NigeriAmerica

Facebook - Make or Break Your Case?

86 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

your facebbok is public ,even your employer looks at it (so hey dont post headed to beach,when you called in sick) its a cheap easy way for goverment to check on you ,your banks to check on you ,your creditors to see what your up too and to have all your habits tracked for profiling for marketing .If you havent understood that over the life of facebook,WOW...know it now :) quote name='Iyawo Ijebu' timestamp='1335131145' post='5321622']

Read this thread

http://www.visajourn...iew-mumbai-419/

On it the poster stated that her Facebook page was shown to her fiance.

" they even showed him my face book account "

• 5 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Thailand
Timeline

i wonder how my wifes VAWA app AOS will go if they look at her FB? i'm not her friend, i'm blocked, theres no mention of me, never has been, profile says she's single, and last time i snuck into it there was only like 2 pix of me out of 200 of her. out of all her 400+ friends only about 10 are women.

Filed: Timeline

Email?

You and your fiancé give them your email adress. Easy enough to look it up then.

Can they see anything that isn't posted publicly?! (i.e. if you have your entire profile basically secured to "friends only?")

Then why not make everything private on facebook? You don't need to make everything public. There is the option to not allow yourself to be found in the facebook configuration or found via google. If you are that worried, then disable them.

Unless they are gaining access by hacking or using some law that requires facebook to allow them access, then they shouldn't even be able to see beyond your profile picture.

That's exactly what I was thinking!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Is it true? The CO Folks at the Embassy check your Facebook activities to view you and/or your fiance's/spouse' behavior? Many people use aliases and many people have the exact same names, so how are they certain the accounts truly belong to the Petitioners and/or their Fiances with pending cases with USCIS? :unsure:

Don't worry about it. They will find you , husband gave to the CO around 600 pages from Skype and Facebook they checked your papers. .

jkshrmfeqk.png

ooOcm7.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

i wonder how my wifes VAWA app AOS will go if they look at her FB? i'm not her friend, i'm blocked, theres no mention of me, never has been, profile says she's single, and last time i snuck into it there was only like 2 pix of me out of 200 of her. out of all her 400+ friends only about 10 are women.

wow not good man.

4027-dil-ko-choo-jaye-gi-shayari-collection-heart_91.gif?d=1205939495

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Facebook - Make or Break Your Case? - I think it's more focused on 'age-appropriate' behavior.

For example - I'm an old fella, cranky curmudgeon type. Do I use FaceBook for Personal things like interacting with friends, disseminating info, showing photographs and videos of my PERSONAL LIFE? H3ll no. For me, it's not age-appropriate.

When I wish to _share_ with my friends and family, I use a telephone, send private email or have links to public servers with the photos and videos that NOT identify who I am.

But that's me. I'm verra OLD SKOOL and the folks sitting at ACLU and EFF BOTH, respectively, can kiss my @ss for my private info - they must do extra work to find something, as I've NOTHING out there that is findable ...

Oh well. Try to be more 'Old Skool' when, and where, you can, aye?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

you can not find me - i not exist ;)

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Yer really not that creative, to take the first 'hit' on the google search.

Seriously.

Meanwhile, back on topic -

In essence, the IO has the results of the regular investigation performed on you (the uscitizen) and the foreigner, in the casefile, prior to interview day, and READS IT. Wish to lessen the pile? Never use FaceBook, Twitter for Personal Stuff.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I know a principal who had a secretary called out sick for several days. The pricipal went to her facebook page a month later and found many pictures where she was on vacation in the islands boasting about her activities when she was supposedly sick. How dumb can you be? Needless to say she was able to get the secretary fired.

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.