56 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

How can you claim to have got married on the spur of the moment if you were already married to your wife before you entered on the VWP?

and please dont quote that you have simmilar situation to me because you dont.... I was single when I entered the US and although I have known my now husband for many years as the son of a family friend we were not involved with eachother at my time of entry... nothing simmilar to your situation...

Kezzie

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does it? Please elaborate.

How can you claim to have got married on the spur of the moment if you were already married to your wife before you entered on the VWP?

and please dont quote that you have simmilar situation to me because you dont.... I was single when I entered the US and although I have known my now husband for many years as the son of a family friend we were not involved with eachother at my time of entry... nothing simmilar to your situation...

Kezzie

Kezzie,

When did I claim to have married on the spur of the moment? You are confusing me with someone else.

I said spur of the moment because that is the circumstance where you can adjust status from a VWP.... you entered with no intent to remain and got married on the spur of the moment....

If as you say you were already married and you entered the US with the intent to remain then you have commited visa fraud....

Kezzie

I said spur of the moment because that is the circumstance where you can adjust status from a VWP.... you entered with no intent to remain and got married on the spur of the moment....

If as you say you were already married and you entered the US with the intent to remain then you have commited visa fraud....

Kezzie

Wrong. You can adjust on the VWP if you have been married for any number of years. You just have to prove you din't intend to remain when you entered the US.

Filed: Other Timeline
Does it? Please elaborate.

I shall be happy too.

First of all - grammatically it's contradictory.

Then there is this:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;#entry465217

And then this:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;#entry465797

This is interesting as well:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;#entry469871

I think you might want to be cautious what you post on a public message board. You don't have your greencard in hand yet.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

i dont knwo about everyone here,.....but im grabbing the popcorn. lol

Oct 29th 2004 -Met online
Oct 29th -First phone call
Dec 25th -She purposed and i said Yes!
May 10th I-130 Packet and Packet 3 sent off to me by the U.S. Consulate
May 16th -Received Packets 1-3 from the U.S. consulate
June 29th -I arrived in Puerto-Rico!
July 2nd -Married in Mayaguez, Puerto-Rico and also got our interview date for September 6th
August 17th -We arrived in Australia to file for Sep. 6th
September 6th - Filed DCF in Sydney and approved 1 hour later!
September 12 -Received my passport with the visa and yellow packet
November 24th -POE.......Guam,USA
December 12, 2005-Green Card arrived in the mail
September 11, 2007 -Filed I-751 on conditions
September 17 -VSC Receives my I-751 and issues NOA1
Oct 10 -Had biometrics taken in San Juan, Puerto Rico ASC
Oct 12 -Touched.
Aug 21, 2008 -Approved!...........finally
Sep 17, 2008 -Mailed off N-400
Oct 22, 2008 -Biometrics taken in San Juan ASC
Feb 12, 2009 -N-400 Interview
Feb 26, 2009 -Oath.....the end.

....................................*What we do in this life will have an echo in the life to come*...............................

Well I hope you read it carefully and allow it to sink in. The arguements flare up here all the time and it goes round and round and the 'have' and 'have not' camps, the 'do's' and 'don't's' will keep on and on believing they are right. And I am aware this is a public forum, I sort of gathered that when I joined. Your point being?

Filed: Other Timeline
Well I hope you read it carefully and allow it to sink in. The arguements flare up here all the time and it goes round and round and the 'have' and 'have not' camps, the 'do's' and 'don't's' will keep on and on believing they are right. And I am aware this is a public forum, I sort of gathered that when I joined. Your point being?

I'm merely quoting you.

