ginmartini

late for filing removal of conditions

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

You are just lucky. Congrats !...... I guess like I said before it depends on discretion of the IO who has handled your case.

Please note you and I had this discussion in another thread here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/365456-was-my-i-751-accepted-or-not/

You said in that thread:

My friend, there is no guarantee of anything in this world. Everything is up to the discretion of the IO who's handling your folder & every case is different.

But what I'm saying is " Under her circumstances she will be rejected " , that is the LAW !..... I would be so surprised If she doesn't get rejected.

So in the above thread you said that the OP's WOULD be rejected... even though the OP in that example already had an NOA1, just like the current thread's OP. You said the NOA1 meant nothing and went on to explain about your friend.. HOWEVER now in this thread you state that in your friends situation they simply got a rejection (not an NOA1)... so which is it?

Were you able to find out more about your friends case? Have you finally decided that late filing isn't ALWAYS going to end in going before a IJ? Have you decided that an NOA1 IS an acceptance of late filing? You can't have it both ways... I will be referencing this thread in the above thread so that they are tied together so people don't freak out seeing your advice there when it differs to the advice/results here.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Please note you and I had this discussion in another thread here: http://www.visajourn...ccepted-or-not/

You said in that thread:

So in the above thread you said that the OP's WOULD be rejected... even though the OP in that example already had an NOA1, just like the current thread's OP. You said the NOA1 meant nothing and went on to explain about your friend.. HOWEVER now in this thread you state that in your friends situation they simply got a rejection (not an NOA1)... so which is it?

Were you able to find out more about your friends case? Have you finally decided that late filing isn't ALWAYS going to end in going before a IJ? Have you decided that an NOA1 IS an acceptance of late filing? You can't have it both ways... I will be referencing this thread in the above thread so that they are tied together so people don't freak out seeing your advice there when it differs to the advice/results here.

Oh wow. I wish I had seen this comment before. I was freaking out after Cino's comment that you can have your check cashed and still have your I-751 rejected. But I'm calm now that I got the extension.

--Ginmartini

event.png

You said in that thread:

Is the I-797, Notice of Action actually an automatic reply to everyone that files an I-751? The attorney states that a clerk just accepts the money and issues a receipt (the I-797). And that once an examiner reviews her application, it will get denied.

You see I am not the only one who said that, even JP's Immigration Attorney did say the same thing. Like I said before DEPENDS ON IO'S DISCRETION !.....

As my stupid friend's case, he has not sent any explanation/apology for being late, maybe that is why his wife has been rejected, I don't know. There are double standards in every company, every office.

Every IO has been trained for laws & procedures but guess what, they don't have to follow exactly same paths always. I rest my case, thank you. Next subject please :D .

"Patience is the key to the paradise (US Citizenship, in our case)"

Timeline

You see I am not the only one who said that, even JP's Immigration Attorney did say the same thing. Like I said before DEPENDS ON IO'S DISCRETION !.....

As my stupid friend's case, he has not sent any explanation/apology for being late, maybe that is why his wife has been rejected, I don't know. There are double standards in every company, every office.

Every IO has been trained for laws & procedures but guess what, they don't have to follow exactly same paths always. I rest my case, thank you. Next subject please :D .

Please refer to the reply here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/365456-was-my-i-751-accepted-or-not by another poster. It does NOT depend on the IO's discretion so much as the procedures they must follow. You said your friend sent no explanation... that explains the rejection because it's part of the requirements if filed late.

Please refer to the reply here: http://www.visajourn...accepted-or-not by another poster. It does NOT depend on the IO's discretion so much as the procedures they must follow. You said your friend sent no explanation... that explains the rejection because it's part of the requirements if filed late.

R u still on this subject ? Get over it, man or woman whoever you're. That's OK !.... Shall I repeat again "Next Subject please." :D

"Patience is the key to the paradise (US Citizenship, in our case)"

R u still on this subject ? Get over it, man or woman whoever you're. That's OK !.... Shall I repeat again "Next Subject please." :D

Ahem,

We're all here to be encouraging to one another. Your posts didn't seem to be serving that purpose. You also come across as arrogant. I'm glad the OP's situation turned out well for her, but she could've done without your horror stories.

THE JOHN (UK) AND CAMIE (US) SHOW

K-1

[*]I-129F Sent : 2009-02-19 [*]I-129F NOA1: 2009-02-23 [*]I-129F NOA2: 2009-03-23 [*]John's Medical: 2009-05-11 [*]John's INTERVIEW - APPROVED!!: 2009-06-08 [*]VISA ARRIVES!!: 2009-06-12 [*]Camie Goes to England : 2009-06-18 [*]Our POE : 2009-06-24 [*]Got married and went to Jack-in-the-Box : 2009-07-07

AOS

[*]AOS Package Sent: 2010-02-13 [*]AOS Package Delivered (per USPS): 2010-02-15 [*]USCIS Email Confirmation (WOO HOO!!): 2010-02-23 [*]AOS Fee Check Cashed: 2010-02-23 [*]USCIS Status Check Available Online: 2010-02-24 [*]I-485 NOA1 Received and touch : 2010-02-26 [*]I-765 NOA1 Received and touch : 2010-02-26 [*]Biometrics: 2010-03-18 (letter received 2010-03-08) [*]EAD CARD RECEIVED: 2010-05-06 [*]INTERVIEW: 2010-05-21 - APPROVED [*]RECEIVED GREEN CARD: 2010-06-17 - Lakers FTW, then off to Disneyland to celebrate!

