26 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

But is there any evidence that it serves a function? I mean people cook up theories that if the use tabs and dividers in their petitions that they will get processed sooner. Any case law to establish that an approval by USCIS negates the ability of a consulate to deny a visa for the factors presented to USCIS?

Actually, yes. I promise to get it back here, post it. It's a combo of caselaw and 9FAM.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Granted the petitioner was married 3 times, why would that be a red flag? She didn't petition before and if she provides the divorce decree's in the petition I'd say that shouldn't be a problem. Age diff, Middle Eastern men get petitioned by older woman all the time,hopefully that's the norm over in Jamaica. Good luck guys.Front load your app and address any red flags in it and you should be fine.

The Buddha said "The more loving the more suffering"

By birth is not one an outcast,

By birth is not one a noble,but

By action is one an outcast,

By action is one a noble.

Buddha.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Actually, yes. I promise to get it back here, post it. It's a combo of caselaw and 9FAM.

Great, thanks.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I had a friend in same situation, she was naturalized US Citizen and he was from JA, she has been divorced prior to them meeting at least 3 times. She did not come to the US as a k-1 or I-130 though. Regardless, he was younger, and she applied throught the same K-1 process and did not have any more problems with approval than anyone else.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

That's a shame, really.

It was discovered over at candleforlove.com, circa 4.8 years ago. MOST GUZ filers do it, regardless of visa type (K-1, IR-1, CR-1)

It's O K that you've never heard of it. Truly. Peg it into the category of 'a new thing for Gary' , soonish. Seems to be gospel at GUZ IV, though, which is the important bit ;)

I appreciate all the feedback but am a bit lost on the abbreviations you guys sling around.....What is GUZ?

I had a friend in same situation, she was naturalized US Citizen and he was from JA, she has been divorced prior to them meeting at least 3 times. She did not come to the US as a k-1 or I-130 though. Regardless, he was younger, and she applied throught the same K-1 process and did not have any more problems with approval than anyone else.

That's kind of what I thought but thanks for making my day with your post!

I shall not try to estimate what a consulate officer will think of your previous relationships. We may as well argue the number of ghosts that can dance on the head of a pin. They are what they are. Your age is what it is. You aren't gonna be gettin' any younger. USCIS will not care as long as you are "free to marry" so no worries there. Jamaica seems to be a middlin' difficult consulate.

That said

1. Do not lie or misrepresent anything anytime to anyone

2. ANY red flag can be overcome by sufficient evidence of a "legitmate relationship which was not formed for an immigration benefit" Whether you do that or not is up to YOU and no one else. Go heavy on evidence.

3. Next, decide if you want to marry him. If yes, then do the deed as best you can. If not, then you had a good time and move along.

there really is nothing you can change, you can only "manage". "Fend" as they say. I'm not worried, you can do it.

You seem to have a level head and you are obviously well informed. Thank you for your encouraging words!

• 11 months later...

How fun to re-read this post almost a year later, knowing that my love will arrive in two weeks and everything went very smoothly - love prevails!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

How fun to re-read this post almost a year later, knowing that my love will arrive in two weeks and everything went very smoothly - love prevails!

Congrats! star_smile.gif

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

• 7 months later...

Aaaaand Green Card received! Life is awesome!

Thank you for writing back!! Congrats on your marriage and approval!

-I am the Beneficiary-
event.png

K1 (I-129F) petition filed in August 2013 (Approved Feb 20th 2014)
13th May 2014: AOS (I-485) & EAD/AP combo card
21st May 2014: NOA 1 and biometric letter
11th June 2014: biometric appointment
13th June 2014: RFE received via mail
16th June 2014: replied to RFE
6th August 2014: EAD Approved, AP still in initial review
12th August 2014: got tracking number for EAD
( ) August 2014: Received EAD (I forgot what date I got them but I did receive them less than 5 days from the 12th)
10th September 2014: Interview Waiver received (I wished I was interviewed)
April 23, 2015, we registered your permanent resident status and mailed you a Welcome Notice

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the K-1 Case Progress subforum -- core of thread pertains to that phase, even though OP has passed the AOS phase. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.