Andrea&Henry

Im scared! no taxes from 2011, only a W2

28 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello! just want to ask about your interview in embassy! did they ask you if you have receive the letter from them? cause i already have a scheduled embassy interview his coming April 12. and i still don't have the letter of instructions packet from them. i made my appointments using only my MNL case #! please i need your suggestions

Did he provide you with a copy of the request for an extension and the acceptance of said extension for his 2011 income tax return?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello! just want to ask about your interview in embassy! did they ask you if you have receive the letter from them? cause i already have a scheduled embassy interview his coming April 12. and i still don't have the letter of instructions packet from them. i made my appointments using only my MNL case #! please i need your suggestions

As far as I know it isnt required to submit tax info with the 134 but it is done in many cases. At my embassy they request tax info most of the time for example but it isnt required. Check with your embassy

One question would be to find out if the embassy would even allow the use of a co sponsor. Some do, some dont in K 1 cases. Doesnt sound like you need one anway. However I dont understand the meaning of " the point is" sentence. It seems to indicate someone gave you tax info for 3 years.

What may be needed is your fiances' tax transcripts for at least one year. If the most recent year didnt fairly reflect his income then he should supply more years to create an average.

If he is going to submit only tax forms & not transcripts those forms must include all supporting documentation. Submitting a W 2 only will probably result in a request for more info therefore a denial until its submitted. If he is going to get an extension for 2011 it is then correct to supply the extension info.

Contact the IRS by phone, on line or in person to obtain the free transcripts. Get them by fax, mail or in person at any IRS office.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

JAJAJAJA NOOOOOOmy fiance is the who makes 56K per year and his step dad our CO SPONSOR is the one who is president of a latin american bank.I don't how much money he makes but I bet it should be a lot. But we're worry cause he has not his taxes from 2011 yet. Only a w2

This is very difficult to understand & follow. This co sponsor is a citizen of what country? And lives where? From what you say he is paying taxes in the USA. Is that correct? Your worry should be if the embassy allows a co sponsor; then if that income is generated outside the USA.

Again if your fiance makes 56K there shouldnt be a problem as long as his taxes are paid.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hi there,

I didn't have the time to read all the responses your post got, so I don't know if someone already mentioned this.

I wanted to say I went through the same situation and I used a co-sponsor and it all went well.

You need to make sure that, apart from the documents from your co-sponsor, you have:

1.) The most recent taxes he filed, in your case, 2010 and 2009.

2.) Any communication/letter from IRS proving that he asked for the extension.

3.) Also add a letter from the petitioner(your fiance), mentioning your situation.

And I have a VERY IMPORTANT ADVICE for you. Although it seems that the visa process is the same for each country, there are slight differences in the requirements for different consulates in different countries. So call the consulate you would be attending the interview at, explain your case and they will tell you what documents you need to provide. If necessary, postpone the interview until you have all the required documents and don't risk your interview that is in ten days without the right documents.

Edited by bunnyjax

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hi, If you are talking about not receiving your Package #3 from the embassy, it is fine as long as you received Package #4(which is nothing but a letter asking you to contact the embassy for the interview or providing you with an interview date). They didn't send me Package #3(info package) either, they directly sent package #4 asking me to attend the interview.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

This is very difficult to understand & follow. This co sponsor is a citizen of what country? And lives where? From what you say he is paying taxes in the USA. Is that correct? Your worry should be if the embassy allows a co sponsor; then if that income is generated outside the USA.

Again if your fiance makes 56K there shouldnt be a problem as long as his taxes are paid.

Yep a lil bit. My co sponsor who he is my fiancee's stepdad, he is a president of a bank in latinamerica. He lives in Miami most of the times but works in Costa rica (where the Corporate Headquarters is) he has to travel at least once a month to San Jose. He's an american citizen, with his residence in Florida. He pays his taxes every year. He also have other bussiness in the US.

