Fiance.

I guess all the ppl in the world love american, eh!

228 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi!

Just an intrigue question, will everyone in this world immigrate to USA? well looks like it, I guess will come the day that the wait will be like for ever to get this K1.

What are the other countrys in the rank for imigration? Do you guys know it? I just wondered since never expected so many ppl doing it.

Thank you

Edited by Fiance.
ticker.png

I don't know if there is such a ranking. If there is, I'm assuming the US, Canada, Western Europe, Australia, NZ and parts of east Asia top it.

I tried getting my wife to Norway a while ago. They wanted a $1,000 filling fee, an affidavit from me of $40,000 annually for the past three years and 6 months processing time. Bureaucracy is bureaucracy.

Edited by jaejayC

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Bureaucracy is bureaucracy.

:thumbs:

And while many love America some come over here with nefarious intentions.

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: Country: Poland
Timeline

Hi!

Just an intrigue question, will everyone in this world immigrate to USA? well looks like it, I guess will come the day that the wait will be like for ever to get this K1.

What are the other countrys in the rank for imigration? Do you guys know it? I just wondered since never expected so many ppl doing it.

Thank you

No, my fiancee (currently wife) didn't want to come here. She has tried just about everything to convince me to move to her. Unsuccessfully.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

In most countries the percentage of people wishing to move to America is very small. I met thousands of people while working in Ukraine and NONE expressed any desire to move to America. Alla did not really have any desire to either, (she was not advertising, we met by chance) and we kept a place in Ukraine but in the end we decided that US citizenship would be a good opportunity for the children.

Even if one considers the marriage websites one will see that a very tiny percentage of Ukrainian women are using them. There may be 10,000 or 25,000 women on those sites ( a lot of them duplicate listings) but there are 25 million women there! Even ONE PERCENT would be 250,000 women. And many of the women advertising are not necessarily wanting to move to America. So Ukraine, famous for "mail order brides" has perhaps 3/10ths of 1% of women open to the idea of marrying a foreigner.

I believe Americans have a hugely inflated idea of how many other people want to come here. While it is a LOT in raw numbers it is nothing in percentage of worldwide population.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

This topic is in the General Immigration section, so I don't see it as only dealing with love or spouses or fiance(e)s etc. And I think of it in terms of those folks from other countries who DO want to emigrate somewhere rather than the entire population as a whole.

Back when I was still working and in the high tech biz, we had numerous H1B visa holders from other countries. Their end goal was always to immigrate to the US. Some even took the long route and started by emigrating to Canada, getting citizenship there, then taking the next steps to get to the US. One fella I worked with was originally from Egypt, became a Canadian citizen, then got his H1B and ended up getting his US citizenship. It took him well over a decade, but he never took his eyes off the prize.

I met many such folks during my career. They weren't looking for love, but all were Coming to America, just like in the song.

May your visa journey be smooth and speedy.

ENGAGED TO TROPICALROSE

ringhands4.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

This topic is in the General Immigration section, so I don't see it as only dealing with love or spouses or fiance(e)s etc. And I think of it in terms of those folks from other countries who DO want to emigrate somewhere rather than the entire population as a whole.

Back when I was still working and in the high tech biz, we had numerous H1B visa holders from other countries. Their end goal was always to immigrate to the US. Some even took the long route and started by emigrating to Canada, getting citizenship there, then taking the next steps to get to the US. One fella I worked with was originally from Egypt, became a Canadian citizen, then got his H1B and ended up getting his US citizenship. It took him well over a decade, but he never took his eyes off the prize.

I met many such folks during my career. They weren't looking for love, but all were Coming to America, just like in the song.

The USA is a relatively HUGE attraction. It is the number 1 destination in the world for immigration and tourism. HUGE. But to think that "everyone" wants to come here is a fallacy. It is another reason I find the ignorance of people who say about foreign wives "They just want a green card" to be so irritating. Most foreign women have no clue what a green card is.

I am not ashamed to be an American, never. After living in other countries I have no illusions about America either. It is a damn good place, among the best, but not the only one. And Americans seem to think that if Ukrainians do not live their lives exactly like Americans that they cannot possibly be happy. That is just not true. I think Americans would not be happy that way, Ukrainians just think it is how people live. And not to say Ukraine is so terrible, it definitely is not. There are worse places and maybe more of those people want to move to America...or Ukraine!

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

In most countries the percentage of people wishing to move to America is very small. I met thousands of people while working in Ukraine and NONE expressed any desire to move to America. Alla did not really have any desire to either, (she was not advertising, we met by chance) and we kept a place in Ukraine but in the end we decided that US citizenship would be a good opportunity for the children.

Even if one considers the marriage websites one will see that a very tiny percentage of Ukrainian women are using them. There may be 10,000 or 25,000 women on those sites ( a lot of them duplicate listings) but there are 25 million women there! Even ONE PERCENT would be 250,000 women. And many of the women advertising are not necessarily wanting to move to America. So Ukraine, famous for "mail order brides" has perhaps 3/10ths of 1% of women open to the idea of marrying a foreigner.

I believe Americans have a hugely inflated idea of how many other people want to come here. While it is a LOT in raw numbers it is nothing in percentage of worldwide population.

This mimics our situation too and why it would be a blow to my esteem if my petition was denied.

I intend to retire to Nigeria anyways (5 year plan) but like you said, an American citizenship might be good for our children in the future.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Only one china too

I agree with that, wife there working on home.

The USA is a relatively HUGE attraction. It is the number 1 destination in the world for immigration and tourism. HUGE. But to think that "everyone" wants to come here is a fallacy. It is another reason I find the ignorance of people who say about foreign wives "They just want a green card" to be so irritating. Most foreign women have no clue what a green card is.

I am not ashamed to be an American, never. After living in other countries I have no illusions about America either. It is a damn good place, among the best, but not the only one. And Americans seem to think that if Ukrainians do not live their lives exactly like Americans that they cannot possibly be happy. That is just not true. I think Americans would not be happy that way, Ukrainians just think it is how people live. And not to say Ukraine is so terrible, it definitely is not. There are worse places and maybe more of those people want to move to America...or Ukraine!

I agree this you, US is not the only slice of heaven as it is what you make it.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

New Zealand, Singapura, much better economic outlook than in USA. Sadly, this web portal not focus on immigrating there, so you'll have to remember the primary focus of this web portal, aye?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.