BethandBilly

Time for me to say Bye Bye

17 posts in this topic

So my time has come to say good bye, apparently I have not showed enough of an emergent case to do an expedite naturalization, even though they have all the paperwork to show we will be overseas for the next 2 to 4 years working with the government. I sent the paperwork with regards this assignment etc and still they say I don't qualify for Expedited Naturalization. So basically that's $595 wasted and quite possibly my GC will be lost as we are going to be out of the country for so long. Oh and apparently my situation is serious but not serious enough for them to give me expedited naturalization.

I wish you all well with your journeys, take care and good luck :thumbs:

Edited by BethandBilly

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Have you completely investigated and exhausted ALL options? Have you put a sharp attorney on it? Have you set an InfoPass appointment to learn about appeals to higher levels?

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Have you completely investigated and exhausted ALL options? Have you put a sharp attorney on it? Have you set an InfoPass appointment to learn about appeals to higher levels?

We have tried to get a Congressman involved and heard nothing back from them, the nearest office to us is 1.5 hours away. I knew there was going to be a problem as they lost my packet to start with, then never flagged it for expedite and now they are saying I don't qualify for it as my case isn't serious enough. I thought if you were overseas on assignment etc, then you would qualify, I sent them everything and more for the expedite. I've already been away a year and I am dreading the fact that if I stay any longer than 2 years I will lose my greencard too, but my hubby job means we have to stay at least another 2 years. Our lawyer although great with AOS, doesn't have a clue about expedite and told me last year that I needed the Travel Document to enter again.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Sounds as though you have several options remaining. Contact your U.S. Senator(s). Find a sharp attorney. (Note: visit http://www.fosterquan.com and sign up for their extremely reasonable e-mail consultation -- you'll be pleasantly surprised and should be very pleased.) Regardless of distance, set an InfoPass appointment to learn about levels of higher appeal.

You must be frustrated and weary beyond description right now, but you truly seem to have a LOT of alternative paths still available to you, si man.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Sounds as though you have several options remaining. Contact your U.S. Senator(s). Find a sharp attorney. (Note: visit http://www.fosterquan.com and sign up for their extremely reasonable e-mail consultation -- you'll be pleasantly surprised and should be very pleased.) Regardless of distance, set an InfoPass appointment to learn about levels of higher appeal.

You must be frustrated and weary beyond description right now, but you truly seem to have a LOT of alternative paths still available to you, si man.

We wrote to the Congressmans office and they never got back to us. Do you know if I can do an infopass appointment in our home state, we are going there in just over 2 weeks. My husband is furious, he was military and now government and he can't believe what a mess they have made of my application so far.

We wrote to the Congressmans office and they never got back to us. Do you know if I can do an infopass appointment in our home state, we are going there in just over 2 weeks. My husband is furious, he was military and now government and he can't believe what a mess they have made of my application so far.

Skip the Congressman and go to one of your US Senators. They all have someone who deals with immigration. Call the office first and see what they want you to do. Some will let you fax all of your info to them.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

I say go directly to your Senator as suggested by the last reply

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Even though I have known Dave Obey for years, our just retired congressman, ha, even to the point, hi Nick, what are you going to b!tch about today, he is not set up for immigration. Have to go to your senator, and have two of them. Fiengold's Rebeca, from Latin America took a special interest in my wife's case. But he lost to Johnson that is totally worthless, more interested in building a memorial for Reagan than anything else. That left Kolh, but not in my district, Feigngold contacted him and his daughter took a special interest in my stepdaughter's case.

Just saying, finding a senator that takes an interest in your case is far better than hiring the best attorney in the world. With Laura Kolh, didn't write, called her and explained the situation, got her email address, suggested I fax the evidence. Told her my fax machine really needs dusted off, so emailed all the required documentation. In a matter of either hours or days, our problems with the USCIS were over.

Shame you have to do this, but find quickly the USCIS doesn't like to mess with senators. Have to be unemotional and just list the bare facts, speak nicely, and not easy to do when the future of your loved ones is at stake. Should be able to find a phone number in your senators site, if not, try the other one. If both are bad, you are screwed.

I once tried for some help with my representative - Jesse Jackson Jr. - and he faxed Immigration immediately and their reply was in essence "Screw you Junior Representative from Illinois". So best to go to your Senators !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

Definitely go with one of the senators - mention about your hubby's prior military and about his now government job - it would seem to me that as your hubby defended our country would at least get some sort of ball rolling. Good luck and don't give up yet.

I-129F Sent : 10-04-2010

I-129F NOA1 : 10-12-2010

Touched: 10-21-2010

NOA2: 03-16-2011

Vermont Service Center

Interview: 05-18-2011

Fiance' Visa Approved: 12Jul2011

POE - Newark Airport November 20, 2011

Married: December 8, 2011

AOS package sent to Chicago Lockbox on Feb. 13, 2012

I-485 transfered to Laguna Niguel CA on March 17, 2012

EAD - received from Lee's Summit, MO on April 18, 2012

So is a Senator better to go to than the Congressman? Our Congressmans office got in touch with us last night and the lady I spoke to was a little lost, she said no one ever gets their N400 updates online on the USCIS website and she wasn't familiar with the 319(b), but she was going to email them yesterday and said she would be back to me the latest Tuesday, so I guess I'll wait til then, unless you all think Senators are a better way to go than Congressmen.

Filed: Timeline

So my time has come to say good bye, apparently I have not showed enough of an emergent case to do an expedite naturalization, even though they have all the paperwork to show we will be overseas for the next 2 to 4 years working with the government. I sent the paperwork with regards this assignment etc and still they say I don't qualify for Expedited Naturalization. So basically that's $595 wasted and quite possibly my GC will be lost as we are going to be out of the country for so long. Oh and apparently my situation is serious but not serious enough for them to give me expedited naturalization.

I wish you all well with your journeys, take care and good luck :thumbs:

you should atleast try consulting a lawyer...i heard as long that u pay a fee to stay longer like 2yrs in other country u'll be okay...not sure. but like i mention ask an immigration lawyer..goodluck

The longer it takes to happen the more you'll appreciate it when it does!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I don't know the whole story but... if you work for the government isn't the fact you are outside the country irrelevant ? (as in military folks ?)

Removal of conditions

01.11.2011 Remove conditions GC I-751 ($590)

01.18.2011 NOA1

02.24.2011 Biometric

03.25.2011 Approved

03.28.2011 Notice sent

03.31.2011 Received new green card (and it's green !)

AOS/EAD/AP from K1

07.23.2008 Send AOS/EAD/AP

07.29.2008 Check cashed

08.01.2008 NOA1

08.08.2008 Biometric Notice received

08.21.2008 Biometric Appointment

09.22.2008 Approval notice sent for AP (CRIS email)

09.22.2008 Card production ordered for EAD (CRIS email)

09.25.2008 Card production ordered for EAD (CRIS email) and a couple of touch since (last one 09.30.2008)

09.27.2008 Reception AP

10.02.2008 EAD Received

02.23.2009 Notice for interview (1.5 month late compared to LA statistics)

03.16.2009 AOS Touch

04.01.2009 Interview in LA  // Approved 

04.06.2009 Welcome to the USA Letter

04.13.2009 Reception GC

Naturalization
06/2016 Request
03/2017 Interview

Almost at the end !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.