Lyric

=(((((( Fiance just found out he has cancer

29 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

:crying: I don't even know if I'm posting this in the right forum but I need help. He was just diagnosed by his doctor in Canada as having stomach cancer and it is very possible it has already spread. I have been told to talk to my congressman's office and see if they can do anything. I am so scared. What do I do??? How do I approach them? What kind of questions do I ask them? Do I go in and beg them to have compassion on us and let him still come here asap?

He needs medical care but he can't get insurance here now b/c of pre-existing condition. BUT He has no one in Canada to take care of him. And he doesn't want anyone else to talke care of him but me in the first place. He NEEDS someone to be able to take him back and forth to the doctor appts and be there for and after surgery. Besides that fact, he needs me with him and I need to be able to take care of him. PERIOD. I can't bear the thought of being separated from him while he is so sick. We don't know how bad it is exactly and we don't know how long he has.

I can't sleep, I am barely eating. I can't stop crying. I am a nervous wreck and everytime I think about how he is feeling, being there alone and so, so sick I really start falling apart. He is the love of my life and I am the love of his life. We need to be together NOW. Oh please someone tell me what to do! :crying: Tell me how I can get help and get him here and get him medical care immediately. He has to have surgery and chemotherapy. That is all I know right now. :crying:

I have been praying and praying. I can't even talk to the congressman's office until tomorrow!! Stupid holiday today.

Please pray for us. Please. :crying:

1/28/06 Sent I-129 to TSC

2/08/06 Received NOA1

4/24/06 NOA 2 online

5/01/06 NOA 2 Received in the mail

5/11/06 Case Received at NVC

6/01/06 Packet 3 Received

6/28/06 Packet 3 Sent to Montreal

10/26/06 Interview date - POSTPONED :(

01/25/07 Interview Postponed.....again

11/01/07 Third and final Interview date allowed.

Timeline

I also forgot to mention that he has not yet had his medical exam for the interview either. He was having scheduling problems then he was staying sick. :crying:

2/08/06 Received NOA1

4/24/06 NOA 2 online

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Lyric,

I don't know how all of this will factor into the immigration process but just want you to know that I've said a prayer for the both of you.

Tank

July 4, 2006: Married

October 7, 2006: AOS Packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox via FedEx (I-485, I-130, I-765)

October 10, 2006: Package reived in Chicago

October 23, 2006: Checks cashed

November 1, 2006: I-130 and I-765 touched

November 2, 2006: I-485 touched--email notification about RFE letter on the way.

December 2006: Biometrics

January 2007: EAD Card

July 10, 2007 @ 9 a.m.--AOS Interview in West Palm Beach, FL...APPROVED!!!

Timeline

Thank you :crying:

2/08/06 Received NOA1

4/24/06 NOA 2 online

My heart goes out to you this morning! I can only imagine what you must be going through. From my understanding of types of disease that prevent entry, can cer would not be one to prevent him from coming because it is not a communicable disease. But better you get confirmation from official sources on this.

You are so close to getting your fiance here for adjustment of status purposes and yet because of insurance it might be difficult for him to move here immediately. I think you are doing the right things by contacting the Congressional offices. Maybe a consulation at a lawyer's office could also help?

Wish I had the right words for you and your fiance. all I can add is that there are a lot of good supportive people here to help you through this trying time. Bothof you are in our prayers. (F)

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Lyric,

I did pray for you both. I cannot comment on the immigration part any more than others have. But I would like to offer this suggestion on his treatment if you can get him here. You mentioned a problem with insurance. Are there any cancer centers in your area. If not, look up the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance and see if they have contacts for you. They are one of the top treatment centers around, and offer solutions for people without the means to pay. I am near Seattle if you need a place to stay and check things out. pLease keep us posted.

