36 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

You know, my fiancee has been really good at keeping up on things at the embassy site. She mentioned something about this to me, and I told her...no, I am not authorized to attend the interview. But you make sure the CO knows I am outside waiting in case he/she wants to address any concerns. I made that very clear.

Well, now I see that it is okay for the petitioner to attend, even encouraged! So, why was no effort made to come out and get me?????

My two cents, strange they were calling your woman to "transfer" something to you. Who can prove this when they had your phone number, they had your e-mail and address? Sure they will not refuse this fact? So, write e-mail to them, possible send to all known embassy emails, yes, make it formal, all information about petition, case, you, your woman on top. Say you were outside of embassy at the time of interview and Mr.CO was informed about it but didn't let you go in. And also say that you know that your woman got that call asking you to come to embassy, say you have no choice for now and invite them to discuss everything via phone, give again your phone number(keep it available day and night cause of time difference). They will not contact via emails(cause it's material proof), but will call you back.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Thanks to everyone for your helpful advice, and good karma! We decided to just let the process work itself out for the last few weeks. She suddenly received the approved visa/packet via courier service.

By the way, I would put up a darn timeline if I could get it figured out. Overall for us, the K-1 process has been within the official time window. For everyone waiting through the petition process, hang in there! USCIS will eventually put down the pipe, and get you through. :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.