My fiance makes 56 but taxes from 2010 where wayyyy less cause he was unemployed back then. That's why we rather to take his stepdad as co sponsor, just in case. But his stepdad (my co sponsor)submmitted taxes from 2008, 2009, and 2010. He has no W2 (I thought he had) but he doesn't work in the US. But instead he gave us a job letter and his bank letter. He asked for an extension for his 2011 taxes. I hope that it shouldnt be a problem

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Yep a lil bit. My co sponsor who he is my fiancee's stepdad, he is a president of a bank in latinamerica. He lives in Miami most of the times but works in Costa rica (where the Corporate Headquarters is) he has to travel at least once a month to San Jose. He's an american citizen, with his residence in Florida. He pays his taxes every year. He also have other bussiness in the US.

My fiance makes 56 but taxes from 2010 where wayyyy less cause he was unemployed back then. That's why we rather to take his stepdad as co sponsor, just in case. But his stepdad (my co sponsor)submmitted taxes from 2008, 2009, and 2010. He has no W2 (I thought he had) but he doesn't work in the US. But instead he gave us a job letter and his bank letter. He asked for an extension for his 2011 taxes. I hope that it shouldnt be a problem

Your fiances current income is what is most important. He cant support you from what he didnt earn or from 2010 income anyway. 56 K is way more than is required. All he needs to do is verify that income & the fact that he doesnt owe the IRS.

You still dont acknowledge the fact that the embassy may or may not even accept a co sponsor. Ignoring the possiblity could result in diaster. That could be a bigger problem than his tax status.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

okay... I think you have little worries or none, if you have a co-sponsor that is president of a bank.

But, if the bank is in central america, then is the co-sponsor a US citizen?

If not, then... back to square one.

07/27/2011...........NOA1 received.

12/05/2011...........RFE received.

12/13/2011...........RFE response sent.

12/16/2011...........RFE RESPONSE received by Vermont S.C.

12/22/2011...........Teased by a text-message from uscis, saying they have received my response to the RFE.

12/30/2011...........LA VISA APROVADOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

01/12/2012...........Case Sent To Bogota Colombia, from the National Visa Center.

02/09/2012...........Schedule Interview.

03/23/2012...........Interview (to take place then)!

04/07/2012...........Arrived in USA.

07/01/2012...........MARRIED!

What next?

.......How the days DO slip away!

Timeline

okay... I think you have little worries or none, if you have a co-sponsor that is president of a bank.

But, if the bank is in central america, then is the co-sponsor a US citizen?

If not, then... back to square one.

Yes he is an american citizen and live in the US, once a month he travels to Costa Rica to work. But he mostly manage his work through internet.

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Timeline

People need to read the posts more carefully BEFORE replying. Based upon what you wrote you will have no problems.

THANKSSSSSSSSSSS FINALLY!!

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

If your fiance makes 56k now, it should not matter that he was unemployed in 2010. Just show his 2011 taxes, letter from employer stating his position and salary, and a few months worth of his most recent pay stubs to prove his current income. That amount is more than enough for 2 people. No co-sponsor would be needed at all. If he provides all that, and you still send in the co-sponsor's information too, then I am quite sure there should be no problems at all for you. They would just go by your fiance's I-134 and $56k he earns, since he qualifies on his own.

Edited by Jay-Kay

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Preparing corporate tax does not take that long;if the client has all the required documents. I just finished doing 2 corporate tax returns last night in 3 hours. Since you have 10 days before the interview, the individual tax can be done as long as he has all the documents. As other people have said here, some embassies are already asking for 2011 tax return. Good luck.

JAJAJAJA NOOOOOOmy fiance is the who makes 56K per year and his step dad our CO SPONSOR is the one who is president of a latin american bank.I don't how much money he makes but I bet it should be a lot. But we're worry cause he has not his taxes from 2011 yet. Only a w2

REALESTATE BROKER & MORTGAGE LOAN ORIGINATOR

STATE OF CALIFORNIA

12fa14f592.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.