Timeline

1. Country USC resides in: France

2. Is there a USCIS field office in this country / Is DCF still possible? No

3. When did you file the I-130: 2013-02-06

4. How long had you been living abroad: 2,5 years

5. Do you reside in the country legally? Yes

6. What is the reason for your residence: Went to live with my wife

7. Did you list your foreign address on all forms in I-130 package? Yes and No

8. Did you send I-130 package from abroad? no - sent it as soon as USC arrived in the US

9. Did you include evidence of your residence abroad in the I-130 package? yes, lease & french bank account, utilities, we even included some docs to show we resided together in the UK.

10. Did you mention the fact you reside abroad in the cover letter or write a letter describing your current situation and the evolution of your relationship with your spouse (mentioning your residence abroad)? Yes, it appears in the forms, also the address on the cover letter

11. Has your case been "auto-expedited"? How long between NOA1 and NOA2? Now waiting , case still not available online after over a month

I don't know whether ours will be auto expedited as my husband (the USC) lived with us until the day we sent our I130s so he could start his new job there.

We did include joint leases,bank accounts from France and precised in the cover letter that he was living with us up until that date.

It has been 32 days now and still nothing, not even online.... :-/

I'm the beneficiary
Married June 2010

USCIS (49 days) NVC (42 days)

02/06/13 I130 sent 04/12/2013 NVC received file

02/08/13 I130 delivered to Phoenix Lockbox 04/23/2013 Case numbers assigned and DS3032 emailed

02/13/13 NOA1 04/29/2013 Cases finally linked for AOS payment - paid straightaway

02/13/13 Fees cashed on 05/02/2013 DS3032 accepted
02/16/13 I797 received (pd 02/08/2013) 05/03/2013 AOS packages sent
04/02/2013 Available on USCIS website 05/03/2013 IV fee paid
04/03/2013 NOA2 05/04/2013 AOS status 'PAID'

04/08/2013 Paper NOA2 received 05/06/2013 IV package sent
05/08/2013 AOS and IV delivered to NVC
05/17/2013 Expedite request filed

05/21/2013 IV Package approved (9 bus. days)

05/22/2013 AOS on hold (new version used)
05/24/2013 Expedite approved by Paris Embassy (docs shipped on same day)

EMBASSY (Paris) POE 08/15/2013 PHI

05/24/2013 applications received by email

05/2/2013 paper applications received

05/30/2013 moved from 'in transit' to 'ready' on DOS

06/03/2013 email received for medical and interview

06/21/2013 medical

06/26/2013 interview - APPROVED!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

1. Country USC resides in: Ireland

3. When did you file the I-130: 2013-02-07

4. How long had you been living abroad: 7 years

6. What is the reason for your residence: Employment / Wife

7. Did you list your foreign address on all forms in I-130 package? Yes

8. Did you send I-130 package from abroad? No - sent by immigration lawyer in US

9. Did you include evidence of your residence abroad in the I-130 package? Yes - Lease, Financial Statements

10. Did you mention the fact you reside abroad in the cover letter or write a letter describing your current situation and the evolution of your relationship with your spouse (mentioning your residence abroad)? Yes.

11. Has your case been "auto-expedited"? How long between NOA1 and NOA2? Yes. I-130 approved in 35 days between e-mail NOA1/NOA2 notifications.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Is there a master list somewhere with people who may fall into the "auto expedited" category who have filed from overseas? Or current and historical times for CR-1 visas filed from overseas addresses?

I have looked through a lot of this topic but 26 pages is daunting! It does appear though that people are still being auto expedited in around 40 days or so.

Hi whitey,

This is your master list. I know 26 pages is a lot, but if you want to fully understand this topic, I highly recommend you read through it all.

Good Luck!

USCIS Stage

February 17th, 2012 - NOA1 Email

March 1st, 2012 - NOA2 Email (USC residing abroad)

NVC Stage

March 12th 2012 - Received

March 21st, 2012 - Case Number received

April 20th, 2012 - Case Closed

May 1st, 2012 - Interview scheduled

Embassy

May 29th, 2012 - Interview - Approved!

June 6th, 2012 - Passport with visa delivered

July 29th, 2012 - POE together in Houston

August 6th, 2012 - Social Security Card Received

August 16th, 2012 - Green Card Received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

1. Country USC resides in: France

3. When did you file the I-130: January 2013

4. How long had you been living abroad: Almost 2 years

6. What is the reason for your residence: Spouse visa

7. Did you list your foreign address on all forms in I-130 package? Yes

8. Did you send I-130 package from abroad? Yes

9. Did you include evidence of your residence abroad in the I-130 package? Yes. Copies of french tax returns and spouse visas.

