adriv

i-129F (Approved) now what?>

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi guys,

Thanks for taking time to read this.

My "i-129F petition" has been approved exactly a week ago.

I tried calling everywhere to get further instructions on what to do next, and nobody seems to have a clue.

Last thing i did was to call NVC and provided my receipt# and they stated that it was not in the system yet... and again the magic word "YOU HAVE TO WAIT!".

I was just wondering if you could instruct/assist me on what to do next. Will the Consulate(Bogota,Colombia), notify me or should i apply for the interview online, or will my fiance get a confirmation letter :s

I cannot really find any helpful info regarding this particular Consulate

You should read the guides and checkout the flowchart that VJ provides so you know exactly where you are in your process.

Once NVC receives it and forwards it to the consulate, they will contact you about what to do next. But you should do these things in advance, as sometimes they take awhile to get (birth certificates, police records, etc)

Guide: http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

Flowchart: http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1flow

Edited by Coconuts

Also, if you haven't already, now is a good time to start frequenting the Colombia forum on VJ so you can ask embassy-specific questions of people who've been through the process, types of interview questions asked, etc. Good luck!

Part One: The K-1 Visa Journey:

USCIS Receipt of I-129F: January 24, 2012 | Petition Approval: June 15, 2012 (No RFEs)
Interview: October 24, 2012 - Review | Visa Delivered: October 31, 2012

Part Two: Entry and Adjusting Status:

POE: November 18, 2012 (at SFO) - Review
Wedding: December 1, 2012 | Social Security: New cards received on December 7, 2012.
AOS Package (I-485/I-765/I-131) NOA1: February 19, 2013 | Biometrics Appt.: March 18, 2013
AP/EAD Approved: April 29, 2013 | Card Received: May 6, 2013 | AOS Interview Appt.: May 16, 2013 - Approved Review Card Received: May 24, 2013

Part Three: Removal of Conditions:

Coming Soon...

"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." – George Carlin

http://www.visajourn...nal_Visa_Center

Send an email to NVC: NVCINQUIRY@state.gov

Subject must only contain your Case number.

in the message type what is recommended in the link above. It will take more than a week to process. I was told wait 15 days, but I got a response from NVC via email with a Bogota case number in 9 days.

Case Number: XXXXXXXXXXX

Petitioner's Name / Date of Birth: "FULL NAME" / DOB: "DATE OF BIRTH"

Beneficiary's Name / Date of Birth: "FULL NAME" / DOB: "DATE OF BIRTH"

My full name: "FULL NAME OF PERSON MAKING THE REQUEST"

Good morning,

"DATE OF NOA2", the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) mailed a notice that they have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E).

If all possible, would it be okay to request this information?

1. When in receipt of case file from USCIS (Vermont Service Center)

2. When the Bogota consulate case number is assigned and what is the number.

3. When the case file is sent to the Bogota consulate and the DHL tracking number.

4. When the case file is received at the Bogota consulate and it's logged into their system.

If you cannot, please feel free to send any status updates, relevant to my case to my e-mail below.

E-MAIL: "E-MAIL OF PERSON MAKING THE REQUEST"

And be prepared for "AP" Administrative Process!

Edited by OZ62

K1 VISA PROCESS
2011-10-24: I-129F Sent from Doral, FL to lock box, Dallas, TX
2011-10-31: Received USCIS NOA1 Letter
2012-04-02 (8:30AM): I-129F Approved. NO RFE!
2012-04-06: Received USCIS NOA2 Letter
2012-06-06: Interview / Approved!!!
2012-06-15: (2:20PM) POE Miami International Airport
2012-06-26: Married

AOS PROCESS
2012-08-31: Sent I-485 and I-765 applications from Doral, FL to lock box, Chicago, IL
2012-09-06: Case accepted and routed to USCIS National Benefits Center for processing
2012-09-13: Received both I-485 and I-765 NOA's (9/6/12) and the Biometrics appointment letter
2012-10-03: Biometrics taken
2012-11-05: I-765 - Approved - Employment Authorization Card production ordered
2012-11-09: I-765 - Employment Authorization Card mailed
2012-11-13: I-765 - Employment Authorization Card received

2013-07-05 (11:45AM): AOS Approved. NO RFE. NO Interview.

2013-07-11: Green Card mailed.

2013-07-12: Received I-797, NOA, Welcome to the USA

2013-07-15: Green Card received.

2016-04-06: Earliest Accepted ROC Filing Date

AOS Approved 7/5/2013:
308 days (10 months & 8 days) since AOS package was sent
302 days (10 months & 2 days) since NOA1
275 days (9 months & 5 days) since Biometrics taken

1PVym5.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi guys,

I tried calling everywhere to get further instructions on what to do next, and nobody seems to have a clue.

