68 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

How can I get my wife deported and how much would I have to pay? My wife has betrayed me and does nothing but fight with me and watch tv. She is not doing her job in the marriage. She didn't cheat, but is a compulsive liar . She said she converted to my religion for us before she came here and now she is here and says she won't. It's against my religion to be married to her. I want her back in the Philippines. She is a user. She has lied about me to my family and they believe her. Every day with her feels like torture. She has physically abused me but mostly verbally.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Sorry to hear of you unfortunate circumstances.

I hate to see this happen. Is there any chance of counseling to save the marriage?

If that fails, you have to get a divorce first.

I am certain that other members will chime in with their opinions and advice.

Good luck.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

If you did the adjustment of status for your wife already, you may be out of luck (somenone please correct if I'm wrong). If however there has been no AOS then you're able to simply divorce your wife with little repercussions and if you suspect (with solid evidence) that your wife married you primarily to gain a greencard then you can report your case to ICE.

Food for thought, research VAWA and protect yourself if necessary.

Edited by aaydrian

Filed: Timeline

How can I get my wife deported and how much would I have to pay? My wife has betrayed me and does nothing but fight with me and watch tv. She is not doing her job in the marriage. She didn't cheat, but is a compulsive liar . She said she converted to my religion for us before she came here and now she is here and says she won't. It's against my religion to be married to her. I want her back in the Philippines. She is a user. She has lied about me to my family and they believe her. Every day with her feels like torture. She has physically abused me but mostly verbally.

Do you think she's using you for immigration purposes? If so, that's a felony on her part.

Has she removed conditions already? If yes, you're probably out of luck, if not, and she's still on a conditional green card, she'll more than likely have to return to the Philippines if you get a divorce, because the condition of her green card is that she's married. The only way she could stay if you divorced before conditions were removed would be if she claimed that you abused her.

This is called VAWA (Violence Against Women Act)- Research it and protect yourself. There have been instances of foreign women marrying American men and all of a sudden screaming "abuse!" out of nowhere so they can divorce and stay legally once they get into the country.

If you did the adjustment of status for your wife already, you may be out of luck (somenone please correct if I'm wrong). If however there has been no AOS then you're able to simply divorce your wife with little repercussions and if you suspect (with solid evidence) that your wife married you primarily to gain a greencard then you can report your case to ICE.Food for thought, research VAWA and protect yourself if necessary.

Doesn't matter if she adjusted status already if she's on a conditional green card. If conditions have been removed already, that's a whole different ball game, and will probably end up in her staying.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Do you think she's using you for immigration purposes? If so, that's a felony on her part.

Has she removed conditions already? If yes, you're probably out of luck, if not, and she's still on a conditional green card, she'll more than likely have to return to the Philippines if you get a divorce, because the condition of her green card is that she's married. The only way she could stay if you divorced before conditions were removed would be if she claimed that you abused her.

This is called VAWA (Violence Against Women Act)- Research it and protect yourself. There have been instances of foreign women marrying American men and all of a sudden screaming "abuse!" out of nowhere so they can divorce and stay legally once they get into the country.

Doesn't matter if she adjusted status already if she's on a conditional green card. If conditions have been removed already, that's a whole different ball game, and will probably end up in her staying.

Sorry the above is wrong. People remove conditions all the time on their own while divorced. Just need to prove that the marriage was entered to in good faith. As soon as the divorce decree is received, the immigrant can file to remove conditions immidiately without having to wait 1 year 9 months.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Sorry the above is wrong. People remove conditions all the time on their own while divorced. Just need to prove that the marriage was entered to in good faith. As soon as the divorce decree is received, the immigrant can file to remove conditions immidiately without having to wait 1 year 9 months.

Thanks for rectifying both of our comments.

Edited by aaydrian

You can't get her deported if the marriage has simply failed.

You can forward any evidence you may have if you feel she has used you for immigration purposes. But you still cannot control whether she gets deported or not. That's up to the gov't and whether it can be legitimately proven that she has used you for a greencard.

Get a divorce, forward whatever evidence you may have, then move on.

Sorry, and good luck.

Timeline

Sorry to hear of you unfortunate circumstances.

I hate to see this happen. Is there any chance of counseling to save the marriage?

If that fails, you have to get a divorce first.

I am certain that other members will chime in with their opinions and advice.

Good luck.

Thanks, I have tried marriage counceling and and 1on1 with a therapist but she lies to him and she doesn't work on the things he tells us to work on, so when I told him, he told us to think about getting a divorce. She has broken ever vow we gave and we had a great minister to marry us who was also a Filipina and had wise advice, that I agreed with 100%. We had a 20 minute or so talk with her about marriage etc. after we got married. She didn't even listen to her. It is clear to me that I have been fooled by her. At least I tried. I have no regrets. I just want a better future.

Timeline

If you did the adjustment of status for your wife already, you may be out of luck (somenone please correct if I'm wrong). If however there has been no AOS then you're able to simply divorce your wife with little repercussions and if you suspect (with solid evidence) that your wife married you primarily to gain a greencard then you can report your case to ICE.

Food for thought, research VAWA and protect yourself if necessary.

Thanks, yea I already got the I-485 form for AOS approved and now is a 2 year waiting process. I have only photos of bruises and scratches but no clear evidence. Also I got fired by DHS back in August and can't really support her & live my life. She is greedy and wants everything and takes it all for granted. I'm still trying to get my job back through EEOC and my Congressman. It seems she is always intentionally hurting me by all means especially sleep. All I know is that I have been betrayed and she should be deported. I spent all the mopney for everything willingly and still do but I want to stop now. I have no car also because of the police arresting me for a DUI when I don't even drink, nor was I offered a breataliser test and was falsley imprisoned for 24 hours and the insurance company wouldn't pay for my car even though it was the other drivers fault.

Anyway Thank you!

That’s it sad. Sorry that your relationship isn’t working after all you guys been thru with the process of petitioning her (I read your timeline..lol) anyways I don’t know the real story. I cannot judge her without getting her side yet. But one thing I could tell you I hope things get better soon.

The longer it takes to happen the more you'll appreciate it when it does!

Timeline

Thanks a lot! She hasn't even gotten her green card in the mail yet. It's on the way. That VAWA scares me, because she has abused me and I have only tried to restrain her. She must have to have proof, she can't just say it, right? Also how about my affidavit of support? Is that void then?

Timeline

Well, she couldn't survive here and she already told me she wants to go home. I dont beleive her, but eitherway I am waiting for my tax money because I don't know how much it will cost to get rid of her.

You can't get her deported if the marriage has simply failed.

You can forward any evidence you may have if you feel she has used you for immigration purposes. But you still cannot control whether she gets deported or not. That's up to the gov't and whether it can be legitimately proven that she has used you for a greencard.

Get a divorce, forward whatever evidence you may have, then move on.

Sorry, and good luck.

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

one post removed for being just flat out snarky.

two other posts removed for quoting that post and for responding with personal attacks.

one additional post removed for quoting one of those personal attacks.

now either provide the op with some meaningful advice or don't post at all.

Edited by charles!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Oh no things are getting nasty in this thread :crying: I know exactly how you feel to be betrayed and used. My brother got married to a foreigner and used him for green card. (Same thing happen to one of my friend too) I will probably feel the same if my fiancé did the same to me. Let just pray that god will do all the punishment for this kind a people. Let karma runs after them.

The longer it takes to happen the more you'll appreciate it when it does!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.