Maggie

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Timeline
Lyric,

I did pray for you both. I cannot comment on the immigration part any more than others have. But I would like to offer this suggestion on his treatment if you can get him here. You mentioned a problem with insurance. Are there any cancer centers in your area. If not, look up the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance and see if they have contacts for you. They are one of the top treatment centers around, and offer solutions for people without the means to pay. I am near Seattle if you need a place to stay and check things out. pLease keep us posted.

Maggie

Thank you Maggie, I will try and do that. I'm having a hard time even being able to think straight right now, with such stress, worry and sleep depravation

2/08/06 Received NOA1

4/24/06 NOA 2 online

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi Lyric,

My heart goes to you both. I´ll keep you in my prayers.

Maybe you should look into Cancer centers around your area. I´d also contact an immigration lawyer. I believe he is the one who can help you in this difficult period.

I know it´s hard now, but think positive. Everything will work out in the end!

Alix

N-400 (based on 3-year marriage rule)
06/05/2014 Application Sent
06/06/2014 Application Received in Phoenix

06/09/2014 Priority Date

06/11/2014 Notice Date

06/12//2014 Check Cashed
06/12/2014 Received email/text receipt confirmation from Phoenix Lockbox

06/17/2014 Biometrics Letter mailed
06/20/2014 Biometrics Letter Received

06/24/2014 Biometrics Walk-in

06/26/2014 In line for Interview

07/03/2014 Original Biometrics Appointment

07/29/2014 Yellow Letter Received

09/05/2014 Interview letter Received

10/07/2014 Interview

10/17/2014 Received email/text that oath has been scheduled

Timeline

I live in the Cincinnati area and I'm trying to research GOOD cancer treatment facilities closeby. If anyone can give me any assistance in this, I would really appreciate it. Also, I have a family member who lives at Virginia Beach and if necessary I'm fairly positive we could live with her if necessary, if there was a good cancer facility fairly close by there as well. I'd rather be able to stay close to home b/c it just make things easier but his health and me being able to help take care of him are first and foremost.

If anyone has any info please let me know.

2/08/06 Received NOA1

4/24/06 NOA 2 online

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Congresspeople usually have liaisons who handle the immigration issues. I found out about the person in our area by googling our congressman's name and "immigration liaison". If nothing can be found, you can write or fax the congressperson directly. I guess I would send a letter explaining the situation first, and then follow it up by a phone call a day or two later.

And I agree with what somebody said before, it would help to talk to an immigration lawyer, who could tell you how to address the health insurance issue during the interview.

I'm sure some of the very knowledable people here on VJ will give you better advice soon!

I wish you much strength now, you are in my thoughts....

Conditional Permanent Resident since September 20, 2006

Conditions removed February 23, 2009

I am extraordinarily patient,

provided I get my own way in the end!

Margaret Thatcher

Filed: Timeline

It may not be possible, but if it were me, I'd move to Canada rather than have him move here. Canada has socialized healthcare. We don't.

Since you're in Cincy, you're somewhat close to Indy, which if you'll remember, is where Lance Armstrong was treated for his cancer. This being the US though, the problem would be paying for it.

Best of luck, and I hope some kind of workable solution presents itself.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Filed: Other Timeline

Lyric,

I offer you my sympathies and hope things get better soon for your SO.

However, I think you are going about this the wrong way.

He should NOT be coming to the US. You should be immigrating to Canada.

When he is most in need of medical insurance, you want to bring him over to the US where he will get no coverage? You need to see him through the national health care system of Canada.

I'd get on the next flight to Canada and be with him. US citizens can visit Canada no problem. You should be with him in Canada, not trying to find ways to bring him into US faster. Will his cancer magically disappear once he's in the US? No. How will you get medical insurance for this pre-existing condition? It'll be practically impossible. A real solution is for you to go to Canada.

Best wishes on his recovery.

:crying: I don't even know if I'm posting this in the right forum but I need help. He was just diagnosed by his doctor in Canada as having stomach cancer and it is very possible it has already spread. I have been told to talk to my congressman's office and see if they can do anything. I am so scared. What do I do??? How do I approach them? What kind of questions do I ask them? Do I go in and beg them to have compassion on us and let him still come here asap?

