11 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Has anyone been able to pay the IV app fee yet this week? It is still saying I can;t pay it on the portal and I paid my AOS fee and sent it 2 weeks ago. When I call NVC no one will give me a straight answer as to when the new fees will be posted. blink.gif

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Process & Procedures to Progress Reports.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Has anyone been able to pay the IV app fee yet this week? It is still saying I can;t pay it on the portal and I paid my AOS fee and sent it 2 weeks ago. When I call NVC no one will give me a straight answer as to when the new fees will be posted. blink.gif

First off, your AOS bill/package is irrelevant to the IV bill. The AOS and IV are two different tracks and have nothing to do with each other (except being a part of NVC).

Second, new fees were implemented on April 13, so a 1-2 weeks before this, NVC began holding all IV invoices until after the fee change. A couple of people in the NVC April thread have gotten the new IV invoice this week, but I haven't seen a lot. I'm sure you'll get it this week, but it might be longer as NVC put on hold a LOT of invoices.

Timeline

First off, your AOS bill/package is irrelevant to the IV bill. The AOS and IV are two different tracks and have nothing to do with each other (except being a part of NVC).

Second, new fees were implemented on April 13, so a 1-2 weeks before this, NVC began holding all IV invoices until after the fee change. A couple of people in the NVC April thread have gotten the new IV invoice this week, but I haven't seen a lot. I'm sure you'll get it this week, but it might be longer as NVC put on hold a LOT of invoices.

I am totally aware that theyt are 2 separate tracks. That wasn't my question. I was informed from the NVC as soon as the AOS was paid for I would receive receipt to pay the IV fee on the portal. I understand the fees have changed and there is a little backlog. I am just curious if anyone else has received theirs yet this week. When I call the NVC no two people will give me the same answer. Ive been told "you should have received it by now we will send a request to a supervisor to investigate" , " It will be available tomorrow", "it will be available by the end of the week", and "it could take 2 weeks or more. I just want to know if anyone else has been able to pay the new fee yet.

I am totally aware that theyt are 2 separate tracks. That wasn't my question. I was informed from the NVC as soon as the AOS was paid for I would receive receipt to pay the IV fee on the portal. I understand the fees have changed and there is a little backlog. I am just curious if anyone else has received theirs yet this week. When I call the NVC no two people will give me the same answer. Ive been told "you should have received it by now we will send a request to a supervisor to investigate" , " It will be available tomorrow", "it will be available by the end of the week", and "it could take 2 weeks or more. I just want to know if anyone else has been able to pay the new fee yet.

I only mentioned it being 2 different tracks because you brought up the point you had paid the AOS fee and sent the package 2 weeks ago, which is irrelevant to your question about the IV bill.

The IV bill is typically invoiced after the DS-3032 acceptance, but with the fee changes, IV bills have been on hold after DS-3032 acceptance. I saw only one person that got it on Friday, and then a few this week. Go check out the NVC April thread and you'll see this.

And of course their answers will be different as you're getting different people each time. They each have their own time frames for everything.

Timeline

I only mentioned it being 2 different tracks because you brought up the point you had paid the AOS fee and sent the package 2 weeks ago, which is irrelevant to your question about the IV bill.

The IV bill is typically invoiced after the DS-3032 acceptance, but with the fee changes, IV bills have been on hold after DS-3032 acceptance. I saw only one person that got it on Friday, and then a few this week. Go check out the NVC April thread and you'll see this.

And of course their answers will be different as you're getting different people each time. They each have their own time frames for everything.

Thank so much for your help. My husband sent the DS-261(the electronic version of the DS-3032) March 29. I guess I'm just getting very impatient as I have had my IV package done and ready to send for quite some time now. whistling.gif

I received the IV fee thru email last monday but was'nt able to pay until yesterday. Today its saying paid.

USCIS (201 days)

07/12/2011-I-130 sent

07/15/2011-NOA1 received

02/01/2012-NOA2 receieved

NVC (20days)

03/19/2012-case received at NVC

04/03/2012-Got case #,IIN from operator

04/03/2012-Emailed DS-3032

04/04/2012-Pay AOS fee ($88)

04/05/2012-AOS fee showing its PAID

04/09/2012-Sent AOS package

04/16/2012-Received IV fee bill

04/17/2012-Paid IV bill ($230)

04/18/2012-IV fee showing its PAID;sent IV package

04/23/2012-Case complete

05/03/2012-Interview date set

06/06/2012-Interview date

Thank so much for your help. My husband sent the DS-261(the electronic version of the DS-3032) March 29. I guess I'm just getting very impatient as I have had my IV package done and ready to send for quite some time now. whistling.gif

I know what the DS-261 is ;) I had to fill it out too :D

But yeah, there's a lot of people in the same boat as you. They have the IV package ready to go but are being held up by NVC on releasing the IV bill headbonk.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

My IV bill just became available yesterday after simply listing "$0.00" for more than a week. A fair number of people in the April NVC filers forum reported it showed up yesterday, a few said they're still waiting. It's a little hard to find the posts on this topic in that forum due to the volume of posts.

Edited by foofurrah

Sept 9, 2011: NOA1

March 16, 2012: NOA2

April 10, 2012: NVC Case Number Assigned, AOS Invoice Received

April 11, 2012: OPTIN for EP with DS-3032 sent, AOS bill paid

April 12, 2012: AOS Package Sent

April 17, 2012: IV Bill invoiced, paid

April 19, 2012: IV package sent

April 20, 2012: Checklist for AOS asking for letter of employment, response sent

April 23, 2012: Letter approving DS-230, False checklist for AOS checklist

May 1, 2012: Appointment Letter Received (for May 23rd)

May 22, 2012: Interview canceled pending further medical tests

July 15, 2012: New Appointment letter Received

August 1, 2012: Interview, Approved

Filed: Timeline

ILOVEMIMOSH-- My husband is also from Jordan we are waiting on the first NVC notice saying they have our package. I seen where your husband sent the DS-261(electronic version of DS-3032) I didn’t know Jordan could use the DS-261 yet because I didn’t see Jordan listed as one of the countries that could and we were planning on using DS-3032. How did you find out it was ok to use the electronic version?

ILOVEMIMOSH-- My husband is also from Jordan we are waiting on the first NVC notice saying they have our package. I seen where your husband sent the DS-261(electronic version of DS-3032) I didn't know Jordan could use the DS-261 yet because I didn't see Jordan listed as one of the countries that could and we were planning on using DS-3032. How did you find out it was ok to use the electronic version?

Those with beneficiaries in Jordan are REQUIRED to do electronic processing and are REQUIRED to do the online forms.

See the table at the bottom: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_5165.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.