10. Did you mention the fact you reside abroad in the cover letter or write a letter describing your current situation and the evolution of your relationship with your spouse (mentioning your residence abroad)? We wrote our french address on the cover letter.

11. Has your case been "auto-expedited"? How long between NOA1 and NOA2? Yes, 39 days !

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

This is really an interesting topic. I never knew that there is a faster queue.

I have few questions regarding this. I have dual citizenship of US and Pakistan. I recently got married in Pakistan and looking to file I-130 for my spouse. My parents and my spouse live in my home country and I visit them every year. So I have an address there as well.

- Can i use my foreign (Pakistani) address in I-130 application and US address in DS230 form ? This way I will get my I-130 approve quicker.

I can show my Pakistani ID card for the address in Pakistan. I also have my marriage certificates, affidavits made issued in Pakistan. Will that work ?

- I am working in US and I am looking to file AOS for my spouse as well. Will that be an issue if I list the foreign address in I-130 and then a job in Us ?

- If I proceed this path, do I have to go to the Embassy for the interview with my spouse ?

Please, let me know if any dual citizenship holders has such experience or if any one else can advise.

Edited by Faraz.azeem

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

This is really an interesting topic. I never knew that there is a faster queue.

I have few questions regarding this. I have dual citizenship of US and Pakistan. I recently got married in Pakistan and looking to file I-130 for my spouse. My parents and my spouse live in my home country and I visit them every year. So I have an address there as well.

- Can i use my foreign (Pakistani) address in I-130 application and US address in DS230 form ? This way I will get my I-130 approve quicker.

I can show my Pakistani ID card for the address in Pakistan. I also have my marriage certificates, affidavits made issued in Pakistan. Will that work ?

- I am working in US and I am looking to file AOS for my spouse as well. Will that be an issue if I list the foreign address in I-130 and then a job in Us ?

- If I proceed this path, do I have to go to the Embassy for the interview with my spouse ?

Please, let me know if any dual citizenship holders has such experience or if any one else can advise.

Well, this is just my opinion but I don´t think you can or should list a foreign address if you actually don´t reside there.

I'm the beneficiary.

USCIS
02/05/13 - Sent I-130 to Chicago Lockbox
02/14/13 - I-130 delivered
02/19/13 - NOA1 email, routed to NBC smile.png
03/29/13 - NOA2! (38 days from NOA1)
04/03/13 - Shipped to NVC

NVC
04/09/13 - NVC received
04/17/13 - Case number and IIN received
04/17/13 - Sent DS3032 email
04/23/13 - AoS fee invoiced and paid
04/24/13 - Resent DS3032 (Supervisor review), accepted within the hour

04/25/13 - IV fee invoiced

04/30/13 - IV fee paid

04/30/13 - IV and AOS packages sent together

05/02/13 - Packages delivered

05/13/13 - Expedite request sent

05/14/13 - IV packet accepted

05/16/13 - Expedite granted

05/21/13 - Case sent to embassy

Embassy

05/24/13 - Case arrived at embassy (according to DHL)

05/29/13 - Case arrived at embassy (according to embassy) Interview date scheduled!

06/05/13 - Medical

06/14/13 - Interview - APPROVED!

07/22/13 - POE Atlanta

Filed: Timeline

Oh my. I did not read through your whole thread- but I believe you are way off with your entire concept of exactly what is going on here. There is no expediting going on here. It just appears that way.

All 130s are processed the same way. You fill it out based on the address where the USC lives. So if you live in the US you fill out a US address on the 130. If you live overseas you fill out an overseas address on the 130. It generally gets sent to the lockbox. (unless you live somewhere where you can DCF)

Once they get it, it goes to a service center. They check it for completion, or do whatever it is they do on it, and then send it off to the 'local office' for processing. Thats where the processing times vary. Its a stand alone 130 when youre filing for the CR1. They dont notify you of the switch off to the local office. The only way you know of the transfer is if you call and specifically inquire where is my case. So people who reside in most of Europe have the 'local office' of London. Their posted processing times for the 130 are currently at 2 weeks. Because well, London doesnt get many. People in the US whose 130s get sent to local offices like NY or CT have processing times of 5-6 months. Hence it seems like you are being expedited but you are not.

