GuruSikh

K-1: Got e-mail & txt from USCIS

15 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I received e-mail & txt from USCIS this morning at 2:05am :).

The txt said: Your application was received & gave me my receipt number. Receipt Notice (Form-797) will come in the mail.

Email (Titled: USCIS Acceptance Confirmation ) said: Similar to txt. They are forwarding my petition to California Service Center. I should receive my Receipt Notice (Form-797) with my receipt number in 7-10 days by standard mail. They also said, once I receive it, I can & should check my status on their website.

Question:

1. The receipt notice they are sending in the mail, that is NOA1 right?

2. Which number is my case number? the receipt number? or they still have to give it to me?

Thanks everyone.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The case number has WAC in front of the numbers. When looking up the case status always include the letters as well as the numbers.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

Ya the receipt number is like: WAC+10 digits. ok thank you :), I'll update my timeline when I get it in the mail.

Your good to go then. You can create an account on the USCIS website and put your case number in the portfolio.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

ok thx.

Should I create account now or wait until I get in the mail?

In timeline, for NOA1, which date should I put? When I got the e-mail/txt or when I get it in the mail?

Yeah! You can start completing your timeline. You can use the date from the text...it was approved, by then biggrin.gif Either way, one day or two, won't make a difference; so choose the one you like best good.gif

Edited by Celeste & C

Timeline

Mine starts with EAC o.O What's different?

EAC is Vermont.

Filed: Timeline

ok thx.Should I create account now or wait until I get in the mail? In timeline, for NOA1, which date should I put? When I got the e-mail/txt or when I get it in the mail?

Your "official" NOA1 date is your priority date. You will see this date on the NOA1 hard copy, or you can find it by going to the USCIS website and entering your receipt number. It'll say "On XX/XX/2012, we received this....."

You should use that date in your timeline for best accuracy.

Mine starts with EAC o.O What's different?

EAC is Vermont Service Center, WAC is California Service Center.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Your "official" NOA1 date is your priority date. You will see this date on the NOA1 hard copy, or you can find it by going to the USCIS website and entering your receipt number. It'll say "On XX/XX/2012, we received this....."

You should use that date in your timeline for best accuracy.

EAC is Vermont Service Center, WAC is California Service Center.

ok thanks for the tip.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.