stacked in boxes of 50 petitions each. Adjudicators will pick up a new box every time they're done with one box. There's not really any specific order in days, but it seems to go by month mostly.

Edited by jaejayC

Think of it like a line in a grocery store. A bunch of people are ready to check out at the same time. They each get in different lines to even out the work load for the cashiers, and hopefully to all finish at the same time. However, some lines take longer than others, because the person in front of them wanted to pay with pennies. Make sense? Remember, this is not electronic; it is all paper files, allocated to different adjudicators.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Think of it like a line in a grocery store. A bunch of people are ready to check out at the same time. They each get in different lines to even out the work load for the cashiers, and hopefully to all finish at the same time. However, some lines take longer than others, because the person in front of them wanted to pay with pennies. Make sense? Remember, this is not electronic; it is all paper files, allocated to different adjudicators.

Good visual aide. I still would love someone (a petitoner) to go and spend 1 week with a adjudicator and report back.

Those groceries not only the one paying in pennies. But you know the one who waits until everything is totaled than they take their flippin checkbook out and write it. Or the "price check", or the "I"m not old enough to ring up your booze I need a manager".:D

But still the people who just filed and no its not a DCF, expedite or USC abroad. I want to know was their some cookies or chocolate in that petition package.

A friend of mine submitted 15 lbs of evidence flew through from NOA1 to Visa approval in 5 months. Goodness. Luck of the draw I guess.

Just hold fast, be patient and meet some fun new folk here on the Visa Journey Love Boat. :)

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

It's generally first come, first serve basis. If you see someone who has an NOA1 date a week after you already got their NOA2, it's just pure coincidence - They got to theirs before you, but yours is likely coming up very soon. If you see some odd case where someone got NOA2 a month and a half before the rest of the same filers, it's either pure luck, or people who got expedites mostly. If you see people who got their NOA2 within 2 - 4 weeks, it's because they got an expedite.

Your case is still within normal processing time if you're at CSC.

Imagine all the petitions being stacked in boxes of 50 petitions each. Adjudicators will pick up a new box every time they're done with one box. There's not really any specific order in days, but it seems to go by month mostly.

what drives me f*ing nuts is that when going back to the "8 months" topic, that uscis told me that "it is not fair for other people waiting in line" while they process people out of order.

"Family time is very precious and you should cherish every moment of it."

01/20/12 - I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox.

01/26/12 - NOA1 received and processing at Vermont.

06/28/12 - NOA2 announced on status check.

06/29/12 - NVC received case learned on 07/2/12.

06/30/12 - Hard copy NOA2 received.

07/09/12 - NVC Casefile Number and IIN Issued.

07/16/12 - Receive and Sent DS-3032 via email.

07/17/12 - Mailed DS-3032 via mail, AOS bill received via email, paid online, Optin email sent.

07/18/12 - Optin accepted and new case number, AOS marked paid, emailed AOS packet.

07/24/12 - Assigned as Agent, IV Fee bill received via email, paid online.

07/25/12 - IV Fee marked paid, emailed IV packet.

07/31/12 - Emailed GZO Supplemental Packet 3.

08/02/12 - Case completed and commenced final review.

08/03/12 - Shipped all copies of forms/letters/documents to my wife - arriving on 8/9/12.

08/06/12 - Case completed final review.

08/09/12 - Appointment letter received via email interview date set 9/6/12.

08/14/12 - Medical exam done.

08/15/12 - Medical exam results all normal.

09/06/12 - Submitted required documents at the embassy and interview set next day at 0730.

09/07/12 - Visa approved, click here for review http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=10401 .

09/14/12 - Visa received on hand!

10/07/12 - Arrived at NYC! click here for review http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-poe-reviews.php?entry=15293

10/20/12 - Received welcome letter from USCIS.

10/25/12 - Green Card received!