You are just being routed to your correct local office with jurisdiction. Overseas offices are much quicker at processing stand alone 130s because they get less of them, have a better staff, and arent so overworked.

If you truly do reside overseas, the best thing you can do is fill out the paperwork properly. Fill out the forms with your overseas address. This will ensure the 'local office' that has jurisdiction is the over seas office with the quick processing times.

For some reason a lot of people choose to use a US address even though they are overseas because they feel the US address is more secure, and maybe it is, but by using a US address, youre causing your local address to cause your base to be local hence your jurisdiction to be different and the processing times will change. (possibly not in your favor)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh my. I did not read through your whole thread- but I believe you are way off with your entire concept of exactly what is going on here. There is no expediting going on here. It just appears that way.

All 130s are processed the same way. You fill it out based on the address where the USC lives. So if you live in the US you fill out a US address on the 130. If you live overseas you fill out an overseas address on the 130. It generally gets sent to the lockbox. (unless you live somewhere where you can DCF)

Once they get it, it goes to a service center. They check it for completion, or do whatever it is they do on it, and then send it off to the 'local office' for processing. Thats where the processing times vary. Its a stand alone 130 when youre filing for the CR1. They dont notify you of the switch off to the local office. The only way you know of the transfer is if you call and specifically inquire where is my case. So people who reside in most of Europe have the 'local office' of London. Their posted processing times for the 130 are currently at 2 weeks. Because well, London doesnt get many. People in the US whose 130s get sent to local offices like NY or CT have processing times of 5-6 months. Hence it seems like you are being expedited but you are not.

You are just being routed to your correct local office with jurisdiction. Overseas offices are much quicker at processing stand alone 130s because they get less of them, have a better staff, and arent so overworked.

If you truly do reside overseas, the best thing you can do is fill out the paperwork properly. Fill out the forms with your overseas address. This will ensure the 'local office' that has jurisdiction is the over seas office with the quick processing times.

For some reason a lot of people choose to use a US address even though they are overseas because they feel the US address is more secure, and maybe it is, but by using a US address, youre causing your local address to cause your base to be local hence your jurisdiction to be different and the processing times will change. (possibly not in your favor)

I'm not sure "who" you're responding to, but this thread is over a year old.

Local offices for our cases were NOT a thing a year ago.

The abroad "auto expedite" still exists, though also seems a little hairy because of the new process.

Edited by KDH

oldlady.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Please do not confuse people with misinformation. Applications filed from abroad are sent to the National Benefits Centre in Missouri...and are processed FROM THAT OFFICE. NOT from a local office in the USC's country of residence. Applications originating in the US ARE sent to local offices. And yes, their processing times can differ widely.

For the poster who asked if they could list a foreign residence even if they don't live there...it is NEVER in your best interests to give USCIS, the NVC, or the DOS incorrect information. Do not lie, not even a little bit. You do not live abroad. Don't tell the US government that you do. You don't want anything coming back to bite you in the butt. Unfortunately for this process, you simply have to wait your turn.

Edited by MeredythB

Our Visa Timeline
USCIS
11/23/12: Package Mailed to Chicago Lockbox from Ireland
11/28/12: Arrived at Lockbox, Signed for by JOHN
11/30/12: NOA1; Transferred to NBC
12/06/12: NOA1 Hard Copy Received
12/19/12: Touched
01/16/13: NOA2 (47 days after NOA1)
01/21/13: Approved petition mailed to NVC
01/22/13: NOA2 Hard Copy Received
NVC
01/25/13: Petition arrived at NVC
02/11/13: Received Case#/IIN from NVC
02/11/13: Received DS-3032/AOS Bill Invoiced
02/11/13: AOS Bill Paid/DS-3032 Emailed
02/15/13: AOS Package sent to NVC
02/25/13: DS-3032 Accepted
02/26/13: AOS Package Accepted
02/26/13: IV Bill Invoiced
02/26/13: IV Bill Paid
02/27/13: IV Package sent to NVC
03/11/13: RFE: Irish Police Cert. (It's there, Idiot Stick just can't read Irish. "Garda" means "Police". Fool.)
03/20/13: Case Complete
04/01/13: Interview Date Assigned
Consulate
04/16/13: Medical
05/07/13: Interview...Denied 221(g). Now to find a joint sponsor. Good times.
05/22/13: Visa in Hand
07/30/13: POE Dublin

Citizenship

06/04/2023: N-400 Filed Online

06/05/2023: Receipt Sent

06/12/2023: Notice of Biometrics Appointment Received; Appointment Date 06/30/2023

x214.png

7uKb.png

Timeline

Please do not confuse people with misinformation. Applications filed from abroad are sent to the National Benefits Centre in Missouri...and are processed FROM THAT OFFICE. NOT from a local office in the USC's country of residence. Applications originating in the US ARE sent to local offices. And yes, their processing times can differ widely.

