Peace....

Are we approved maybe?

31 posts in this topic

Congratulations!

01/27/2011 - Trevor's N400 submitted
02/18/2011 - Married
04/02/2011 - NOA1 hard copy received - priority date 03/30/2011
07/08/2011 - Trevor is now a USC - called USCIS to request upgrade of the petition.
08/02/2011 - NOA2
09/08/2011 - LND case number received, medical booked
09/26/2011 - Case complete at NVC
09/30/2011 - Interview date assigned
11/08/2011 - Interview - approved!!
11/10/2011 - Visa in hand
12/04/2011 - POE in Atlanta
12/12/2011 - SSN number received in mail
12/12/2011 - Welcome notice received
01/06/2012 - Green card received
09/06/2013 - File for Removal of Conditions
10/01/2013 - Biometrics for ROC
02/03/2014 - Card production email received

02/17/2014 - 2nd card production email received

02/28/2014 - 10 year Green card received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Woohoo!!! :D:D Congrats, I'm really happy for you guys:)))

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OMG we have waited so patiently since we applied last April for our AOS. We are just so happy right now, I guess we won't be needing his new EAD/AP if it comes after the Green Card. OMG I am just soooo happy I am just beyond myself.

This journey was long and going through the Moroccan Consulate was by far the hardest but we made it and now we can sit back a few years and wait to file for ROC. My mind is at ease now and my hubby has a BIG SMILE on his face as well.

Thank you visa journey for all your great advice and help through this journey. I have made some wonderful friends here and hope to make many more.

:D

Moroccan-Americanflag.jpg

Met in December 2008

Married in Morocco December 22, 2009

Filed IR1/CR1 - April 2010

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

Response to RFE - December 22, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Paid AOS and IV Bill - January 27, 2011

Sent AOS/IV documents - March 15 2011

NVC received/signed for documents - March 17

Interview May 10

APPROVED

Filed: Timeline

Thank you all for your kind words. Upon receiving the email yesterday re: his permanent residency card, I cannot tell you what an emotional, frustrating, seemingly un-ending, expensive, uncertain and stressful experience this has been over the past few years. Many of you know the feeling. I went through a phase where I was even checking the USCIS processing every day, counting the days until my husband was free to live in this country as a free human being, contributing to society, and being able to pursue his dreams. I then realized that this approach was doing me more harm than good, so I disciplined myself to get on with my life and check only periodically to see what was going on.

Our happy day has finally arrived...and it is almost overwhelming after all the drama and stress... I surely thought we were going to be one of those couples who had to wait a year or more to see that welcome letter and an approval as it seem time just wasn't on our side anymore.

I know these words may sound hollow...but we have been in most of your shoes. Keep your heads up, do not obsess with this if you can avoid it...find a balance between living in the present and looking into the future. I cannot know all your problems - some of you are having much more trouble than we had, but stay strong. It will happen. I want to say thank you all for your contributions to this forum, IT IS A EXCELLENT RESOURCE, and provided us with a lot of useful information, advice and encouragement.

I will stay in touch with this board as you all go through the process as well...and I wish you all the best in your own paths!!

Mohammed and Darlene

Edited by foreverwaiting

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

CONGRATS!!!!!

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Slovenia
Timeline

I remember you from Aprill 2011 filers thread! :) Congratulations on your husband's GC! :dance:

My Immigration Journey:

K1: June 2010 - December 2010

AOS: April 2011 - June 2011

ROC: April 2013 - August 2013

Naturalization: March 2014 - August 2014

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Nope we never tried anything but a little patience. I could see other timelines in Cincinnati and some got green cards asap and there are some still waiting for over a year.

Good luck and I hope you hear something real soon too.

So you'll never believe this... WE WERE APPROVED TODAY!!! :dance:

Daniel & Laura

NOA1 Received: 10-15-10

Contacted Congressmen: 3-15-10

Contacted Congressmen again and got approval: 4-13-10

Contacted VSC (2nd tier) to confirm approval: 4-14-10

NOA2 Received: 4-15-10 (182 days from NOA1)

Arrived at NVC, new case # assigned: 4-19-11

Left NVC: 4-20-11

Arrives at BOG consulate: 4-27-11

Package 3 forms sent: 4-27-11

Interview: 6-16-11 APPROVED!!!!!

Picked up visa/passport at DOMESA: 6-22-11

Daniel comes to the USA: 7-5-11

OUR WEDDING DAY!!! 7-22-11

Mailed AOS documents: 8-29-11

AOS received in Chicago: 8-30-11

NOA1 received: 9-2-11

I797c appointment notice received: 9-12-11

Biometrics appointment: 9-26-11

Transfered to CSC 10-5-11

I-765 approved 11-5-11

Received EAD 11-17-11

Called USCIS to get update...CSC working June cases 1/12

Called USCIS for "service request" 2/12

Called USCIS for results...CSC working December cases 3-13-12

Contacted Congressman 3-22-12

AOS APPROVED!! 3-23-12

GREEN CARD RECEIVED!!! 3-27-12

event.png

Filed: Timeline

I remember you from Aprill 2011 filers thread! :) Congratulations on your husband's GC! :dance:

Yep that we me LOL. Best wishes you to as well.

So you'll never believe this... WE WERE APPROVED TODAY!!! :dance:

OMGGGGosh That is wonderful so happy for you both. Woohooo I bet your feeling what I am feeling, it's just overwhelming to hear such good news.

• 1 year later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

I got the same today

On July 18, 2013, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before receiving your card, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

During this step the formal decision (approved/denied) is written and the decision notice is mailed and/or emailed to the applicant/petitioner. You can use our current processing time to gauge when you can expect to receive a final decision.

My Question is can you still get approved without the interview; we didnt get an interview; does this mean where getting the "Green Card" or otherwise without interview?

Thanks guys

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.