NY_BX

ICE Arrests 3,168 Criminal Aliens in Sweep

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

ABC NewsBy Jason Ryan |

Immigration and Customs Enforcement said today it arrested 3,168 criminal aliens and fugitives in a six-day nationwide sweep in every state including Puerto Rico and The District of Colombia.

The operation dubbed "Cross-Check" included more than 2,834 individuals who had prior criminal convictions. ICE officials noted that 50 gang members and 149 convicted sex offenders were nabbed.

Although ICE has run similar operations called "Cross-Check," ICE Director John Morton said this was the largest to date.

"The results of this targeted enforcement operation underscore ICE's ongoing commitment and focus on the arrest and removal of convicted criminal aliens and those that game our nation's immigration system," Morton said at a press conference in Washington. "These are not people we want roaming our streets."

ICE officials said that most of the criminal aliens would be deported to their home countries. Among those arrested included 559 illegal re-entrants.

Notable arrests included:

Ignacio Franco-Galvez, a Mexican national living in Sacramento who had been removed on two previous occasions from the United States. He is allegedly a self-admitted gang member and had previously been convicted on drug and weapons charges going back to 1986.

Veasna Uy, a Cambodian national who was an immigration fugitive wanted for manslaughter and assault charges.

Jose Angel Duran-Ramos, a Mexican national living in El Paso, Texas, who had been convicted of murder in 1984 and had served 18 years in prison. ICE officials say he was an at-large criminal alien.

All of the defendants are in ICE custody pending removal proceedings. Among those arrested, 204 individuals have had their cases presented to the Justice Department for criminal prosecution on a variety of charges including illegal-re-entry.

Last year DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano announced a policy shift to focus more on removing criminal illegal immigrants, and repeat immigration law violators instead of conducting enforcement operations again non-violent immigration violators.

Don't ever do anything you're not willing to explain the paramedics.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Great job ICE!! Nice to hear they are doing alot of work in keeping us safe! Thanks for the post

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Timeline

Great job ICE!! Nice to hear they are doing alot of work in keeping us safe! Thanks for the post

Now, if only COPS could do that with criminals legally residing next door to us! :whistle:

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

I think all illegals should be sent back regardless of whether they are violent offenders or not. Either way, they are a drain on our resources.

Betsy El Sum

Timeline

I think all illegals should be sent back regardless of whether they are violent offenders or not. Either way, they are a drain on our resources.

I think anyone that doesn't contribute to our society is a drain in our resources- legal or not. Florida is proving that one "Zimmerman/ Casey Anthony" case at a time. I rather have 30 undocumented construction workers than 1 Shaun Winkler anyday!

Timeline

Great job by ICE!

To me, it is incomprehesnible that someone who has been granted the privelidge of living in a country can commit such serious crimes in the country that took them in. It's just disgusting really.

Absolutely! That applies to any country. Even worse, it is incomprehensible that anyone born in this country would choose a life of crime while others dream to have a better, legal, happy life.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

ABC NewsBy Jason Ryan |

Immigration and Customs Enforcement said today it arrested 3,168 criminal aliens and fugitives in a six-day nationwide sweep in every state including Puerto Rico and The District of Colombia.

The operation dubbed "Cross-Check" included more than 2,834 individuals who had prior criminal convictions. ICE officials noted that 50 gang members and 149 convicted sex offenders were nabbed.

Although ICE has run similar operations called "Cross-Check," ICE Director John Morton said this was the largest to date.

"The results of this targeted enforcement operation underscore ICE's ongoing commitment and focus on the arrest and removal of convicted criminal aliens and those that game our nation's immigration system," Morton said at a press conference in Washington. "These are not people we want roaming our streets."

ICE officials said that most of the criminal aliens would be deported to their home countries. Among those arrested included 559 illegal re-entrants.

Notable arrests included:

Ignacio Franco-Galvez, a Mexican national living in Sacramento who had been removed on two previous occasions from the United States. He is allegedly a self-admitted gang member and had previously been convicted on drug and weapons charges going back to 1986.

Veasna Uy, a Cambodian national who was an immigration fugitive wanted for manslaughter and assault charges.

Jose Angel Duran-Ramos, a Mexican national living in El Paso, Texas, who had been convicted of murder in 1984 and had served 18 years in prison. ICE officials say he was an at-large criminal alien.

All of the defendants are in ICE custody pending removal proceedings. Among those arrested, 204 individuals have had their cases presented to the Justice Department for criminal prosecution on a variety of charges including illegal-re-entry.

Last year DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano announced a policy shift to focus more on removing criminal illegal immigrants, and repeat immigration law violators instead of conducting enforcement operations again non-violent immigration violators.

Perfect! send them back home...save our hard earn money $$$; Great job ICE!!!! I wish this could be done on monthly basis I would definitly contribute my money to this fund.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Perfect! send them back home...save our hard earn money $$$; Great job ICE!!!! I wish this could be done on monthly basis I would definitly contribute my money to this fund.

