36 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Last week my fiancee had her interview and was given a 221g requesting additional photos of me with her family. We submitted them the following day. This morning, She called me, informing me that the embassy called her to inform that the CO has reviewed the additional evidence, and would like to see/talk to us both together.

Not possible, as we have both since returned home.

Any opinions or advice would be appreciated

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Last week my fiancee had her interview and was given a 221g requesting additional photos of me with her family. We submitted them the following day. This morning, She called me, informing me that the embassy called her to inform that the CO has reviewed the additional evidence, and would like to see/talk to us both together.

wow.gif There's no way you can go back again? I don't see them approving the visa if you cannot comply with the Consul's request... ....... blush.gif... Maybe someone has more info and can help you.

I wish you the best and I'll keep you in my prayers!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I think If they want to meet u together they are suspecting a fraud in your relationship and they want to ask u questions about each other to make sure its a real relationship so u ll need to go if u want your fiancee to be your wife

K1 visa process
06/08/2011 I-129 sent
06/11/2011 I-129F NOA1 (Receipt)
09/23/2011 I-129F NOA2 (Approved)
10/11/2011 Package Received By NVC
10/11/2011 Package Left From NVC
10/16/2011 Received By Consulate
10/20/2011 Rec Instructions (Pkt 3)
11/09/2011 Complete Instructions (Pkt 3)
01/21/2012 Rec Appointment Letter (Pkt 4)
02/21/2012 Interview Date (K1 Visa)
02/21/2012 Interview Result Approved
02/29/2012 K1 Visa Received

03/16/2012 US Entry
03/19/2012 Marriage

Our AOS process
03/29/2012 AOS I-485/ EAD I-765/ AP I-131 filed
04/04/2012 NOA1 for AOS/ EAD/ AP
04/23/2012 Case transferred
05/08/2012 Biometric Appt Date for AOS and EAD
06/01/2012 EAD and Ap approved
06/09/2012 EAD and Ap combo card received
08/24/2012 AOS Approved
09/09/2012 Green Card received with no interview

Removing Conditions

05/27/2014 I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center

05/30/2014 Package Received

06/02/2014 NOA1

07/07/2014 Biometrics Appointment

12/01/2014 case transferred for California service center

01/13/2015 Second Biometrics appointment

01/23/2015 case approved

01/31/2015 Card Received

Timeline

I think If they want to meet u together they are suspecting a fraud in your relationship and they want to ask u questions about each other to make sure its a real relationship so u ll need to go if u want your fiancee to be your wife

We were in Moscow all of last week for her physical exam, and interview. There is no way either of us can afford to travel back there, especially on such short notice. I live on the west coast, she in Siberia. We both work full time, and couldn't get the vacation time needed either. Just not possible. Moscow is a very expensive city to visit. We had been preparing for the interview all winter.

They have my contact information...all the CO has to do is call, or write.

Timeline

wow.gif There's no way you can go back again? I don't see them approving the visa if you cannot comply with the Consul's request... ....... blush.gif... Maybe someone has more info and can help you.

I wish you the best and I'll keep you in my prayers!

She mentioned to the CO that I was waiting outside, during the interview...I was there if he wanted to see us together. I was looking forward to addressing any questions or concerns...that's one of the reasons I was there. Another is that I could not imagine not being there beside here during this process.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Go back. Planes and trains go both ways

Edited by Gary and Alla

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

We were in Moscow all of last week for her physical exam, and interview. There is no way either of us can afford to travel back there, especially on such short notice. I live on the west coast, she in Siberia. We both work full time, and couldn't get the vacation time needed either. Just not possible. Moscow is a very expensive city to visit. We had been preparing for the interview all winter.

They have my contact information...all the CO has to do is call, or write.

If they want you back and you do not go, your visa will be denied and your petion will be returned to USCIS and you will have to file a new one.

They say. You do.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

If they want you back and you do not go, your visa will be denied and your petion will be returned to USCIS and you will have to file a new one.

They say. You do.

Not possible, both financially tapped after week stay in Moscow. No vacation time available for either of us, and I could never get an entry visa quick enough. The embassy only asked if it was possible for us to meet with the CO, they didn't demand it. They know a helluva lot of logisitcs are involved regarding travel to Moscow from the west coast, and siberia.

Thanks for your opinions and advice!

Timeline

Not possible, both financially tapped after week stay in Moscow. No vacation time available for either of us, and I could never get an entry visa quick enough. The embassy only asked if it was possible for us to meet with the CO, they didn't demand it. They know a helluva lot of logisitcs are involved regarding travel to Moscow from the west coast, and siberia.

Thanks for your opinions and advice!

Good luck.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Seems a little extreme for the Moscow Embassy, at least I've never heard a story like this. Is there something special about your case that might raise a red flag?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

If you do not go you will most likely not get a visa. It's as simple as that. Set your priorities. Do you want the visa? Or do you want to keep living where you are living without each other and re-file all over again and wait another year?

Of course they "requested" you to be there since they can't order you to do anything. But, if you don't comply with them they are also free to do whatever they want, which is, they will probably deny you.

Timeline

Seems a little extreme for the Moscow Embassy, at least I've never heard a story like this. Is there something special about your case that might raise a red flag?

We can't think of anything, other than the fact that my fiancee has a daughter attending school over here on a student visa. All legit! I figured maybe they are just using the request for additional photos of me with her family to buy time going over my I-134. At the interview, they said all the information and documents were good...just want more photos (not of me and her...but of me and her family!) Well, they got what we could manage to print out at the hotel, the following day.

Approx 15 more.

Timeline

If you do not go you will most likely not get a visa. It's as simple as that. Set your priorities. Do you want the visa? Or do you want to keep living where you are living without each other and re-file all over again and wait another year?

Of course they "requested" you to be there since they can't order you to do anything. But, if you don't comply with them they are also free to do whatever they want, which is, they will probably deny you.

Believe me, if we could both manage another round in Moscow......We would be there!

Timeline

We can't think of anything, other than the fact that my fiancee has a daughter attending school over here on a student visa. All legit! I figured maybe they are just using the request for additional photos of me with her family to buy time going over my I-134. At the interview, they said all the information and documents were good...just want more photos (not of me and her...but of me and her family!) Well, they got what we could manage to print out at the hotel, the following day.

Approx 15 more.

Regarding her daughter, she's a good kid...and believe me, if I ever suspected any shenanigans, I would personally bounce her home so fast, her feet wouldn't touch the ground!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

If I read your post correctly, you've had no direct communication with the Consulate regarding wanting you to return -- only what your fiancee has relayed to you.

If that's the case, the FIRST thing you need to do (and should have done already) is contact the Consulate (call or email) and find out what THEY say regarding wanting you to come back.

Moscow is generally a fairly easy consulate and in almost a decade of following the activity of the Moscow consulate I've never heard of them requesting the US citizen to come in for an interview for a K-1.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.