Him & Me

Need to take the next step with my Petition K1

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Hi Dear lovely VJ poeple,

I got my NOA2 and now need to contact NVC to inquire about my case number for the next step to our visa journey, but I need your help. I read through the information some of you great poeple asked, added or responded, however, I am still confused. I need to have a list of things I must do, so here are my Qs....

1) When calling NVC, what I need to ask them and what information I need to give them?

2) When I get my case number from NVC, what is next? What forms and documents I need to have ready and where to send those?

3) Do I pay any kind of fee to NVC, if yes for what and how?

4) When to send the package I have ready for my fiance's interview, when it comes to that time?

5) What should I expect next once I have submitted the forms and documents required/ requested by NVC?

These are some of the questions I can think of now, but please add anything you can think of to help me with my next journey. As always you guys are great can't do it without you guys' help and guidance.

Thanks,

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1flow

Have a look at the flow chart.

You ask NVC for the US embassy case number.

You do not pay anything until the interview time. NVC only gives a case number and mails it to the US embassy, they do nothing else with K-1 petitions.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1flow

Have a look at the flow chart.

You ask NVC for the US embassy case number.

You do not pay anything until the interview time. NVC only gives a case number and mails it to the US embassy, they do nothing else with K-1 petitions.

Thank you for your reply! I read somewhere that I need pay invoice to NVC online, is it right?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thank you for your reply! I read somewhere that I need pay invoice to NVC online, is it right?

No I already answered that. You do not pay anything to the NVC the NVC does nothing with the case but give it a number and mail it to the US embassy.

No forms - No payments - No nothing. Everything is done at the US embassy level.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

That's for spousal visa, not the K-1 fiance visa process. As Inky said, NVC will just assigned a case number to your case and forward it to your embassy.

When you call NVC, just ask if they received your case yet, and if yes, what is the case number. When the case number is assigned, they will usually tell you when they're going to send your case to your embassy.

That's all you have to do with NVC. Then your embassy will contact you and send you the instructions of what to do next. You should discuss with people that went through the same embassy so you can keep you inform of how do they proceed then.

Edited by didopage

K-1 Visa Timeline AOS Timeline

- Aug 31st, 2011 - Mailed I-129F package - May 29th, 2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package

- Apr 13th, 2012 - Visa received - Aug 24th, 2012 - Green Card received

ROC Timeline

- May 19th, 2014 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

- Aug 8th, 2014 - Green Card received

N-400 Timeline

- Dec 29th, 2021 - Filed online. Got notice that biometrics will be reused.

- Now waiting...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I got my NOA2 and now need to contact NVC to inquire about my case number for the next step to our visa journey, but I need your help. I read through the information some of you great poeple asked, added or responded, however, I am still confused. I need to have a list of things I must do, so here are my Qs....

1) When calling NVC, what I need to ask them and what information I need to give them?

2) When I get my case number from NVC, what is next? What forms and documents I need to have ready and where to send those?

4) When to send the package I have ready for my fiance's interview, when it comes to that time?

5) What should I expect next once I have submitted the forms and documents required/ requested by NVC?

These are some of the questions I can think of now, but please add anything you can think of to help me with my next journey. As always you guys are great can't do it without you guys' help and guidance.

Thanks,

Wow these are questions you should have answered way before receiving your NOA2.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Thanks,

Hey MK! Please complete your profile and Timeline... that will always help others give you the appropriate replies for your case.

K1 visas and CR1 visas, both deal with NVC but in a WHOLE different way. Which of these two have you applied for?

Timeline

my fiance's interview

I assumed they filed for a K-1.

- Aug 31st, 2011 - Mailed I-129F package - May 29th, 2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package

ROC Timeline

N-400 Timeline

- Now waiting...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I assumed they filed for a K-1.

Yeah, I did too. But lately.. between the people calling their fiance(e)...wife/husband and the members on CR1 ones posting on the K1 area.. I felt compelled to request more info rofl.gif

Timeline

Yeah, I did too. But lately.. between the people calling their fiance(e)...wife/husband and the members on CR1 ones posting on the K1 area.. I felt compelled to request more info rofl.gif

:lol:

ROC Timeline

N-400 Timeline

- Now waiting...

Timeline

No I already answered that. You do not pay anything to the NVC the NVC does nothing with the case but give it a number and mail it to the US embassy.

No forms - No payments - No nothing. Everything is done at the US embassy level.

Ok. Thanks for the response. I filed for K1 visa just to clairfy that. I am the petitioner and my fiance is the beneficiary. I have given my email address to the USCIS, but not my fiance's, when I call the NVC should I give his emial address so the embassy contact him? Any suggestions? Will the NVC take the email address? Thanks so much

Timeline

That's for spousal visa, not the K-1 fiance visa process. As Inky said, NVC will just assigned a case number to your case and forward it to your embassy.

When you call NVC, just ask if they received your case yet, and if yes, what is the case number. When the case number is assigned, they will usually tell you when they're going to send your case to your embassy.

That's all you have to do with NVC. Then your embassy will contact you and send you the instructions of what to do next. You should discuss with people that went through the same embassy so you can keep you inform of how do they proceed then.

Thank you for your reply. I am the petitioner, will the embassy contact me or just my fiance the beneficiary?

Timeline

Thank you for your reply. I am the petitioner, will the embassy contact me or just my fiance the beneficiary?

The embassy will only contact the beneficiary now, because she/he is the one applying for the visa (you were the one applying for the petition).

Edited by didopage

ROC Timeline

N-400 Timeline

- Now waiting...

Timeline

The embassy will only contact the beneficiary now, because she/he is the one applying for the visa (you were the one applying for the petition).

Thank you! Maybe you could answer this question too please. When I call the NVC and ask about my case number, do you think they will write my fiance's (the beneficiary) email address to contact him for his interview or any required documents?

Timeline

Thank you! Maybe you could answer this question too please. When I call the NVC and ask about my case number, do you think they will write my fiance's (the beneficiary) email address to contact him for his interview or any required documents?

It depends how your fiance's consulate works. Some consulates send the instructions by mail, some others by email and some others, you need to go directly to the consulate take the instructions. You can give them your fiance's email address if you want (or maybe they will ask you... I don't remember if it's NVC or the Department of State who asked me my email address when I called them one day). :)

Edited by didopage

ROC Timeline

N-400 Timeline

- Now waiting...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.