"Nothing is more difficult than the art of maneuvering for advantageous positions." - Sun-Tzu

04/27/13 - Submitted DS-160 online for parent-in-laws and sister-in-law.

05/01/13 - Paid DS-160 or MRV Fee Payments on CGI Stanley.

05/03/13 - Made appointment for 05/16/13 on CGI Stanley.

05/16/13 - Arrived at GUZ and impromptu notice on the front it was closed.

05/30/13 - B2 visa interview passed! Read review here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/433263-b2-visa-was-approved-for-parentinlaw/ <p>

"Good ideas are not adopted automatically. They must be driven into practice with courageous patience." - ADM Hyman G. Rickover

08/08/14 - Mailed I-175 application.

08/11/14 - I-175 arrived at VSC.

08/18/14 - Received NOA1 with date 08/12/14.

08/27/14 - Received biometrics appointment for 09/09/14.

02/27/15 - GC in production from email notification.

03/02/15 - Received NOA2 with approval dated 02/25/15.

A friend of mine submitted 15 lbs of evidence flew through from NOA1 to Visa approval in 5 months. Goodness. Luck of the draw I guess.

Just hold fast, be patient and meet some fun new folk here on the Visa Journey Love Boat. :)

I personally think people who submit 15 lbs of evidence are just like the people who pay all in pennies.

AOS for my husband

ROC:

Hello everyone!

I agree with you...it seems that some countries are processed in a quicker amount of time than others. I've noticed this with the Phillipines as opposed to the complete process time of Nigeria. Maybe it is the different steps or systems. It seems they would be the same for anyone coming to the US, but the process seems to vary a little depending on what country you are immigrating from. It's also why all the questions asked by other VJ'ers don't always make sense to me. At least I know I'm not loosing it alone! :D

Just playin'

One thing I know for sure, God is in control and when our time arrives, we will be doing a happy dance too! Keep studying the process and following timelines from the same area you are trying to retrieve your loved one from. It will make your process easier and give you more concrete timeframe for your own process.

Filed: Timeline

I agree with you...it seems that some countries are processed in a quicker amount of time than others. I've noticed this with the Phillipines as opposed to the complete process time of Nigeria. Maybe it is the different steps or systems. It seems they would be the same for anyone coming to the US, but the process seems to vary a little depending on what country you are immigrating from. It's also why all the questions asked by other VJ'ers don't always make sense to me. At least I know I'm not loosing it alone! :D Just playin'One thing I know for sure, God is in control and when our time arrives, we will be doing a happy dance too! Keep studying the process and following timelines from the same area you are trying to retrieve your loved one from. It will make your process easier and give you more concrete timeframe for your own process.

Bottom line, the process is the same regardless of country. However, since various countries can differ extremely in terms of documentation, document standard, document reliability, laws etc., the post-petion process may differ slightly from country to country.

I have been thinking that maybe there is something wrong with me, but i dont remember doing something like: "bad"...i dunno hopefully my NOA2 will come soon.

Thank you for the explanation, you have no idea how it helped hehe...last night i couldnt sleep digging in my memories thninkng about something that could be stopping this process. (i really didnt find anything...)

Its so funny i posted this today and guess what??????????????????????? IM SO HAPPY

We were approved!!!!!! and it said:

El Mayo 8, 2012, le enviamos por correo una notificación de aprobación de este I130 PETICION DE UN INMIGRANTE REFERENTE A UN FAMILIAR, PERSONA COMPROMETIDA EN MATRIMONIO O HUERFANO. (translated...)

On May 8, 2012, we mailed a notice of approval of this I130 PETITION FOR ALIEN RELATIVE.

YAY!!!!

Im so happy...this is God talking to me everyday...saying...i do want you to be with Chris (i want to be with him too God :P(L))

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

congrats on your approval !!!

"Family time is very precious and you should cherish every moment of it."

01/20/12 - I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox.

01/26/12 - NOA1 received and processing at Vermont.