Those reading your comments can decide for themselves.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hello again!

first of all i think you got yourself in an avalanche here, i mean what startes as missintepreted comment now seems like im a true nazi racist and proclaim i dont know what! so please liste for a second ok?

besides the discussion of freedom of speach and stuff like that i'm trying to explain my comment further so you can either see that you really cought up on each other calling me a racist and batting me into the ground rather than thinking for yourelf. which was always happenes in a group of people versus an individuum. think for yourself, make your own opinions. but thats enough with that now.

my comment was geard towards to things:

- people that work in ajob get routine pretty soon. this is a human prcoess if you have to dfo the same work for some time. look at the number and you see that way more Greencards are applied for with couples from other countrys than germany. this is not racis or menat to show germany is better or anything. if you make a diagram than hispanic couples or asian couples (chinese, thai, korean, all) are higher in numbers than Germany. if you feel offended then you clearly cant draw aline between fact and emotion. and i dont say this to proove anything, i say this because of "routine" the USA is more concerned (in lack of a better word) with the high numbers. A worker that sees this will be attuned to that. human psychology. the waiting rom was basically a "nutshell" for these numbers. dont beoffended if it is the truth! im not offended that germany has a bad history with hitler all this ######! its the truth and we have to coop with it. sure it hurts but its fact. if you cannot deal with that should should not read this thread, like the discplaimer of music/movies if it offends you dont watch/listen to it.

im not a racist, i dont think a race is better than another. period. i did not want to insult anyone for BEEING an asian/white couple or whatever, i just commented on the big pink elephant in the room so to speak. ignore it, aknowledge it it does not change its presence.

and to end this thread hopefully on a neutral terms: if your a real couple why feel attacked when its not you im talking about? so please calm down and get back with your own business.

thank you for listening

Andreas

Andreas 3dflagsdotcom_gerna_2faws.gif& Tracey 3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif

Andreas (Germany) & Tracey (USC)

10/19/2005 - Andy entered USA om B2 Visitor Visa to visit Friend.

11/21/2005 - Andy flys to L.A to check out VFX Houses.

12/05/2006 - Andy meets Tracey for first Time. clicked right away ;-)

12/22/2005 - Andy moves in with Tracey to spend X-mass

12/31/2005 - Decision is made for Andy to stay in the US with Tracey (New Years Resolution)

02/14/2006 - Engagement! (Valentines Day)

03/06/2006 - Wedding in Las Vegas!!!

03/10/2006 - Resgistered on VisaJourney to guide AOS

05/04/2006 - Mailed Pertitions (UPS OVERNIGHT)

05/10/2006 - NOA 1 received

05/18/2006 - Letter Biometrics received

06/01/2006 - Biometrics taken successfully

06/10/2006 - RFE - missing medical exam

06/12/2006 - Medicam Exam

06/17/2006 - Received Medical Result in sealed Envelope

06/17/2006 - Mailed Envelope to USCIS

06/30/2006 - Interview Date received / I765/EAD Approved

07/05/2006 - EAD Card Received

07/10/2006 - SSC Received

10/02/2006 - Interview at 7:50am -> Approved after 12 minutes :)

10/13/2006 - Friday the 13th - GREENCARD RECEIVED!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Adjusting from tourist status (be it VWP or B2) is an option for those already in the country whose plans have changed, whther they are married on entry or they marry once inside the US. However, intent when you are already married becomes tricky - and we know that the intent is what it's all about. However, one must also bear in mind that Pucklechurch was presumably asked the purpose of his visit when he came through the POE, and as he rightly stated, none of us were there.

I believe Andreas may have been trying to make the point that Germany is not typically a high-fraud country, in his own clumsy way. I don't believe it was designed to be a deliberately racist statement; merely an observation. At least, I took it that way (three pages of the thread later) and I hope that is the case.

:star:

Make sure you're wearing clean knickers. You never know when you'll be run over by a bus.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I don't blame you for losing your cool. It seems the story has changed now and it wasn't really because he was white. It was because his is German and all of the other people in the room were not. Evidently there are so few Germans coming to America that they just forget the laws and give them the green card.

Be careful because anybody that took offense to this post does not have a " real marriage " and should not read or answer this thread. It is like books or movies that are offensive.

This is a public forum!!!! People will disagree with you and it is public for them also. Everybody is allowed to participate. Even those that do not agree with you!!!!

...more than the fiftysecond Asian/white couple etc.

well, considering the fact that it has been 427 days since we filed our AOS, and still no greencard...we must be part of "etc."