Not True. What you don't understand is that Local Authorities/Jails/County Goverment make Revenues by retaining Illegals for periods of time and footing the Bill the US Citizens. ICE takes there sweet time and Local/State Goverments get a "Kickback" for detaining them in Jails. Prolonging the stay behind bars and thus a burden on taxpayers and job security for ICE Officials. Look at your County Jails and see the ICE Holds. It is not free to hold them.

A example would be my small town and look at the ICE holds an prolonged stays. The link might be private but I'll try to connect you./ Our Local Jail of a town of less than 20,000. They stopped using ICE Hold to detain in Police decriptions. Now they show United States Marshall Hold. Count those numbers.. USM Holds. Will shock you.... ICE SUCKS they make good money doing nothing. But thats life. Thats our system of things.

The Goverment is Fruad. Every Illegal is money to your County Goverment. 75% of our jail is ICE Cases. They make money prolonging their stays in Jail. See the dates...

http://www.co.columb...terFriendly.php

Edited by Tim/Mav

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Timeline

Not True. What you don't understand is that Local Authorities/Jails/County Goverment make Revenues by retaining Illegals for periods of time and footing the Bill the US Citizens. ICE takes there sweet time and Local/State Goverments get a "Kickback" for detaining them in Jails. Prolonging the stay behind bars and thus a burden on taxpayers and job security for ICE Officials. Look at your County Jails and see the ICE Holds. It is not free to hold them.

A example would be my small town and look at the ICE holds an prolonged stays. The link might be private but I'll try to connect you./ Our Local Jail of a town of less than 20,000. They stopped using ICE Hold to detain in Police decriptions. Now they show United States Marshall Hold. Count those numbers.. USM Holds. Will shock you.... ICE SUCKS they make good money doing nothing. But thats life. Thats our system of things.

The Goverment is Fruad. Every Illegal is money to your County Goverment. 75% of our jail is ICE Cases. They make money prolonging their stays in Jail. See the dates...

http://www.co.columb...terFriendly.php

Amen! Fear and bigotry campaigns makes us believe in empty rhetoric. Thanks for telling the truth.

Like I said, if you live here and you're a criminal, you should pay the price- whether you're legal or undocumented.

Edited by NY_BX

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

and then they sneak in again!!

Now, if only COPS could do that with criminals legally residing next door to us! :whistle:

cops don't care... too much paper work and their supervisor will get mad for bringing more work to the police department.

"Family time is very precious and you should cherish every moment of it."

01/20/12 - I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox.

01/26/12 - NOA1 received and processing at Vermont.

06/28/12 - NOA2 announced on status check.

06/29/12 - NVC received case learned on 07/2/12.

06/30/12 - Hard copy NOA2 received.

07/09/12 - NVC Casefile Number and IIN Issued.

07/16/12 - Receive and Sent DS-3032 via email.

07/17/12 - Mailed DS-3032 via mail, AOS bill received via email, paid online, Optin email sent.

07/18/12 - Optin accepted and new case number, AOS marked paid, emailed AOS packet.

07/24/12 - Assigned as Agent, IV Fee bill received via email, paid online.

07/25/12 - IV Fee marked paid, emailed IV packet.

07/31/12 - Emailed GZO Supplemental Packet 3.

08/02/12 - Case completed and commenced final review.

08/03/12 - Shipped all copies of forms/letters/documents to my wife - arriving on 8/9/12.

08/06/12 - Case completed final review.

08/09/12 - Appointment letter received via email interview date set 9/6/12.

08/14/12 - Medical exam done.

08/15/12 - Medical exam results all normal.

09/06/12 - Submitted required documents at the embassy and interview set next day at 0730.

09/07/12 - Visa approved, click here for review http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=10401 .

09/14/12 - Visa received on hand!

10/07/12 - Arrived at NYC! click here for review http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-poe-reviews.php?entry=15293

10/20/12 - Received welcome letter from USCIS.

10/25/12 - Green Card received!

"Nothing is more difficult than the art of maneuvering for advantageous positions." - Sun-Tzu

04/27/13 - Submitted DS-160 online for parent-in-laws and sister-in-law.

05/01/13 - Paid DS-160 or MRV Fee Payments on CGI Stanley.

05/03/13 - Made appointment for 05/16/13 on CGI Stanley.

05/16/13 - Arrived at GUZ and impromptu notice on the front it was closed.

05/30/13 - B2 visa interview passed! Read review here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/433263-b2-visa-was-approved-for-parentinlaw/ <p>

"Good ideas are not adopted automatically. They must be driven into practice with courageous patience." - ADM Hyman G. Rickover

08/08/14 - Mailed I-175 application.

08/11/14 - I-175 arrived at VSC.

08/18/14 - Received NOA1 with date 08/12/14.

08/27/14 - Received biometrics appointment for 09/09/14.

02/27/15 - GC in production from email notification.

03/02/15 - Received NOA2 with approval dated 02/25/15.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.