ROC

[*]I-751 Package Sent: 2012-05-18 [*]I-751 Package Delivered (per USPS): 2012-05-19 [*]CSC Fee Check Cashed: 2012-06-06
[*]I-751 NOA1: 2012-06-07 (dated 2012-05-21)
[*]Biometrics: 2012-07-16 (letter received 2012-06-25) [*]RFE: 2013-01-18 (responded on 2013-04-08)
[*]I-751 APPROVED: 2013-04-25 (dated 2013-04-19)

[*]10-Year GC Received: 2013-06-17

Christopher Midian Chance - 7lbs., 5oz., born 11-19-14 :wub:

Filed: Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Please note you and I had this discussion in another thread here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/365456-was-my-i-751-accepted-or-not/

You said in that thread:

Vanessa and Tony, thanks for jumping in here. I'm JP, from the thread you are referencing. I was raising my eyebrows in disbelief as to what Cino was responding. Almost a 180 from what he replied to me.

Ginmartini: Please keep positive. We filed my wife's I-751 4 months late and we just received our NOA2 (appointment for Bio) today. Also, please note that the attorney being referenced is not my attorney. We were pretty much in a panic mode on a weekend night and decided to reach out to an on line attorney to get their opinion.

Best to you and your case. Please continue to keep us posted as I am doing the same over in my thread.

JP

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

And that makes two of you wrong. Please stop. It is acceptable to file late WITH an explanation it is NOT a violation of the LAW, it is in compliance with the LAW which gives that provision. Enough already. Good grief.

And good news, JP now has his biometrics letter. Do they send those to everyone also?

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

The purpose of public forums is to allow the review of answers for the benefit of member so that wrong answers can be rebutted, Corrected. It is going to happen. Sure has happened to me. and the best thing a member can do when they are wrong is

1, Say it. Oops, I was wrong "I stand corrected"

2. Thank the member that provided the correct answer

3. Wish the OP good luck

4. Make note of the correct answer for future use.

OR

4a. disregard 1-4 above and Just go away

hanging around beating a dead horse for 38 posts to try and prove you are "right" simply does no one any good. Most especially not the people trying to help with correct answers.

The issue of filing late has been covered so many times with the same result it is rather surprising to see someone take the position that it is somehow a disaster. It is barely a nuisance. There are provisions in the instructions just for such a case. There is no history of member after member being denied and deported for filing late

The NOA1 for Removal of Conditions, receipt, unlike other receipts, conveys an important immigration BENEFIT to the holder. It is an official document that is to be used to facilitate WORK and international TRAVEL. It IS NOT SENT to everyone. Period. Information to the contrary from ANY source is WRONG. The receipt of the extension letter following a late application with an explanation MEANS they accepted your explanation and are moving forward. Period. From that point, your I-751 is just like anyone else's

It does not mean you are, or will be, approved. That is a separate issue.

Edited by Gary and Alla

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Ginmartini: Please keep positive. We filed my wife's I-751 4 months late and we just received our NOA2 (appointment for Bio) today. Also, please note that the attorney being referenced is not my attorney. We were pretty much in a panic mode on a weekend night and decided to reach out to an on line attorney to get their opinion.

Best to you and your case. Please continue to keep us posted as I am doing the same over in my thread.

JP

Thanks for the kind words. I am staying positive and will keep us posted.

--Ginmartini

event.png

• 5 weeks later...
Timeline

I forgot to keep my promise to "keep you posted"

So after getting my NOA I received my biometrics appointment for June 6th (this past Wednesday). I went and got it done in like 10 minutes. So far this is all I can share. I hope I don't get a RFE. But so far it seems that being late didn't cause too much trouble or as much trouble as I first expected (I was a complete mess when I first realized what happened crying.gif) I'm trying to stay positive and I hope the best for everyone biggrin.gif

--Ginmartini

event.png

Timeline

I forgot to keep my promise to "keep you posted"

So after getting my NOA I received my biometrics appointment for June 6th (this past Wednesday). I went and got it done in like 10 minutes. So far this is all I can share. I hope I don't get a RFE. But so far it seems that being late didn't cause too much trouble or as much trouble as I first expected (I was a complete mess when I first realized what happened crying.gif) I'm trying to stay positive and I hope the best for everyone biggrin.gif

Congrats!! It's all progressing like normal :) Sure you might still get RFE'd but you haven't been rejected and that's all that matters at this point :D

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.