eternalcompanion

Below income requirement

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We are planning to file my petition for K1 visa this week. My pension is only 18,000 annually. And i read from a Filipinafiancee.com that embassy would not likely want a co-sponsor with a K-1. Do you think we can be granted if i secure a co-sponsor. Please help me with this concern.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

We are planning to file my petition for K1 visa this week. My pension is only 18,000 annually. And i read from a Filipinafiancee.com that embassy would not likely want a co-sponsor with a K-1. Do you think we can be granted if i secure a co-sponsor. Please help me with this concern.

The first thing to do is check yourself with the embassy in Manila. You will find they dont accept co sponsors in K 1 cases. That will save you the time & money for filing a case that will be denied.

Since you do not meet the poverty guideline for 2 people it is advisable to secure a co-sponsor. The US Embassy in the Philippines allows

co-sponsor on a case-by-case basis. Good luck!

Philippians 4:13...I can do all things through Christ who strengthens meGC Received: 02/04/2012

Useful Links for K-1 Visa Petition for USEM Philippines:

Packet 3 for K-1: http://photos.state....3__rtf2_001.pdf

St Luke's Website: http://www.slec.ph/u...ml#clinic-hours

Link to Schedule Interview: http://cgifederal.force.com/

CFO Website for Seminar: http://www.cfo.gov.p...onals&catid=140

Povery Guideline: http://www.uscis.gov...form/i-864p.pdf

Website to Download DS 156, 156K, & 157: http://travel.state....forms_1342.html

Filed: Timeline

if you don't meet the poverty guidelines and have money in your bank account then you'll be fine..

seems like your only short of $972 so x5 that it will be total of $ 4860 so if you have that on your savings chance that u don't need a co sponsor.

please check this website how the uscis calculate income.

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/86991.pdf

goodluck

The longer it takes to happen the more you'll appreciate it when it does!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Co-sponsors are rarely allowed as USEM and if they are, it is usually by a primary sponsor who has very good job prospects (such as a recent graduate). With pension, do you mean a disability/ retirement pension, ie your income is likely to remain the same or go down in value, never up? If so, the chances of a co-sponsor being allowed are very slim. Do you have any assets (savings, stock, second car etc) you could add? Another option would be to get married and file a spousal visa, co-sponsors are allowed for that.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

if you don't meet the poverty guidelines and have money in your bank account then you'll be fine..

seems like your only short of $972 so x5 that it will be total of $ 4860 so if you have that on your savings chance that u don't need a co sponsor.

please check this website how the uscis calculate income.

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/86991.pdf

goodluck

For a K-1, they will accept assets at 3X, same as for a spouse. If he makes $18k, he is only short $912 and would need at least $2736 in assets.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

Thank you very much everyone for the input. My pension is a retirement pension. I have an inherited small house from my mother here in Florida and still paying for my own house in Georgia. I am still paying for my car and i have a small boat. But i don't have any savings. Will that help? This income requirement really bothers me and afraid my petition will be denied because of this, after spending time and money.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thank you very much everyone for the input. My pension is a retirement pension. I have an inherited small house from my mother here in Florida and still paying for my own house in Georgia. I am still paying for my car and i have a small boat. But i don't have any savings. Will that help? This income requirement really bothers me and afraid my petition will be denied because of this, after spending time and money.

I would still go ahead and have a co-sponsor lined up, documents prepared, etc. Just in case Manila would allow it, if you need it.

The I-864 guidelines are what they go by, even when using the I-134, so read the I-864 instructions to know what they what expect and are wanting to see from you.

For assets:

"Only assets that can be converted into cash within one year and without considerable hardship or financial loss to the owner may be included. The owner of the asset must include a description of the asset, proof of ownership, and the basis for the owner's claim of its net cash value.

You may include the net value of your home as an asset. The net value of the home is the appraised value of the home, minus the sum of any and all loans secured by a mortgage, trust deed, or other lien on the home. If you wish to include the net value of your home, this, you must include documentation demonstrating that you own it, a recent appraisal by a licensed appraiser, and evidence of the amount of any and all loans secured by a mortgage, trust deed, or other lien on the home. You may not include the net value an automobile unless you show that you have more than one automobile, and at least one automobile is not included as an asset."

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Co-sponsors are rarely allowed as USEM and if they are, it is usually by a primary sponsor who has very good job prospects (such as a recent graduate). With pension, do you mean a disability/ retirement pension, ie your income is likely to remain the same or go down in value, never up? If so, the chances of a co-sponsor being allowed are very slim. Do you have any assets (savings, stock, second car etc) you could add? Another option would be to get married and file a spousal visa, co-sponsors are allowed for that.

My understanding has always been that the consulate in Manila is more likely to approve a "co-sponsor" (there is no such thing technically with K-1 but I digress)if that person is a family member of the USC.

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

My understanding has always been that the consulate in Manila is more likely to approve a "co-sponsor" (there is no such thing technically with K-1 but I digress)if that person is a family member of the USC.

I recall someone getting an email from the Embassy in Manila confirming this.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

I asked this before but want to be clarified again. My retirement pension is only 18,000 a year. For 3 household, i need an income of 23,862. I need to have 5,862 more. Will that be x3 or x5? Will a little income difference be denied, even if my fiancee and her daughter, 20 yrs old, will be working in the US once they arrived. I am bothered that this will cause the denial. Afraid that we cannot marry here. Please give us more ideas. Also, i would like to add that i don't have savings. Only a mobile home and a car that i am still paying.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

You definitely will be denied if you are under; it doesn't matter the immigrants intend to work when here, because you cannot prove that they will, or even would be able to find a job. You can be denied if you are just over, especially if you are using assets or a co-sponsor who is just over.

Assets will be x3 for a spouse; most embassies count a K1 as a spouse, but I am not sure about USEM. However, since you don't have savings, this is a mute point; a trailer that is your home and your only car won't count. I don't think you would be accepted with a co-sponsor, USEM doesn't like co-sponsors, especially if it doesn't look like the petitioner's income will improve. You may need to consider getting married and petitioning her as a spouse, but the daughter would age out.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

You definitely will be denied if you are under; it doesn't matter the immigrants intend to work when here, because you cannot prove that they will, or even would be able to find a job. You can be denied if you are just over, especially if you are using assets or a co-sponsor who is just over.

Assets will be x3 for a spouse; most embassies count a K1 as a spouse, but I am not sure about USEM. However, since you don't have savings, this is a mute point; a trailer that is your home and your only car won't count. I don't think you would be accepted with a co-sponsor, USEM doesn't like co-sponsors, especially if it doesn't look like the petitioner's income will improve. You may need to consider getting married and petitioning her as a spouse, but the daughter would age out.

:thumbs:

USEM usually will not accept co-sponsors for K-1s, if they do they prefer family members. If they get married the daughter is already aged out, the child must be under age 18 when they marry to be eligible for a CR-2 which can be issued up to age 21 IF they were married before the child turned 18.

K-1/K-2 is their only route for a 20 year old. With a 20 year old they can also ask for an expedite and get it. The child MUST be under age 21 when she enters the USAin order to adjust status from a K-2

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

:thumbs:

USEM usually will not accept co-sponsors for K-1s, if they do they prefer family members. If they get married the daughter is already aged out, the child must be under age 18 when they marry to be eligible for a CR-2 which can be issued up to age 21 IF they were married before the child turned 18.

K-1/K-2 is their only route for a 20 year old. With a 20 year old they can also ask for an expedite and get it. The child MUST be under age 21 when she enters the USAin order to adjust status from a K-2

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.