'course...my husband is a "big white guy from Europe". :whistle:

you know...it really pisses me off. we followed ALL the rules...he came on a K-1, we got married, we filed for AOS...he's been in the US for 17 months and yet, we're still waiting. this dude cheated the system, and then comes here all cocky and arrogant trying to tell us that it was a piece of cake just because he's white? UNBELIEVABLE. :blink:

10 Nov mailed I 129F to TSC

16 Nov 29 Nov Notice date

3 Dec Received NOA 1

3 Jan 05 Please I just want to be touched

3 may 05 NOA2 E mail notification

7 May 05 Mail NOA2

11 May 05 sent petition to Bogota

18 May Packet 3 arrived

19 May Checklist taken to consulate

31 May Packet 4 delivered

29 June visa granted

1 July Visa delivered

Sometime in July Lucero came to US

13 Sept 05 Married

1 Nov 05 -USCIS recieved 485 and EAD

13 December RFE stupid things I should have included Returned very quickly

27 March received bio letter for New Orleans

7 Apr_06 Bio done in New Orleans

20 April 06 Touched on all applications

21 April Email received EAD approved

27 Apr Received EAD card

30 May 2006 Received appointment letter for JaX on 13 July 2006

13 July Interview successful approved

20 July Received green card

30 June 08 Sent I751 to remove conditions

25 July 08 Application returned erroneously incorrect fee

27 July mailed new application with separate checks

15 Sept 08 Application returned erroneously K2 not within 90 day timeframe

17 Sept Mailed 3rd application with mountains of proof of error copied Senator Mel Martinez

09 October 4th application package sent. This time they said the app signature page was a copy

10 Oct Sent package again 4th time.

25 Oct Received another NOA for Wife with $625 for the amount with one year extension

30 Oct 2008 Still nothing for step daughter. Checks still haven't cleared the bank

24 November Checks finally cleared the bank

February biometrics for wife Nothing for daughter.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

congratz! :D

La Verdadera y El Sincero - Siempre

2005 - 2006 Spent falling in love

22 May 2006 My journey to Nigeria

24 May 2006 David proposes to me

9 June 2006 Mailed I129F to TSC

30 June 2006 NOA-1

Case Transferred to CSC

27 July 2006 Touched

5 Sept 2006 Called USCIS for case / IMBRA status

14 Sept 2006 Touched

19 Sept 2006 Touched Again!

23 Sept 2006 Received IMBRA RFE by postal mail (postmarked 20 Sept 2006)

25 Sept 2006 Response to IMBRA RFE sent Priority Mail w/Delivery Confirmation

29 Sept 2006 Rec'd Email stating RFE received

1 Oct 2006 Touched - Same RFE rec'd message

17 Oct 2006 NOA-2 Rec'd via Email

23 Oct 2006 NOA-2 Rec'd via Postal Mail

9 Nov 2006 Email from NVC (response to my inquiry) w/NVC case# - file to Lagos 6 Nov

13 Nov 2006 Received NVC letter via Postal Mail

20 Nov 2006 Fiance went to Lagos Consulate- Interview Date Received

7 Feb 2007 Interview-VISA GRANTED!!! -

12 Feb 2007 Visa in Hand!!! ***Scheduled arrival 23 Feb 2007***

23 Feb 2007 Arrived JFK USA!!!

12 May 2007 Married

23 May 2007 Filed AOS

25 May 2007 Rec'd NOA1

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
and to end this thread hopefully on a neutral terms: if your a real couple why feel attacked when its not you im talking about? so please calm down and get back with your own business.

thank you for listening

Andreas

You were doing such a great job of trying to explain your weak position.....and yet you throw in another insult at the end.

If you post something in a PUBLIC forum, and it is offensive to me, than I have a right to state that I am offended by it; just as you claim your right to make what I perceive to be very offensive statements.

YOU MADE IT MY BUSINESS. YOU used OFFENSIVE TERMS such as "Fifty Second Asian/White couples". You made it even more insulting by adding "etc."

Dude, just stopped insulting people. It IS possible to post comments and observations without insulting people. Most people on here do quite a good job of that.

Ed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.