Sorrenbert

Flight???;-( one way or round trip?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

hello guys! just want to ask, for K1 petition..when you booked your ticket is it one way or round trip? i'm confused...and is the visa required when you booked a ticket?

Hey! You can book whichever is cheaper! Usually this is a round trip but I was lucky enough to get a 1 way for an okay price. If you get a round trip and they ask why, just tell them the truth...IT WAS CHEAPER! They probably hear it all the time.

You only need your visa at POE not to book the flight.

July 11 2011 - I-129F Sent
July 14 2011 - I-129F Received at Dallas Lockbox
July 21 2011 - NOA1 Received (dated July 14th)
Oct 13 2011 - NOA2!!! biggrin.png (NO RFE's)
Oct 25 2011 - NVC Received
Oct 26 2011 - Got Case Number
Oct 27 2011 - NVC Sent Case to London
Oct 31 2011 - London Received Case
Nov 11 2011 - Recieved Packet 3
Nov 14 2011 - Packet 3 Sent
Nov 21 2011 - Medical
Dec 2 2011 - Packet 4 Received
Dec 12 2011 - Interview!! 8.30am
Dec 12 2011 - APPROVED!! biggrin.png!
Dec 15 2011 - Received passport with shiney new visa and HUGE white envelope.
Dec 19 2011 - Travel to US: POE Newark
Feb 14 2012 - Married smile.png Now need to wait for baby Marcus to be born. Due date April 27th.
May 4 2012 - Baby Marcus born!!

March 14 2013 - AOS Application Sent smile.png
March 18 2013 - USCIS received date.
March 25 2013 - USCIS notice date. Receipt #MSC1390000000.
April 13 2013 - RFE Received for Copy of Birth Certificate.
April 18 2013 - RFE Replied.
April 23 2013 - Biometrics.

May 28 2013 - EAD Approved
May 31 2013 - Card production ordered.

June 3 2013 - Card Mailed, expected delivery date June 5.

September 25th 2013 - Became an official resident!!

October 5th 2013 - Green Card Received.

August 24 2015 - I-751 for Removal of conditions received by California Service Center.

August 24 2015 - NOA Receipt Date.

September 24 2015 - Biometrics.

hello guys! just want to ask, for K1 petition..when you booked your ticket is it one way or round trip? i'm confused...and is the visa required when you booked a ticket?

You don't want to book anything until you have the visa stamped in your passport. Once that happens, whichever is cheaper is the way to go. If you happen to hget a RT, make sure you cancel the return once you future spouse arrives.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

thank for the reply! ;-) really appreciate it..anyway, so what happens to the return flight? i will just cancel it?

Hey! You can book whichever is cheaper! Usually this is a round trip but I was lucky enough to get a 1 way for an okay price. If you get a round trip and they ask why, just tell them the truth...IT WAS CHEAPER! They probably hear it all the time.

You only need your visa at POE not to book the flight.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Wait for the Visa, then book your flight. One way or round trip, either one that is the best price range for you. You can find alot of cheap flights online, and booking a flight on a Tuesday or Wednesday will save you money also. Good Luck :)

event.png

event.png

Timeline

thank you for the info!

Wait for the Visa, then book your flight. One way or round trip, either one that is the best price range for you. You can find alot of cheap flights online, and booking a flight on a Tuesday or Wednesday will save you money also. Good Luck :)

Timeline

right! thanks for the reply! really appreciate it..;-)

You don't want to book anything until you have the visa stamped in your passport. Once that happens, whichever is cheaper is the way to go. If you happen to hget a RT, make sure you cancel the return once you future spouse arrives.

If you're a first time immigrant, you can get discounted tickets through many airlines. Some people here on VJ have used this site when traveling from the Philippines: My link Hope it helps! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Cancel? Have you read some of the posts... Seems many are ready to ship their spouse or fiancee right back home!!! Question remains 1 week RT, 89 day RT, or 1 year RT... get the 1 year and then you re-book sooner if needed. :o (and everyone saying to themselves, this won't happen to us... But check out the change in family forums :wow: ) :help:

Timeline

thank you ;-) really appreciate it!

If you're a first time immigrant, you can get discounted tickets through many airlines. Some people here on VJ have used this site when traveling from the Philippines: My link Hope it helps! :)

Cancel? Have you read some of the posts... Seems many are ready to ship their spouse or fiancee right back home!!! Question remains 1 week RT, 89 day RT, or 1 year RT... get the 1 year and then you re-book sooner if needed. :o (and everyone saying to themselves, this won't happen to us... But check out the change in family forums :wow: ) :help:

Yes, been reading them. I guess I'm the ultimate optimist: I bought a one way only.

Also, I see it as people who are good do not post that they are good; but yes, might be more prudent to wait as long as possible before cancelling. Yet cancelling is important, you don't want USCIS to think that you are not intending to stay.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
Yet cancelling is important, you don't want USCIS to think that you are not intending to stay.

that's not why you cancel it. You cancel it because some people have had their AOS denied because the airlines don't update the manifest and even though you DON'T fly they have you listed as a passenger and in a lot of cases the return flights are before AP is approved. So I too suggest cancelling it and instead just having extra case for a flight home in case you're one of the sad stories.

Filed: Timeline

we are at this same stage also..she is lookin around for a cheap round trip ticket but we noticed there was a cheaper one with a 3 week turn around to fly back to her orgin country . we are wonderin if 3 weeks is kinda suspicious though rather then bookin a round trip ticket that goes her arriving to usa in june and departing in october or something.. u guys have any advice or opinions on this idea?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.