Last thing i did was to call NVC and provided my receipt# and they stated that it was not in the system yet... and again the magic word "YOU HAVE TO WAIT!".

I was just wondering if you could instruct/assist me on what to do next. Will the Consulate(Bogota,Colombia), notify me or should i apply for the interview online, or will my fiance get a confirmation letter :s

There's a ton of info in the Colombia Club threads located in the Mexico, Latin & South America forum. You will find anything you're looking for there and if not, just simply ask and someone will chime in to see if they can help.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hola !!! recien inicio el proceso de K-1 visa y este website es increible, toda la informacion que he revisado es muy util y me ha ayudado con muchas dudas que tenia, lo unico con lo que sigo confundida es despues de que I-129 is approved do i need to submitt for( REceiveNOA2) again the I-129 form (copy with all evidence again that i met my fiance abnd again letters of intentof marry him plus I-134 is that correct?

Thanks alot I think this website is awwwwwwwwwwwwesome!!!

Hola !!! recien inicio el proceso de K-1 visa y este website es increible, toda la informacion que he revisado es muy util y me ha ayudado con muchas dudas que tenia, lo unico con lo que sigo confundida es despues de que I-129 is approved do i need to submitt for( REceiveNOA2) again the I-129 form (copy with all evidence again that i met my fiance abnd again letters of intentof marry him plus I-134 is that correct?

Please use English when you're not in the regional forums. It will get you the proper advice you're looking for.

If I understand what you're asking, you're wondering if you have to submit the I-129F form again after it's approved? No. Please check the guides and flowchart so you know what to do after your approval. Once it's approved, it's going to the embassy, and they have other requirements. I-134, birth certificate of beneficiary, police records, ongoing relationship proof, etc.

Edited by Coconuts

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

Hi guys,

MY I-129F started getting processed on January 3rd, Its May 20, and I am flipping out. I did it with a very experienced immigration lawyer. Who told me not to give the Vermont service center the I-184 or the I-134 because I need joint-sponsors which I do have, but he said it was not necessary to give that to the Service center, once she arrives in USA I can do this. But i went onto the website for US Embassy in Bogota, and now they say it is required, what can I do? im freaking out.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

MY I-129F started getting processed on January 3rd, Its May 20, and I am flipping out. I did it with a very experienced immigration lawyer. Who told me not to give the Vermont service center the I-184 or the I-134 because I need joint-sponsors which I do have, but he said it was not necessary to give that to the Service center, once she arrives in USA I can do this. But i went onto the website for US Embassy in Bogota, and now they say it is required, what can I do? im freaking out.

You and your co-sponsor will have to fill out a I-134 form and add the supporting evidence for it. You should ask in the regional part of the forum http://www.visajourn...-south-america/ to see exactly what the Embassy in Bogota will ask from you (pay stubs, taxes, etc) after you received NOA 2, a lot of things become Embassy specific.

The I-184 is the one that you won't need to get done until your fiancee is in the States, and you both have married.

I suggest you read the Step by Step guide to get acquainted with the process, even if your lawyer is doing all the work; you'll want to know how things work to be on top on the situation.

K1 Guide http://www.visajourn...content/k1guide

K1 Flowchart http://www.visajourn.../content/k1flow

Edited by Celeste & C

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Each consulate has their own specific forms and procedures. You need to know how it works and what is needed for Juarez.

You can call the NVC to see if it has arrived in Juarez. You need to get your CDJ case #, invoice # and beneficiary ID # from the NVC before you can fill out the DS-260: 603-334-0700

Juarez will send the USC and the beneficiary in Mexico a letter. Sometimes the letter does not reach the person in Mexico because of the crappy mail system there. If the only one that receives it is the USC, it can be mailed or scanned and emailed and printed out by the beneficiary in Mexico. It does not have to be the original.

The letter you receive points you to the sites where the instructions, forms and place to schedule your appointment and interview is. The letter is the only 'packet' you will receive. You should go to the links listed in the letter. The letter will be needed by the K-1 applicant at their ASC, medical and interview in Juarez, along with the confirmation page from the DS-260.

Here are the forms: http://ciudadjuarez.usconsulate.gov/fianceforms.html , instructions (very important to follow and they explain a lot): http://photos.state.gov/libraries/ciudadjuarez/231771/PDFs/packetk10412.pdf , and CDJ info: http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Mexico&cty=Juarez

You fill out an I-134 and provide a letter from employer, latest tax transcript and a few months worth of your most recent pay stubs. You can check the example form here on VJ for filling it out: http://www.visajourney.com/examples/Form-I-134.pdf

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.