He needs medical care but he can't get insurance here now b/c of pre-existing condition. BUT He has no one in Canada to take care of him. And he doesn't want anyone else to talke care of him but me in the first place. He NEEDS someone to be able to take him back and forth to the doctor appts and be there for and after surgery. Besides that fact, he needs me with him and I need to be able to take care of him. PERIOD. I can't bear the thought of being separated from him while he is so sick. We don't know how bad it is exactly and we don't know how long he has.

I can't sleep, I am barely eating. I can't stop crying. I am a nervous wreck and everytime I think about how he is feeling, being there alone and so, so sick I really start falling apart. He is the love of my life and I am the love of his life. We need to be together NOW. Oh please someone tell me what to do! :crying: Tell me how I can get help and get him here and get him medical care immediately. He has to have surgery and chemotherapy. That is all I know right now. :crying:

I have been praying and praying. I can't even talk to the congressman's office until tomorrow!! Stupid holiday today.

Please pray for us. Please. :crying:

AOS I-485

07/10/07 - Sent I-485 via USPS Priority Mail to Chicago Lockbox

07/23/07 - Received NOA1 in my home mailbox

08/13/07 - Received ASC Biometrics Appointment Letter in my home mailbox

08/31/07 - USCIS mailed out Appointment letter with Postmark Date 8/31/07

09/04/07 - Received actual Appointment Letter (Interivew Date 10/30/07)

09/06/07 - Completed Biometrics Appointment at local ASC

10/30/07 - Scheduled AOS Interview Appointment - Approved

I-751

08/13/09 - Sent I-751 to CSC

08/17/09 - Receipt date of NOA

09/16/09 - Biometrics

09/17/09 - "Touched"

12/15/09 - Card production ordered

12/17/09 - Approval notice sent

12/21/09 - Received 10-Year GC and Welcome Letter

N-400

08/16/10 - Sent N-400 to AZ Lockbox via USPS First Class Mail with Delivery Confirmation

08/18/10 - USPS Confirms delivery: August 18, 2010, 9:57 am, PHOENIX, AZ 85036

08/24/10 - Check #501 for $675 cleared my account @ 11:20 pm EDT

08/27/10 - Received NOA dated 8/23/10 with a Priority date of 8/18/10

09/07/10 - Received Biometric RFE dated 9/3/10 -- Fingerprint apt. schedule 10/1/10

10/01/10 - Fingerprint Appointment-- Completed

10/09/10 - Received Interview Appointment Letter dated 10/6/10 for scheduled interview on 11/09/10

11/09/10 - Interview Passed

11/18/10 - Oath Ceremony

i am very sorry to hear your story.

would it be possible for you to move to canda so he can use his insurance there to get his treatment?

if you want treatment for him close to cincinatti you could have a look at the ohio state university hospital in columbus, i know they have this big cancer hospital (i believe it is called "st. james" or something like that.) they are a public hospital so may be they have deals for people with no insurance etc. but then i don't know much about health insurance issues and such.

good luck

Summer 1998 ... beginning of our love

Fall 1998 .......... beginning of our long distance relationship

K1

03/2006 I-129F filed

07/2006 I-129F approved

10/2006 visa received

AOS

11/2006 AOS filed

02/2007 conditional Green Card in mail

Removal of Conditons

12/2008 I-751 filed

05/2009 Green Card in mail

Thank you VisaJourney

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

I agree with what other posters suggested, it might better off if you move to Canada, maybe stay there temporarily to visit and take care of your fiance ? I don't think his illness will prevent him from immigrating here, but you might want to consult with lawyer to be sure.

If you are still looking for cancer center nearby your place, you can try to call American Cancer Society 1-800-227-2345. They might be able to guide you to the right direction.

Wish you all the best.

Me- Indonesia & hubby - US

married in Vancouver, Canada

USCIS-free for 10 years !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.