For the poster who asked if they could list a foreign residence even if they don't live there...it is NEVER in your best interest to give USCIS, the NVC, or the DOS incorrect information. Do not lie, not even a little bit. You do not live abroad. Don't tell the US government that you do. You don't want anything coming back to bite you in the butt.

I have a lease in my name at a residence in Canada, yet I hold no status here.

I see no reason why I couldn't have put this address as my address abroad, and I damn sure wish I had.

But I'm not going to get into the argument of semantics.

oldlady.gif

Timeline

I have a lease in my name at a residence in Canada, yet I hold no status here.

I see no reason why I couldn't have put this address as my address abroad, and I damn sure wish I had.

But I'm not going to get into the argument of semantics.

But you don't LIVE there, yes?

The poster I was responding to doesn't live in Pakistan. She visits. And hey, maybe there wouldn't be a problem at all with claiming a false residence. I don't know how much scrutiny that part of the application is given. But I sure as Hades wouldn't want to recommend to someone that falsifying information on an application as important as this one is a good idea, you know?

Edited by MeredythB

Our Visa Timeline
USCIS
NVC
03/11/13: RFE: Irish Police Cert. (It's there, Idiot Stick just can't read Irish. "Garda" means "Police". Fool.)
Consulate

Citizenship

06/12/2023: Notice of Biometrics Appointment Received; Appointment Date 06/30/2023

x214.png

7uKb.png

Timeline

But you LIVE there, yes?

The poster I was responding to doesn't live in Pakistan. She visits. And hey, maybe there wouldn't be a problem at all with claiming a false residence. I don't know how much scrutiny that part of the application is given. But I sure as Hades wouldn't want to recommend to someone that falsifying information on an application as important as this one is a good idea, you know?

According to the Canadian gov't, I do not live here.

I hate using the phrase "legally live here" because I feel it implies that I "illegally" live here lol.

I just travel here with my passport and visit for extended periods of time.

But I have a lease on an apt that I pay for with my own money so my land lord sure considers me livin' here.

Someone that's going to pakistan and staying for a few weeks at her husband's apt?

No, that's not living so much.

oldlady.gif

Timeline

According to the Canadian gov't, I do not live here.

I hate using the phrase "legally live here" because I feel it implies that I "illegally" live here lol.

I just travel here with my passport and visit for extended periods of time.

But I have a lease on an apt that I pay for with my own money so my land lord sure considers me livin' here.

Someone that's going to pakistan and staying for a few weeks at her husband's apt?

No, that's not living so much.

This is where phasing out DCF is causing stress on these threads. If all of us overseas/abroad people had just been able to stick to our consulate filings, we wouldn't be coming in here and screwing up the timelines. Plus, it makes me feel really guilty when I see people who filed before me still waiting on their NOA2. All I can do is repeat myself: you don't want misinformation coming back to haunt you. I'm not sure if they do a lot of checking on the authenticity of your address. One assumes that THEY assume you're being truthful, since you want to get your correspondence, but if they DO check up, especially if you report that you live abroad, you don't want to be giving anybody any ammunition for a denial, ye ken?

Our Visa Timeline
USCIS
NVC
Consulate

Citizenship

x214.png

7uKb.png

Timeline

This is where phasing out DCF is causing stress on these threads. If all of us overseas/abroad people had just been able to stick to our consulate filings, we wouldn't be coming in here and screwing up the timelines. Plus, it makes me feel really guilty when I see people who filed before me still waiting on their NOA2. All I can do is repeat myself: you don't want misinformation coming back to haunt you. I'm not sure if they do a lot of checking on the authenticity of your address. One assumes that THEY assume you're being truthful, since you want to get your correspondence, but if they DO check up, especially if you report that you live abroad, you don't want to be giving anybody any ammunition for a denial, ye ken?

I think it all depends on the wording on the form, which quite honestly I don't have time to look over right now.

But I don't remember it saying anything about holding legal resident status in the country when filing from abroad.

Filing DCF is a totally different story and I think you have to prove status to the embassy.

If it mattered that I put my Canadian address, then USCIS would have to admit to the 'abroad auto expedite' which they don't.

oldlady.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.