06/28/12 - NOA2 announced on status check.

06/29/12 - NVC received case learned on 07/2/12.

06/30/12 - Hard copy NOA2 received.

07/09/12 - NVC Casefile Number and IIN Issued.

07/16/12 - Receive and Sent DS-3032 via email.

07/17/12 - Mailed DS-3032 via mail, AOS bill received via email, paid online, Optin email sent.

07/18/12 - Optin accepted and new case number, AOS marked paid, emailed AOS packet.

07/24/12 - Assigned as Agent, IV Fee bill received via email, paid online.

07/25/12 - IV Fee marked paid, emailed IV packet.

07/31/12 - Emailed GZO Supplemental Packet 3.

08/02/12 - Case completed and commenced final review.

08/03/12 - Shipped all copies of forms/letters/documents to my wife - arriving on 8/9/12.

08/06/12 - Case completed final review.

08/09/12 - Appointment letter received via email interview date set 9/6/12.

08/14/12 - Medical exam done.

08/15/12 - Medical exam results all normal.

09/06/12 - Submitted required documents at the embassy and interview set next day at 0730.

09/07/12 - Visa approved, click here for review http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=10401 .

09/14/12 - Visa received on hand!

10/07/12 - Arrived at NYC! click here for review http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-poe-reviews.php?entry=15293

10/20/12 - Received welcome letter from USCIS.

10/25/12 - Green Card received!

"Nothing is more difficult than the art of maneuvering for advantageous positions." - Sun-Tzu

04/27/13 - Submitted DS-160 online for parent-in-laws and sister-in-law.

05/01/13 - Paid DS-160 or MRV Fee Payments on CGI Stanley.

05/03/13 - Made appointment for 05/16/13 on CGI Stanley.

05/16/13 - Arrived at GUZ and impromptu notice on the front it was closed.

05/30/13 - B2 visa interview passed! Read review here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/433263-b2-visa-was-approved-for-parentinlaw/ <p>

"Good ideas are not adopted automatically. They must be driven into practice with courageous patience." - ADM Hyman G. Rickover

08/08/14 - Mailed I-175 application.

08/11/14 - I-175 arrived at VSC.

08/18/14 - Received NOA1 with date 08/12/14.

08/27/14 - Received biometrics appointment for 09/09/14.

02/27/15 - GC in production from email notification.

03/02/15 - Received NOA2 with approval dated 02/25/15.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I understand how it can be out of order based upon the speed how an adjudicator processes 'their' box of petitions. I dont understand how if you search by receipt number for others with close numbers to yours, they have already had activity. Shouldn't EACxxxxxx543 and 544 be in the same box together? The one directly before mine is already past decision as of April 10, and the one directly after just got an RFE on 5/7.

It does seem like certain countries get privilege, like Haiti is on the DoS site as higher priority. They can be expedited for humanitarian reasons. But Cuba??? #######? Its not on the DoS list.

• 2 weeks later...

I understand how it can be out of order based upon the speed how an adjudicator processes 'their' box of petitions. I dont understand how if you search by receipt number for others with close numbers to yours, they have already had activity. Shouldn't EACxxxxxx543 and 544 be in the same box together? The one directly before mine is already past decision as of April 10, and the one directly after just got an RFE on 5/7.

It does seem like certain countries get privilege, like Haiti is on the DoS site as higher priority. They can be expedited for humanitarian reasons. But Cuba??? #######? Its not on the DoS list.

MangoAve: I have a tendency to think along your lines. Even if the USCIS process is the same, the following steps are not, it differs by country. It does seem that some visa's are expedited, like your example above, and others are are delayed, as I mentioned.

Either way, no man can close a door God has opened. So we're all just standing in line. :)

Why do you assume that numbers near yours are also the same type of petition/application? They are different, and different types of petitions have different processing times. You should not be sniffing around with fake/guessed numbers either, by the way.

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband

ROC:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.